+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spencer suspended from NASCAR

Spencer suspended from NASCAR

Spencer suspended for Bristol week
    From NASCAR.com
    August 18, 2003
    3:36 PM EDT (1936 GMT)
    DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Jimmy Spencer was suspended Monday from all NASCAR-sanctioned competition until Aug. 26 for punching Kurt Busch in the garage at Michigan International Speedway.

Spencer was also fined $25,000 and placed on probation through the end of the year. Busch was put on probation until Dec. 31.
    "This was a very unfortunate situation," NASCAR president Mike Helton said. "Emotions are a part of every sport, NASCAR Winston Cup racing included. However there is a fine line. In this instance, that fine line was crossed."

Spencer could still face criminal charges. Lenawee County (Mich.) Sheriff Larry Richardson said Monday that investigators wouldn't turn over their report to prosecutors until at least Tuesday.

Spencer will miss the Truck Series, Busch Series and Winston Cup race this weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway -- the site of one of the first flare-ups in Spencer and Busch's long-running feud.

The latest fight came Sunday when the two made contact late in the GFS Marketplace 400 as Busch attempted to pass Spencer. After the event, Busch's car apparently came to a stop near Spencer's hauler in the garage area.

Witnesses said Spencer pulled in and hit Busch's car from behind. He then reportedly jumped from his car, approached Busch's window and punched the driver in the face.

Jack Roush, Busch's car owner, originally said his driver's nose was broken. But a team spokeswoman said Monday that Busch only chipped a tooth.

Spencer, a 15-year veteran, and Busch have had a strained relationship since Busch broke into Winston Cup in 2001.

They made contact at a race in Phoenix during Busch's rookie season that both drivers complained about, then ran into each other again last year at Bristol when Busch bumped Spencer out of his way to score his first career victory.

At Indianapolis last July, Spencer wrecked Busch early in the race and Busch responded with a series of gestures before walking off the track.

He later called Spencer a "decrepit old has-been."

NASCAR sat both drivers down after the Indianapolis race and the tension between the two had seemed to subside until Sunday.

Suspension is a rarity in NASCAR. It's not clear when the last driver was suspended, but Kevin Harvick was "parked" for one Winston Cup race in April 2002 for rough driving in a Truck Series event.

Ricky Rudd and his former engine builder were fined a combined $15,000 and put on probation for fighting in the garage area last year.

Crew chiefs have been suspended before for rules violations, and a Busch Series driver and Trucks Series driver were suspended indefinitely for drug-related problems.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ _

He deserved it!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

OH MAN i LOVE THIS, about time they put that fat ass spencer on the blocks. lord knows he has caused enough wrecks and look how many he tried to cause during this race, cutting a fine line while moving up on a pass on some of the cars. they even mentioned how close he was getting to some of them during the race. Mr. excitement my butt, more like Mr. wreckless.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    He deserved it!
    Who deserved what??
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

OH MAN i LOVE THIS, about time they put that fat ass spencer on the blocks. lord knows he has caused enough wrecks and look how many he tried to cause during this race, cutting a fine line while moving up on a pass on some of the cars. they even mentioned how close he was getting to some of them during the race. Mr. excitement my butt, more like Mr. wreckless.
    You better not let him hear you.....Jimmy Spencer never forgets!

You better not let him hear you.....Jimmy Spencer never forgets!

Unk. why did I know that was going to be thrown my way!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    Unk. why did I know that was going to be thrown my way!!!!!
    You set me up perfect. Want to take our act on the road? We could probably get 2 nights in the lounge at the Boise Holiday Inn!

You set me up perfect. Want to take our act on the road? We could probably get 2 nights in the lounge at the Boise Holiday Inn!

hey your on!!!!! we'll get Ilikai a drum and symbel set and he can do the rimshots after each joke. brah dum bum, ching!

Spencer's always been a crybaby. This doesn't surprise me in the least.
    It's about time he realized that he can't throw a fit every time he doesn't get his way. And I was sooo looking forward to seeing him at Bristol... NOT.

It's a grand day in NASCAR since that sumbitch is suspended. The thing I don't understand is why they put Busch on probation through the end of the season. Come on now, he was on the receiving end of alot of fat boys stupidity that he calls driving.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I was wondering why Busch got probation for this. Did he do or say something that would have warranted it?
    I also wonder if Spencer will have to go to anger management classes like Stewart did... hehehe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast