+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rush-ed out the door

Leo
    Premium Member
    Rush Limbaugh? Tactful? That'll be the day.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    the Sunday Countdown crew really sold Rush out this weekend... makes you wonder if they have any input what-so-ever in determining who gets hired.
    This is something that could have been avoided all together with a friendly meeting with the powers-to-be and the actual Sunday Countdown crew...

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    True. Rush has no tact, and sometimes not even a trace of knowledge, and you do have to wonder why in the world they would hire him knowing that he might not make alot of good press... or any good press at all, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    the Sunday Countdown crew really sold Rush out this weekend... makes you wonder if they have any input what-so-ever in determining who gets hired.
    This is something that could have been avoided all together with a friendly meeting with the powers-to-be and the actual Sunday Countdown crew...
    Yeah, they spent the first part of the show coming down on him very hard, which is fine and all, except that not one of them had any issue with what he said at that the time, and they understood it in the context it was said.

Now, they come back this week and vilify him. The difference? Pressure from the Philly media. Spineless. Jackson's "anger" was especially entertaining considering he was joking after the comments on the show last week. Their excuse? They all "missed it". BS

Now, I don't listen to Limbaugh, but I know he is remarkably successful. Putting him into a sports show is just as silly as allowing Dennis Miller into the Monday Night Football booth, and I LOVE Dennis Miller. They never should have done it. People watch sports to get away from all the spin crap politics and real world problems.

I was sick to my stomach though watching those losers try to cover their own asses by piling on to someone else. All the while emphasizing teamwork. It was disgusting.

Ironically, it was Steve Young who gave the best rebuttal on the topic, correctly pointing out that it was 20 years ago that the color barrier was a topic of conversation in regards to QB's, and it was a very real problem then. Since then, it is a moot point.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]If I had to choose between Rush Limbaugh and Dennis Miller, Miller would win by a landslide!!! I think that ESPN was stupid to hire him because he was so controversal and he speaks his mind on things that hurt people. With the McNabb incident, that was the final straw. I am glad that the sportscasters at ESPN stood up to the jerk and let him have it and stood up for their convictions!! Way to go ESPN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    I was sick to my stomach though watching those losers try to cover their own asses by piling on to someone else. All the while emphasizing teamwork. It was disgusting.
    They even have an article on the front page of espn.com this morning talking about how the commentators handled it. I guess Berman "kicked himself" all week about it. Yeah, whatever. :rolleyes I never watch the show, but if there's one person they should fire, it would be him. He's completely lazy and incompetent these days. Half the time he doesn't even get the play calls correct. And the other half of the time he's using all his old saws: the dumb, trite catch-phrases and all those hideous nicknames that never were funny. Forget kicking a dead horse. He's got his big, sloppy, satiated foot lodged in the horse's dried-out skeleton. He's worthless. Get rid of him.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I think that what Rush said was foolish, but I don't think that it warranted all the attention it got. BTW, who did it get attention from? Oh, that's right, the media - the people that he's made a career out of going after.

Why am I not surprised that they piled on the first chance they got?

And Paulie, your "satiated foot" comment is killin' me!

I'm still having trouble figuring out how his comment was racist. He accused the media of being racist. Simultaneously, he said a player was overrated. I can understand why this would piss the media off, but they need to come up with better stuff than "He called us racist so...he's racist! get him!".

I pity any member of the media who even hinted at the possibility that his comment was racist so that they could get emotional backing. The "opinion" side of the media should have simply approached the issue by saying:

1. McNabb is not overrated and this is why...
    2. The media does not particularly wish to prop up a black QB and this is why...

McNabb on Wednesday said he didn't mind criticism of his performance but was upset that Limbaugh made his race an issue. He said it was too late for an apology.
    McNabb, you're missing the point. Limbaugh said the media made your race an issue. Limbaugh's entire point is that your true performance, which, in his opinion, is not as good as other say it is, should be the only issue.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    funny how this took till wednesday to get out, nothing said monday and tuesday. took two days for the "spin doctors" to turn it around and make it Rush's fault.

funny how none of the sunday crew had the balls to say anything last week, but this week they all had balls as big as philly to say everything against the man. tough when he's not there to defend hisself.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    funny how this took till wednesday to get out, nothing said monday and tuesday. took two days for the "spin doctors" to turn it around and make it Rush's fault.
    If you're in the really conspiratorial mood, you could say that it was deliberately delayed so that and the drug story would come out in a one-two punch.

Probably not, though. There is a tendency for stories like this to percolate for a day or so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12