+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk about NCAA football

Birks31

Do you guys follow the Big 12?

What the heck happened to Nebraska?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Nebraska has had issues, but I think they are going to be okay. They have a lot of young talent, and I venture to say next year they will be back on track.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Colorado definately has a good running game, and that is opening up the passing lanes, but they still are subject to the same issues exposed last year.

When they play teams outside the Big 12 who can go vertical with speed, such as Oregon last year, they will get taken apart.

I think CSU has one of the best coaches nobody talks about in Lubick. He has built a consistent winner in a very difficult recruiting environment.

I wonder about Nebraska. It seems that Solich's recruits are either not developing, or not being effectively coached. I watched the same thing happen at USC and UCLA for a long, long slide to mediocrity.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

It seems that Solich's recruits are either not developing, or not being effectively coached. I watched the same thing happen at USC and UCLA for a long, long slide to mediocrity.
    Which is really strange because he's homegrown talent. I think he's been an asst coach there for like 20 years. Seems like the program would have had a pretty simple transition like when Bob Devaney turned the program over to Tom Osborne in the early 70's.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Paulie and Wayner - I thought of you two when I saw the kicker score this TD! What an amazing run -- he's quick -- looked more like a RB than a kicker!

From the AP
    AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. -- The Colorado State coaches asked Jeff Babcock to send the opening kickoff of the second half through the end zone.
    "I'm glad I didn't," Babcock said.
    Air Force's Bryan Blew took Babcock's kick at the goal line and returned it to near the 30, where he fumbled.
    Babcock recovered the fumble and returned it 29 yards for a rare touchdown by a place-kicker as No. 24 Colorado State beat Air Force 31-12 Thursday night, the Falcons' third straight loss.

Originally posted by BravoFan
    Which is really strange because he's homegrown talent. I think he's been an asst coach there for like 20 years. Seems like the program would have had a pretty simple transition like when Bob Devaney turned the program over to Tom Osborne in the early 70's.
    You are right about that.

It's not like Solich doesn't have a great reputation either.

I wonder if it is just the limits on scholarships that is creating parity. In any case, I think Nebraska needs to open up their offensive playbook if they intend to land impact offensive players.

Most of your good QB's and a growing number of RB's who want to make it in the NFL are going to the SEC, Florida schools, and for QB's of course, the Pac 10.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

I agree 100% Bill!

(I love your Av tag, btw)

Originally posted by BravoFan
    (I love your Av tag, btw)
    Thanks, it's a quote I've used for many years now.

2003 season about a month away. Rutgers anyone? Eh? Eh?

Foggy Doggy
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    And believe me -- I hate Miami just as much as the next person (maybe more-- I really dislike all Florida college teams).
    But Miami did make the honorable mention list.
    What is with all the "hate" for Miami....geeesh....sounds like a lot of jealousy

<==== U of Miami class of 1982

+ Reply to Thread