+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Punter vs Ax

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar

Punter vs Ax

This should be a surprise to No-One! Great thinking for a coach to put an ax and a block of wood in a locker room... Testosterone filled football players on a losing team combined with an ax in the locker room- i could only imagine those halftime and post game scenes...

(from ESPN.com)
    Hanson axed for Phins game
    When rookie coach Jack Del Rio placed a stump of oak and an ax in the locker room a few weeks ago as a motivational technique -- symbolic of his theme to "keep choppin' wood" -- it was viewed as a sophomoric technique by some veterans. Now the move is likely to be regarded as a huge mistake. The Jaguars on Oct. 8 lost Pro Bowl punter Chris Hanson for at least the Oct. 12 home game against the Dolphins, when the fourth-year veteran was accidentally gashed by the ax. Hanson, 26, was taken to a local hospital for stitches to what Del Rio termed "a gash of some sort." A star-crossed franchise in Del Rio's debut season, Jacksonville will sign veteran punter Mark Royals, who was released by the Dolphins two weeks ago. Last summer, Hanson sustained first- and second-degree burns on both hands and his right ankle after a fondue pot accident

Last summer, Hanson sustained first- and second-degree burns on both hands and his right ankle after a fondue pot accident
    I might be a terrible human being, but that's the funniest thing I've read all day.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Well, I don't know if this is entirely the coaches fault... Hanson sounds like an idiot. I mean, how did he get a burn on his ankle and hands after a fondue pot accident? Is he really stupid enough to pick up smoldering fondue that's pretty hot with his bare hands and then accidentally throw the fondue on his foot.... *snerk* *snerksnerk* *haha* *HAHA*

AmandaG, add me to the terrible human being list.

+ Reply to Thread