+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What sports do you play?

Fade to black
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Ever seen a left-handed third baseman who can make plays? That was me yesterday.
    Now that would be a sight to see. You see it a lot more in the major leagues but not nearly as much on a recreational softball league level. I miss softball (and basketball, and sports in general).

Not that any one cares but when I snapped my ankle in two it was playing third base. I had fractured it the inning before sliding into second, and just thought it was a really bad sprain. Well I wasn't gonna let a bad sprain stop me from playing, so I take the field - first ball of the inning of course is a routine grounder hit right to me. I plant my left foot to throw to first... and my leg starts to vibrate and I collapse to the ground with what is easily the most pain I have ever felt in my life (I'd never even been to the hospital before then). Doctor told me later that if I had left the game after the hairline fracture from sliding into second and just rested it a couple of weeks that all would have been good. Instead, I now have a steel plate in my ankle and STILL struggle with any mobility much faster than a walk almost two years later. I'm actually contemplating going back in to the doctor's and having them remove the plate and actually doing P.T. this time instead of just thinking it'll heal itself.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Quote Originally Posted by eldee

The only sport I played in highschool was field hockey. I didn't even know what it was, so I tried out ,(then cheerleading ).
    I had 2 sisters that used to work for me get college scholarships playing field hockey!

So, eldee, got any cheerleading pictures to share?

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee

The only sport I played in highschool was field hockey. I didn't even know what it was, so I tried out ,(then cheerleading ).
    alright!!!!!!! now that paints a pretty picture.......YEEEEHHHAAAAAA!! !

I still get out and play a round of full contact tag team no holds barred cage match tiddlelee winks.

In 93, I did get to learn how to drive a winston cup nascar car at atlanta in the buck baker driving school. had the honor of having buddy baker drive me around the track. was that a blast, watching the wall pass by inches away at 170mph.

JR.
    I played hockey, as a goalie, on and off since I was about 8 years old. Knee problems caused me to stop 2 years ago because I didn't want to have surgury.

I still play softball once in a while.

I used to play soccer quite a bit until I hyperextended a knee a few years ago. I can still play but I can only run a couple of miles at a time until it bothers me. I'll recreationally (is that a word?) play football, volleyball and softball sometimes too. My biggest workouts nowadays are walking my dog (a Siberian Husky) 2-5 miles a day.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I'm lazy now and I hate any kind of physical activity, so the only sports I play are Playstation football, baseball, and soccer. I always create myself as a player and then play as "myself" in all the games. There's nothing quite like seeing your name listed as a Heisman Trophy candidate.

Now when I was younger, I was quite the athlete. Basketball, soccer, ran cross country, even played a little baseball. The only sport I didn't play that I would have in high school was football, and that was only because my school didn't have a team. I would have made quite the receiver/defensive back/return man if I do say so myself.

I always hated practicing every day after school though, so when I got out of school, I decided not to play sports anymore. More video game time...

Now I like cheerleaders as much as any other guy... unfortunately none of them knew I was alive even though I played ball.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Go Adria and Natalie! CaNaDiAn FaN's Avatar
    I don't really play sports, but I am thinking of trying out for my schools Basketball team this year. Do you think I should?? I'm about 4'9" - 4'10"ish. I know, very short.
    Currently Watching:
    Big Brother 5 - Canadian Idol

- Nokomis - Theresa

If you like the sport, you should definitely play. I played for two years at basically the same height as you.

Now, granted, I wasn't much good at that time , but it helped to have played as I got taller.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Foggy Doggy
    Quote Originally Posted by CaNaDiAn FaN
    I don't really play sports, but I am thinking of trying out for my schools Basketball team this year. Do you think I should?? I'm about 4'9" - 4'10"ish. I know, very short.
    Go for it.....don't let anything or anyone tell you NO....just play, and have fun !

I play softball in the spring. I do gymnastics fall, winter and spring. It would be a sight to see myself next to the very tall John lol. I'm only like 5'1ish, which comes in handy for gymnastics!
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast