+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Hockey - Part 3

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Ah, the big names on the ice.

And they wonder why the NHL isnt popular in the States.

May I ask all of you a question?
    Have you heard about a player named Mike Ribeiro? (He plays for the Habs)
    Everyday, he's on the sport news here. He's some kind of God. The only problem is, I dispise him. He has talent but whines and moans about everything and yet, so-called experts are in love with him. Plus, he steals air-time from José
    Any thoughts?
    And how are the leafs doing ?
    The av's must be doing good!
    The Sens are being bad I love it!

I have heard of him, but I dont really have an opinion on him, sorry Silver. If you say he's a whiner, he is.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Do you read french Silver ?
    Pour les amateurs de Mike Ribeiro, je crois qu'il sera un excellent joueur dans la AHL, mais par contre, la NHL n'est pas pour lui. Il a raté sa chance en se conduisant comme il l'a fait il y a 2 ans. J'espère que je me trompe sur son sujet, parce que Mike Ribeiro c'est tout qu'un joueur de hockey avec un talent exceptionnel. Mais je doute grandement qu'il ait assez de maturité pour accéder chez les Habs un jour.
    There is tons of stuff on him in french, and not a lot complimentary from my basic french
    From what I can gather he's been on the fringe of the Habs for about 4 or 5 years.He was drafted in 98. He can never quite make that jump from AHL to NHL. They have tried several times to give him a chance, and he always fails in the big club.
    Maybe if they are on and on about him right now, he's finally matured, or maybe he's a whiner because he realizes he doesn't have it.

The leafs blew away the competiton in Europe , but have sucked pretty badly at the NHL competitors. Joe Neiuwendyk is the only poor sap that has been playing with any regularity - he really likes being in blue. I haven't seen any of the big guys since they hit North America again. They signed Klee today , since they had no defence.

The Sens have emerged as a real team . Varada and Rays addition gave them a "bit of rough", and Chara isn't backing down from anyone. Man I'd hate to be on the ice , and run into 6 ft 9 .With the more important addition of a rich owner , they may be Stanley material for sure.

JR.
    Here's a wonderful note from boston.com: As the Bruins approach their Oct. 8 season opener, the play of Potvin has been a concern. He took the brunt of Wednesday night's 9-0 pasting in Detroit, and in two exhibition games the former King has amassed a 13.00 goals-against mark and a .729 save percentage
    I think "concern" is putting it rather lightly

13.00 GAA is awesome!

If you're swiss cheese.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Time to strap on the skates JR.... but even St Patrick had bad bad nights .( like 7 goals in a game 6 or 7 playoff)At least it's pre season.

The Sens kicked the crap out of the Leafs two nights in row.It's gonna be a loooong season.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Do you read french Silver ?
    Yes, I do! That "article" said exactly what I think. He's talented, but his attitude makes him only AHL material. That's the biggest problem around the Habs. Most of the fans look at the media and believe the majority of what they say. Every day since the start of the preseason, they are making interviews with him and saying how much talent he has. Then, the people start liking him, and he's the new hero! The only thing they have forgotten is that he's always good when it doesn't count! That reminds me of someone... *Mariusz Czerkawski*

David Aebischer made 21 of 43 saves in the first period for Colorado.
    Methinks that's a typo.

Among the infractions was a game misconduct to Colorado star Peter Forsberg for fighting Sean Avery with less than six minutes remaining.
    Wait, Forsberg fought somebody?

See... the Avs rested Kariya and Selanne and could only score one goal. Those two better not get hurt.

+ Reply to Thread