+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk about NCAA football

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    The Buffs have been doing rather well lately and they have an explosive offense. I don't, however, think they can knock off OU...
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Birks31
    Yeah, Oklahoma looks pretty damn good. That coach has done an excellent job restoring that program. Is that guy's name Stoops? I think ND, Miami and OU are 3 programs heading in the right direction and FSU, Tenn and Fla. may be heading South a bit.

Yeah Bob Stoops. He was formerly the defensive coordinator at Kansas State. He's done a heck of a job with their program.

You might need to watch out for Va Tech too!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I would agree with BF; I don't think the Buffs have a chance in hell of beating OU.

I think that Gary Barnett is highly overrated. The man hasn't won a season opener since he got to CU. Despite far superior talent, his Buffs have lost 3 of the last 4 to the CSU Rams. Sonny Lubick, now THERE'S a great coach.

I despise CU, BTW. I think their fans in this area are supremely arrogant.

The thing I don't like about CU is not really their fault. The Denver media has adopted them as the state school for Colorado, and their CU/CSU stories are treated accordingly. Even a CSU win over CU might be characterized as "CU Upset by Rams" instead of "CSU Defeats Buffs". Little things like that.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Ah Paulie, I noticed that when I was there visiting!

And their fans are sort of rude I have to say.

I loved Rick Neuheusel (not sure if the spelling is right) - he seemed really sweet. Too bad Burnett didn't just stay at Northwestern!

Perhaps, Paulie, but there are still some very arrogant CU fans out there. My favorite one was a call into a local radio show before the CSU/CU tilt this year. The caller was adamant that there was no rivalry between his beloved CU and puny little CSU.

DJ: "Really? They've beaten you two of the last three years. How many times would they have to beat you over what period before you'd consider it a rivalry?

Caller: "Oh, at least five or six times over a ten year period!"

DJ: "So for a rivalry to exist, a team must win five for six times in ten years."

Caller: "Yes. Absolutely."

DJ: "That surprises me. Because if memory serves, CU has only beaten Nebraska ONCE in the last ten years. So by your definition, there is no rivalry between CU and the Huskers!"

Caller: "Uh... that's different."

Beautiful, Wayner! Way to snare a dumbass in his own net, DJ.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

CU has only beaten Nebraska ONCE in the last ten years
    Is that true? Seems like they have won more than that.

And I think that K-State has only beaten Nebraska 2 times in the last 30 years. And there is definitely a rivalry there

But that is a classic story Wayner!

Nope, BF, last year was the first time in 10 years! Glad you liked the story.

+ Reply to Thread