+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Smoking Gun ID's the Cubs game-wrecker

I saw a preview the other day for "Grounded for Life", and there is going to be a show about the incident. The guy catches the ball at a Yankee game and all of New York is against him. I hate this show, and to see this makes me sick. Like the guy isn't already embarassed enough? C'mon people, lay off. (To be fair I didn't actually see the incident)
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Apparently the main guy from King of Queens is also producing a movie --not about this guy specifically, but about the premise of a fan causing a change in the course of a game. I can't believe it.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Well, the preview I saw looked pretty similar. Like he catches the ball right above the fielders glove and then a mob of people surround his house,(only it was yankees) ect. It is digusting how people can be that low. Seriously, its not like he is a Marlins fan and wanted the Cubs to lose, so he did it on purpose. He is a Cubs fan who made a mistake. I'm sure he feels horrible even without all the greif he is getting. Bottom line, PEOPLE NEED TO CHILL OUT, IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!!

As a sophomore in high school with very minimal journalism education(although that's what I'm looking to go into), I am both happy and disgusted with the media's coverage of this. The Chicago media totally overblew the thing by giving out his personal information. But I give credit to my local(NJ) newspapers and most internet sites for clearly showing this was not Bartman's fault. The media could have very easily dropped the ball and blew it way out of proportion. I watched the Red Sox-Yankees Game 7 and was happy to see it mentioned only once or twice. I am digusted that they are making a movie out of this. Under normal circumstances, it would be brought up every time the Cubs make the playoffs, which is plenty enough, but to make a movie? Now he has the memories to last a lifetime.

I hope the Cubs do something nice for him. Possibly award him season tickets next season if the thing seems to have blown over. Possible dinner with Cubs teammates, again, I am talking about maybe in December when it is not so fresh in our minds.

I was happy to see SportsCenter give the opinions of all sides, then theirs, the correct one I believe, that Bartman had equal right to the ball. Can you imagine this guys thought process? "We're up 3-0, 5 outs left. Hey, a foul ball. Now we have a safe lead and I get a souivineer! But wait! Maybe some guy I can't see can make a play, thus preventing a possible but improbable 8 run rally by the visting team aganst our best pitcher. Maybe I should cover my jewels too, just in case." I can easily say 99% of all fans would have done the same thing in Bartman's case.
    English side... ruined! Must use French directions. Le Grille?! What the hell is that?!

Thunderstruck, I couldn't have said it any better. I doubt that he will get anything from the Cubs though. I bet that would make people jealous and even more angry. I just hope that humiliation is all he will have to face. I am truly scared for his safety. Death threats??? That is frightening. It's not that serious people. It was just a game.

From what I understand, people in Chicago are coming to their senses and realizing that's what they would have done too. Which is very good.
    English side... ruined! Must use French directions. Le Grille?! What the hell is that?!

oldschool
    he didnt even get the ball

By the way, the Grounded for Life episode was originally aired 2 years ago, so it was not made with Steve Bartman in mind

Oh ok, sorry about that. I only saw the show once or twice. And they showed that preview right after it happened, so I just assumed it was new. Thanks for clarifying that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234