+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NHL Predictions

NHL Predictions

OK since I am Canadian that means I love hockey...and beer. But I decided to see what everyone though the NHL Standings would look like at the end of the season. Here are my predictions:

Western Conference:
    --------------------
    1. x-Colorado
    2. x-Detroit
    3. x-Dallas
    4. Vancouver
    5. St. Louis
    6. Edmonton
    7. Chicago
    8. Columbus

Out: SJ, Calgary, Phoenix, Nashville, Minnesota, Anaheim and LA

Eastern Conference:
    -------------------
    1. x-New Jersey
    2. x-Ottawa
    3. x-Washington
    4. Philadelphia
    5. Toronto
    6. Boston
    7. Montreal
    8. NY Rangers

Out: Carolina, Pittsburgh, Florida, Buffalo, Atlanta, NYI and Tampa Bay

Stanley Cup: Colorado over Ottawa in 6

I think Ottawa needs another year or two to get some experience, as well as the Canucks. Colorado will run away with it after the signings of Kariya and Selanne. But you never know what injuries could do to them. The Rangers will hopefully not make it, but if they get some good leadership maybe then they can at least sneak in the back door ahead of Tampa Bay and the Islanders.

With Minnesota losing Gaborik in the West they will not be the strong force they were last season. He is there clear leader and star, without them they won't be the same. With these most likely being the last season of all the vets in Detroit together, Yzerman, Hasek etc. and the lockout probably happening the following season watch them fall after this season.

Those are my predictions, they will change around but that is the basic idea...anyone who has their own predictions post them here and lets get some talk goin!

OK, Chicago and Columbus in and Minnesota and Anaheim out? Have to TOTALLY disagree! The Ducks lost Karyia. The Ducks gained Federov and Prospal. Advantage Ducks. (as much as that pains me to say)

The Rangers'll never make the playoffs. Well...maybe they have a shot now that Sather is behind the bench. I bet they'll get off to an ok start and fade away though, because the Rangers are where you go to suck.

The only way Dallas will win their division again is if Marty Turco plays like he did this year. Anaheim will give them a bigger run for their money than last year though. Sorry Wayner, but I don't see the Sharks doing any better this year, especially now that Selanne is gone.

To COLORADO.

I won't argue with you saying Colorado is #1, and winning the STANLEY FREAKIN CUP! Wooo!

Uh, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse_85
    OK since I am Canadian that means I love hockey...and beer. But I decided to see what everyone though the NHL Standings would look like at the end of the season. Here are my predictions:

Western Conference:
    --------------------
    1. x-Colorado
    2. x-Detroit
    3. x-Dallas
    4. Vancouver
    5. St. Louis
    6. Edmonton
    7. Chicago
    8. Columbus

Out: SJ, Calgary, Phoenix, Nashville, Minnesota, Anaheim and LA

Eastern Conference:
    -------------------
    1. x-New Jersey
    2. x-Ottawa
    3. x-Washington
    4. Philadelphia
    5. Toronto
    6. Boston
    7. Montreal
    8. NY Rangers

Out: Carolina, Pittsburgh, Florida, Buffalo, Atlanta, NYI and Tampa Bay

Stanley Cup: Colorado over Ottawa in 6

I think Ottawa needs another year or two to get some experience, as well as the Canucks. Colorado will run away with it after the signings of Kariya and Selanne. But you never know what injuries could do to them. The Rangers will hopefully not make it, but if they get some good leadership maybe then they can at least sneak in the back door ahead of Tampa Bay and the Islanders.

With Minnesota losing Gaborik in the West they will not be the strong force they were last season. He is there clear leader and star, without them they won't be the same. With these most likely being the last season of all the vets in Detroit together, Yzerman, Hasek etc. and the lockout probably happening the following season watch them fall after this season.

Those are my predictions, they will change around but that is the basic idea...anyone who has their own predictions post them here and lets get some talk goin!

OK here's mine

WESTERN CONF

Detroit
    Vancouver
    Dallas
    Colorado
    St. Louis
    Minnesota
    Anaheim
    L.A

Your predictions seem totally biased and whatnot in the west, how can you actually think Columbus and Chicago will make the playoffs and leave out Anaheim and Minnesota? That seems crazy to me. Chicago may make the playoffs if wierd things happen but Columbus? Come on. Anaheim has it all together and with Federov they will rock ass, I don't like em, but they are good, JS will probably have a Vezina type year ... Mini is solid through and through. And LA is also solid, if they don't get destroyed with injuries ala last year they will probably have a really good year.

Your Eastern picks are good, I can't disagree with any of them.

My Stanley cup prediction is Vancouver over Phili (maybe only in my dreams but it could happen!)

Good thread Clipse_85, hope you post in the all things hockey thread too, it can be fun! Also being Canadian, hockey is life! I don't feel like making a whole prediction thing right now, but I hope Claude could win his 5th stanley cup before he probably retires at the end of the season :mad: and I'm hoping Jose kicks some major a$$, to show he's not a "one hit wonder". Go JOSE!!!

Jose is done, bring in Cujo, lol, j/p ... I hope the Habs do some damage this year, they deserve a good playoff run

Jose is done but Cujo is not? hahahaha, oooh, thanks I needed a laugh.

I hope the Habs make it too, but they need soem sort of miracle, I think.

catch the lol, j/p? anyhoo, my hopes are with the flyers and Hackett, I don't think he has the skill for a full season run but I sure hope Phili can do something, I want a cup!!!! and in the west, the ball is in your hands Clouts, I seen the ads, this is what you want, this is the year to prove it

Flyers can't win because Bobby Clarke is a vile person.

lolol, true, but that has nothing to do with anything duckgirl! I tend to agree with you though about Bobby, not my favorite person but I can't do anything about him, still love the flyers ... I got addicted to them in 86 when Pelle Lindbergh was the goalie, then he died ... then they went to the finals with Hextall, since then I have always loved them regardless of their GM or any off ice shenanigans, just a big fan of the team.

I can't even be a fan of the team! I dunno what it is about them. I don't hate them as much as say, Detroit, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast