+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NHL Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by evalaruefan
    and I'm hoping Jose kicks some major a$$, to show he's not a "one hit wonder". Go JOSE!!!
    Very well said. He's going to stop some pucks and look great while doing it. First game of season vs Ottawa, I can't wait!!!
    I will make only one prediction and it concerns the Carolina Hurricanes. They will not finish 30th this year

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    With the team they're putting on the ice if the season was to start today, I think the Avs will easily be the highest scoring team in the NHL. That's great in the regular season, but come playoff time they'll need tighter defense and better goaltending than I think they'll get from Aebi. Sorry Ducky.
    *said while chugging delusion juice* Hello! After a whole season of playing goal, Aebi will be in top shape come playoff time! At first, he'll be rusty, but then he'll kick it into high gear and be a brilliant Giguere type player! Yeah!

Hey, my delusion juice bottle is empty. Where's the rest of it? *gets handed a bottle* Oh, thanks Lacroix!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Plug your ears Ducky

The avs , while overloaded with offence, have never played without St Patty for an extended period of time. It's gonna be all hands, to defend the net (or poor Skoula's gonna get run over), and they are not used to playing that way.They used to relax and do other things like watch Forsberg dipsy doodle the puck. Still , I expect a pretty good year from them.

You can listen now Ducky

I don't see why people are all hot on Dallas .They didn't sign anyone , lost Hatcher , and well Turco has a nasty Checkmanek/Irbe streak in him, where he plays brilliantly , then gets in a funk where he couldn't stop a beach ball.

The nucks, with the addition of Vaclav Prospal, are looking very nice indeed. All they need is Clouts to perform , and they should finish well.

I hate to say it , but Detroit is looking good with Hatcher in red, and no Cuchoke in net.Now if they could only get the coke spoon outta McCarty's nose, and pretend like Scotty is still behing the bench.

Ottawa is looking good with most of the same crew on ice, and with the addition of a deep pocketed owner come trade deadline. They should finish the same, or just behind what they did last year.

Washington , anyone is for sale on that team .Jagr has a problem playing since he lost the mullet ( and of course capn Mario) It was the saddest thing to look at that arena in the freakin playoffs , and see it only half full.

Mario will get a zillion points , the rest of the Jr A Penguins will toddle along behind him.

The Rangers will of course tank as usual.

NJ have Larionov now. That practically guarantees an endorsement from Depends. If they can get Brodeur to stop chasing family members for sex, and let go of the Vezina , they should be set.

Toronto , has a new GM who has shown signs of not having his head up his ass. Still PQ is on the job, so that can't be good.

Wow, they have Neiwendyk and a Healthy Nolan in addition to Mogilny and Sundin . Only thing is they have NO freakin defence past McCabe,(who is injured) Kaberle and the new hatchet boy Marchment. Aki Berg - yeah right. Better hope some of the kids come forward in camp...
    Ed-die Ed-die

I still expect Tampa to kick some butt. Vinnie can skate circles around most of the old farts on offence. And of course Kabibulin ( I just love saying it)

Boston has the Cat, who is on his what - 5th life ?
    I hope Joe can make practice in between community service time...Harry Sinden, I used to like you...

I'll post some more when my brain dishes it out...
    Last edited by eny; 09-11-2003 at 08:07 PM.

NJ have Larionov now. That practically guarantees an endorsement from Depends.

lol

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Boston has the Cat, who is on his what - 5th life ?
    I hope Joe can make practice in between community service time...Harry Sinden, I used to like you...
    I would've liked Felix 5 years ago, but he's better than what else is here...I think. Joe's CS is done, but Samsonov and Boynton are still unsigned, and they're still down D-men. I'll be amazed if they make the playoffs this year.

And Harry sucks only slightly less than Jacobs.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    The avs , while overloaded with offence, have never played without St Patty for an extended period of time. It's gonna be all hands, to defend the net (or poor Skoula's gonna get run over), and they are not used to playing that way.They used to relax and do other things like watch Forsberg dipsy doodle the puck. Still , I expect a pretty good year from them.
    I hope you mean Skoula will get run over by ME.

I think during the reg. season, the fact they can score like, eight goals a game, will rock. I doubt Granato'll make it the whole year, though. I mean, right now, I'm just in a "wait and see" mode. The Avs have good defensemen, Foote Blake Morris etc, and forwards who can play good D, but Granato sort of let defense fly for the season so they might have it out of their system. I mean, I don't know. Really I don't want to pass judgement until I've seen at least training camp. Last year's TC, they sucked. The start of the season, they sucked. Firing Hartley helped them wake up, I guess.

Great analysis Eny.

Detroit will have a great year. Damnit.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    They signed Samsonov JR ! Wow is he short ...

JR.
    Finally, a bit of good news! Yeah he's tiny, but has a ton of talent. Definitely the most exciting player on the team. I love that guy (BNIAPWOC). Now they must get some D-men if they want to finish over .500

Yay JR! Finally good news for you.

And Detroit is gonna have a crappy year, the Avs will wipe the ice with them! *keeps chugging the DJ*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast