+ Reply to Thread

Thread: De La Hoya vs Mosley II

De La Hoya vs Mosley II

I think it should be a good fight this Saturday. Mosley has got it in him to win again (and no doubt he'll be in top form) but i'm pretty sure Oscar will get his revenge. Shane got beaten bad by Vernon both times, and he's clearly not the fighter he was in 2000. De La Hoya seems really eager and hungry for this rematch and I can't wait to see it. Anybody else gonna be watching??
    Last edited by holiday; 09-11-2003 at 09:22 PM.

I watched it, and I have to say that I was dissapointed with the judges decision. In my opinion, as well as the others watching with me, De La Hoya won. Mosley did have the power punches , but not enough of them to hurt Oscar or to win as many rounds as the judges gave him. Mosley did give Oscar a good fight in the 10th, 11th, and 12th round, but it wasn't like Oscar wasn't fighting back. The only way that I figured Mosley would win, would be if he knocked out Oscar, and he had the power to do it. Oh, well. De La Hoya is still the winner in my eyes.

Ok it took me a few days to have this really sink in, and I have watched the fight a few times. Oscar could have won, but he didn't. If he is really gonna have an investigation on this decision than that is just poor sportsmanship and sore losing. It was a close fight and the judges saw it how they saw it. I hope he doesn't retire on this note but if he does he does. He lost, there was no scam going on, and that is that. They should have a third fight though, and he should realize what happened and accept it. I scored the fight myself and I had De La Hoya up 2 points, but due to my re-watching it is simple to see how others would view it different

It was a close fight and De La Hoya was very unlucky in my opinion, He is still a brilliant boxer in my eyes but that was definately not his best fight ever. As holiday said I hope he doesn't retire on this note, It was a close fight and pretty much could of gone either way.

+ Reply to Thread