+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Browns RB Green Arrested on DUI, Marijuana Charges

Browns RB Green Arrested on DUI, Marijuana Charges

Updated: 06:01 PM EST
    Browns RB Green Arrested on DUI, Marijuana Charges
    By TOM WITHERS, AP SPORTS

WESTLAKE, Ohio (Oct 29) -- Cleveland Browns running back William Green was arrested on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and marijuana possession, police said Wednesday.

Green's car was stopped Monday after police received a cell phone call from a motorist reporting a possible drunken driver.

According to the police report, Green was pulled over and given a field sobriety test. The officer also found a bag of marijuana weighing 3.2 grams in Green's car.

The Browns did not immediately return a phone message seeking comment Wednesday.

Green, in his second NFL season, missed Cleveland's game last Sunday against the New England Patriots with a separated right shoulder. It would have been a homecoming of sorts for Green, who starred at Boston College before turning pro after his junior season.

While at BC, Green was twice suspended from the team for marijuana use.

The Browns made him the 16th overall pick in the 2002 NFL draft.

Following a slow start as a rookie, Green ran for 887 yards -- 726 in his final seven games -- as the Browns won seven of their last 10 games to earn a playoff spot.

Green leads Cleveland (3-5) this season with 559 yards on 142 carries.

The Browns have a bye this Sunday. After practicing Wednesday, Cleveland's players have four days off and do not have to report back until Monday.

10-29-03 18:50 EST

ETA From the Brows website

Statement From Carmen Policy
    This report filed October 29, 2003

QUOTE FROM PRESIDENT AND CEO CARMEN POLICY REGARDING CHARGES AGAINST WILLIAM GREEN

“We have been made aware of legal proceedings that are pending against William Green. Our team policy dictates that we handle all incidents involving our players within the organization on an individual basis. William is represented by counsel, and we have been assured that we will be kept advised throughout these proceedings. We will work in conjunction with the National Football League to monitor this matter closely.”

______________________________ ______________________________ _______

I just love the fact that these guys make a kizilion dollars a year and can't even go without getting high during the season, not that they should be doing it all. What a freakin' moron. Another athlete I have 0 respect for.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 10-29-2003 at 07:52 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Unkle I completely agree. Which is why I have my football crushes, none of them have gotten arrested for drunk driving or posession of marijuana. Neither has my favorite player, Warrick Dunn. I can't imagine him getting caught for this stuff. Those are the guys I like, not morons like this guy.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    This guy isn't too smart cause he is still a kid, I.E. he turned pro after his junior year which he is maybe 22-23? he has alot of learning and growing up to do. Which cracks me up seeing people bet on college football games. I always said "if you met these kids in person, who wouldn't give them a dollar but you'll bet $50 on a game with 11 of them oin the field, Your an idiot"
    Last edited by joeguy; 11-03-2003 at 10:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread