+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Olympic Hockey Coach Brooks Dies...

Herb was Claude's favorite coach, they got along really well. It's so sad to hear news like this : (

Quote Originally Posted by CashMoneySoviet
    The Miracle on Ice team. They used to show the gold medal winning game on ESPN Classic a lot.
    A lot of people don't realize that the game against the Russians wasn't the gold medal game. They played Finland two days after they beat the Russians for the gold medal. I wonder how many of us became hockey fans after that? I know I did.

I do remember watching that incredible game and also our pastor in church that Sunday letting us all know the score of the gold medal game. We all cheered when he announced we'd won.

I'm sad that Herb Brooks is gone. I've read today that he was in a golf tournament and may have been extremely tired and fell asleep at the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by GrammarGoddess
    I do remember watching that incredible game and also our pastor in church that Sunday letting us all know the score of the gold medal game. We all cheered when he announced we'd won
    I was flying to Oklahoma City from Columbus for a convention and the pilot kept giving us updates. It was so cool when everybody on the plane would erupt in a big "USA - USA" chant. The plane landed before the game was over and we all made a mad dash for the nearest TV to catch the end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12