+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk about NCAA football

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Jeez... Homer Foggy... if i didn't know better i would think you were related to Dan Sileo or something... Silly-O is a sports talk show host here in Orlando that is the biggest Cane homer in the state- never a good thing to say about any other program in the state of Florida... so tiresome...

Roll Tide Roll... even through the NCAA (Nuckleheads Conspiring Against Alabama) sanctions.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy Doggy
    You should add Frank Gore of the U of Miami......watch out for him
    Only a Sophomore.
    (My beautiful Avatar is a picture of me!!)

Speaking of eligibility. I was just thinking that the 2005 draft will be loaded with great Quarterbacks. 3 great's including Chris Rix, Andrew Walter and Ben Rothlisberger. and many good's including Derek Anderson, Zack Mills and my brother David.
    (My beautiful Avatar is a picture of me!!)

Foggy Doggy
    Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    Jeez... Homer Foggy... if i didn't know better i would think you were related to Dan Sileo or something... Silly-O is a sports talk show host here in Orlando that is the biggest Cane homer in the state- never a good thing to say about any other program in the state of Florida... so tiresome...

Roll Tide Roll... even through the NCAA (Nuckleheads Conspiring Against Alabama) sanctions.
    As a matter of fact Dan Sielo was a former neighbor of mine (went to the same high school and lived about 3 blocks away).

By the way, is there anything nice to say about the GayTurds & the Semenholes ?

I just look at it this way....it all comes down to jealousy....everyone can't stand the success we've had. In 1977 the school's Board of Trustee's took a vote of 5-4 to keep the football program going as the 'Canes program had won just a grand total of 5 games in the last 3 seasons (75,76 & 77) and was averaging about 15,000 people and losing a ton of money. Now we are one of the "Elite" programs, and it's buring the butts of a lot of people because the U of Miami should NOT be here.....we are a small school (6,000 undergrads), a private school with tutiton of $ 36,500 (higher than Harvards $ 34,000) and compete in a city that has more GayTurd & Semenhole grads than Miami grads (the South Fla GayTurd Alumni Assn, has just over 70,000 LIVING members, and Miami has graduated a total of 100,000 in it's 76 years, most of which don't even live here).

We are the "littel school that can, does and will continue" and the Big Old Bad State Schools just can't stand it

Now do I think Miami will win this Saturday?....I'm not sure, but I can bet we won't lose by a blowout as the GayTurds did last year on their home turf

Foggy Doggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Only a Sophomore.
    Only elegibilty wise....he played in 2001 and was injured in 2002, he will be draft eligible after this season.
    Last edited by Foggy Doggy; 09-02-2003 at 12:31 AM.

Foggy Doggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Speaking of eligibility. I was just thinking that the 2005 draft will be loaded with great Quarterbacks. 3 great's including Chris Rix, Andrew Walter and Ben Rothlisberger. and many good's including Derek Anderson, Zack Mills and my brother David.
    Rix could be a great one, but he needs to overcome a lot of baggage he's bringing to the table right now.....I'm still not convinced he's a true leader that you need to be in the NFL.

I think Marcus Vick of Va Tech will be coming out in 2004 or 2005 and be the best of the bunch.......also Roberson of K-State could be a great NFL QB if he can get his accuracy down.

...we are a small school (6,000 undergrads), a private school with tutiton of $ 36,500 (higher than Harvards $ 34,000) and compete in a city that has more GayTurd & Semenhole grads than Miami grads (the South Fla GayTurd Alumni Assn, has just over 70,000 LIVING members, and Miami has graduated a total of 100,000 in it's 76 years, most of which don't even live here).

We are the "littel school that can, does and will continue" and the Big Old Bad State Schools just can't stand it
    a tad bit hippocritical i think given the U Miami's postion of blackballing U of Central Florida from getting into any conferences for so many years... UM fans cry so hard about how they were treated unfairly by UF, FSU people, but they turn around and give the same crap to UCF- which by the way at almost 40,000 students is bigger then both UF and FSU. Do you think the MAC was the first conference choice by UCF- umm No, Big East- yes, Miami c-blocked them- ACC? Miami c-blocked them there as well? So even though UM is not a big bad state school- they are certainly operating like one... poor form!

Foggy Doggy
    Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    a tad bit hippocritical i think given the U Miami's postion of blackballing U of Central Florida from getting into any conferences for so many years... UM fans cry so hard about how they were treated unfairly by UF, FSU people, but they turn around and give the same crap to UCF- which by the way at almost 40,000 students is bigger then both UF and FSU. Do you think the MAC was the first conference choice by UCF- umm No, Big East- yes, Miami c-blocked them- ACC? Miami c-blocked them there as well? So even though UM is not a big bad state school- they are certainly operating like one... poor form!
    Huh ? What the EFF ? Quinn you smokin' some good ganga bro ?

How did Miami block anyone from getting into a conference ? 1st of all Miami can't do it all by themselves, we have but one lonely little vote and if UCF was wanted in the Big East it would have happened, even against Miami's wishes......and they can't block ANYONE from getting into the ACC, they aren't even a voting member yet They are still in the Big East.

As for UCF ? Lets see.....they have 40,000 students, but what appeal do they have as a TV draw ? ZERO....that is not Miami's fault. It's because they are a 10th or 11th year Division 1a school.....Miami has been a Div 1a school since they divided up the schools in the 1960's or 1970's into the 1a-1aa-II-III divisions. UCF wasn't even playing football until mid to late 80's. Don't blame Miami on UCF's failings in that area. Blame the GayTurds and Semenholes as THEY are the ones who wouldn't let the State of Florida begin any other football programs until the mid 1980's. Miami doesn't even figure into this as we are a private school and under no involvement by the state of Florida or it's old Board of Governors....which by the way was STACKED with GayTurd alums. If you should be mad at anyone, its the GayTurds.

Also what else does UCF bring to the table as a sports school ? Baseball.....only mediocre, not great. Can't remember them ever winning a regional, and I am not sure if they even made one this year. Miami has been in a regional a [b]record[b] NCAA 31 straight years.....by the way ALL as an independant (we do not compete in the Big East Baseball Conference), which gives Miami a competitive disadvantage as we don't have the benefit of winning an automatic bid to a Regional like UCF does being a member of a Conference. We also have 4 National Baseball Championships, and have played in 19 College World Series in those 31 years.

How about Basketball ? Miami was a # 2 seed in 2001, how many times has UCF made the NCAA's ? Can't blame Miami for that either. How about UCF Swimming & Diving ? Miami has produced 36 Olympians, and over 125 medals for the US in those two sports....including the greatest diver of all time Greg Louganis. Tennis anyone ? Miami has produced 11 past Wimbledon winners and 4 UM Alums have won the US Open a total of 12 times. How about Track & Field....Miami has produced a number of the Jamaicans, Americans and other Latino countries medal winners in the last few Olympics.

Quinn.....it's not Miami's fault nothing has happened for UCF. Maybe UCF should stop crying about how "big bad Miami" has hurt them, and work a little harder at building world class facilites and recruiting world class athletes, than crying and pointing fingers at the U of Miami.

Foggy Doggy
    Quinn, I'm VERY interested in where you go this "blackballing" information ? This is soooooo curious, as Miami is a private school and as such has never figured into UCF's lack of competitiveness.

It's interesting how Miami gets blamed for all of the worlds ills......just because they have become a power in college football. By the way Quinn is U of Miami to blame for AIDS, global warming and teh shooting of President Kennedy ?

Quinn, I'm VERY interested in where you go this "blackballing" information ? This is soooooo curious, as Miami is a private school and as such has never figured into UCF's lack of competitiveness.

It's interesting how Miami gets blamed for all of the worlds ills......just because they have become a power in college football. By the way Quinn is U of Miami to blame for AIDS, global warming and teh shooting of President Kennedy ?
    I'll note first- that I'm an U of Alabama alumn and could give a rats behind about UCF- BUT as i do live in Orlando- i am aware of the happenings of the relationships between UCF and UM/UF/FSU... my point being there is little difference between what UCF is going thru now and what UMiami was going thru in the 70's- at the time you blamed (probably rightfully so) UF and FSU for holding you down (what appeal to the TV crowd did a small private University with 6,000 students have at the time), now UCF has UMiami holding them back- it's more then just one vote and you know it- what happens beind closed doors says alot more then a public vote... What does Miami gain by having UCF join a major conference- thats one more in state school Miami has to compete with recruiting wise... Miami gains nothing by UCF joining a major conference!!
    Miami gained promenance by scheduling bigger and better opponents- getting their a$$e$ kicked for a few years (i wont bother asking for an explanantion why UM refuses to play UCF- even though UCF has actively pursued the game for years- and they both had a common open weekend last season with a game to fill- who did UM fill in instead- UConn or FAMU???), the Canes slowly gained momentum occasionally beating some big boys... and finally when they knocked off a few big boys- the alumni started coming around and funding state of the art facilities (alumni fund winning programs)- all the while UM operated as a major independent- trying to get into a conference (whereas UF/FSU held them back)... Sounds alot like what UCF is going thru now doesn't it... eerily similar paths i think! UCF alumni base is huge (with deep pockets), just wanting to throw money at the program- but you and I know damn well that 1) people dont give $$$ to non-winning programs (going 9-3 in the MAC isnt perceived to be a winning program or a successful season), 2) UCF will continue to be relegated to 2nd class status until it gets out of the MAC.

Granted i think it's a reach to think that UM had a hand in the Kennedy asassination however you need to replace those rose colored glasses if you think UM doesnt have a hand in keeping UCF down...

By the way- as a High school football referee- i am still utterly embarrassed by the official who blew the end zone call against the Canes in the National Championship game last season- as an official the last thing i want to do is to decide a game (let alone a championship game)- if it is a penalty you better be absolutely freaking sure it's a penalty- travesty...

+ Reply to Thread