+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 187 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Hockey - Part 3

eny
    FORT Fogey
    That's the new Yotes oufit? The whole damn thing is hideous. Another entry in the ugliest NHL uniforms category.
    Hey Wayner 3-0 for the sharks !
    I think it's a hoot that everyone seems to have new pads this year. Just shows how out of hand they had gotten , they all had to change them.

Poor JR - so hows that Potvin situation workin out for ya ?
    What the **** was wrong with him.
    Last edited by eny; 09-25-2003 at 09:40 AM.

Those are really bad and really huge ... Canucks vs. Phoenix tonight! should be a 20 shot snoozfest. and lol 9-0 lastnight detroit, yikes!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Yep, that's right - the Sharks beat the new-look Coyotes 3-0 with goals from household names Todd Harvey, Niko Dimitrakos, and Johnathan Cheechoo.

Of course, that means that since Nabby got the shutout last night, I'll probably get to watch Kipper in nets tonight. Game time is a little over four hours away.

And with the way Boucher's pads look, I expect SCUBA divers to emerge from a hold in the ice in front of him at any minute.

JR.
    Oh yeah, Potvin was a great pick-up Well, that first overall pick next year is looking good.

I like those Yote uniforms better than that ugly Picasso looking mess.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    They look so peewee level for some reason , but yeah better than the weird green ones. I think they are going to have Canuck ugly uniformitis.
    When they moved from Winnipeg they should have kept the r/w/b, like the Stars did, when they moved from m/stp.
    Course the stars were green yellow for the golden seals, which they used to be.
    I'm rambling again aren't I.
    I had that info tucked away somewhere, who used to be what..

Ok so I seriously need for the regular season to start ... I can beat Wayners no name crew, Nathan Perrot scored the GWG for the Leafs.The last I heard of him, Quinn picked him up at a PREDS fire sale last spring.
    Last edited by eny; 09-25-2003 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I think they are going to have Canuck ugly uniformitis.

I dun get it...which uni's u talkin about? The new ones are nice, the old ones with the skate were sorta decent...the V ones were crap if that is what your talkin about.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I dun get it...which uni's u talkin about?.
    (You might want to check board rules on lingo). Every single one they've had has been ugly until the current one , which totally rocks.The cooprinalls (sp?) coupled with the V's were unbelievable.
    No slag on the team , but the person who kept making those decisions should have been shot and hung.
    The preds yellow is the one that is currently the most hideous, although I'm sure there are more I've forgotten.

I also find that the Coyotes uniform looks like a minor league team. It's fine they play like that, but they don't have to look like that too.~lol I didn't like their 1st jersey and I don't like this one either. Maybe it's cuz with the pads and all, it's just too much. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see just the jersey without flashy red and white everywhere.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Okay, here are my thoughts from the Sharks/Avs game last night. (because I know you're all dying to hear my thoughts. )

- The Sharks held out many of their top players. The Avs didn't. Which meant that Selanne, Kariya, Foresberg, Sakic, Heduk, and Tanguay were being defended by the likes of Davison, Ehrnoff, and Preissing. Who? Foote, Blake, and Skoula (yes, Ducky, he had two goals) defended guys like oh, hell, I don't know. Damphousse, Ricci, and Thornton didn't make the trip, and I don't thing I saw McAuly on the ice, either.

- The Avs took a 3-0 lead before losing steam and winning 3-2. The Sharks were 1 for 10 on the PP. Yep, you read that right - they had 10 PPs. And they should have. The Avs were out of control - taking several elbowing calls, charging, high-sticking. If this was a regular season game, against an NHL roster, that would have cost them the game.

- The Avs stars look terrific. Fast, smooth, crisp. Just great. If not for some great saves by Kipper in the first, it could have been 4-0 instead of 0-0.

- Sauve looked very, very good. The only goals he let in were when the defense didn't get the traffic out of his way; if he saw the puck, he stopped it.

- Blake's PP goal was beautiful, and the penalty killers didn't see him sneak in the back door until it was too late - great play.

- I was surprised that even with all their firepower at forward, going against several guys defensement that have never played an NHL game (I think the only three regular defensemen the Sharks deployed were Stuart, McLaren, and Fahey), the Avs offensive stars were shut down. If they have to depend on Skoula to win games for them, they aren't going to be the high-powered offensive juggernaut people expect.

I had fun. I wore my Sharks sweater and my new Sharks cap, and nobody gave me any grief. They never do. Here's the kind of conversation you hear from the typical Av's fan at the games: "Oh, Sakic is so cute. Does this tube top show off my boobs enough? Oh, look, the scoreboard thingie is telling us to make noise - woo-hoo! Joey!!!" (bounce bounce bounce)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    I had fun. I wore my Sharks sweater and my new Sharks cap, and nobody gave me any grief. They never do. Here's the kind of conversation you hear from the typical Av's fan at the games: "Oh, Sakic is so cute. Does this tube top show off my boobs enough? Oh, look, the scoreboard thingie is telling us to make noise - woo-hoo! Joey!!!" (bounce bounce bounce)
    As if you didn't enjoy the bouncing....

I wouldn't give you any grief if you showed up in Sharks gear either. I'd feel sorry for you, but at least I'd recognize a true fan.

Sounds like a good time!

+ Reply to Thread