+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mark Cuban should keep his mouth shut!!

Mark Cuban should keep his mouth shut!!

If you ask me, I thought the remarks that Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban was very heartless. The NBA will be a positive thing because of the Bryant case!! GET REAL!! Whether you like it or not, all athletes have, are, and will be considered as role models whether they like it or not. People, especially kids, look up to them. I hate to offend all Kobe fans, but I am for the 19-year old victim-accuser because I heard that in Eagleton, she is well-liked and well respected and a lot of her friends stood up for her while the rest of the nation paid more attention to Kobe and having her as a scapegoat. Let's let the courts handle the media circus and let's have more of a "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" way. By the way, Cuban should put people, victims, and sensitivity first and foremost first, instead of fame, wealth, power, and privilege!!

Leo
    Premium Member
    Calm down. I've heard Mark Cuban explain his comments. He wasn't defending Kobe's actions. All he said was that from a strict financial perspective, this would be positive. He didn't say that it was good for the sport.

BTW, I'm not a Kobe Bryant fan. Mark Cuban does seem to be quite an outspoken person - what he said is true, but it was one of those things that no one admits.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Passepartout
    If you ask me, I thought the remarks that Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban was very heartless. The NBA will be a positive thing because of the Bryant case!! GET REAL!! Whether you like it or not, all athletes have, are, and will be considered as role models whether they like it or not. People, especially kids, look up to them. I hate to offend all Kobe fans, but I am for the 19-year old victim-accuser because I heard that in Eagleton, she is well-liked and well respected and a lot of her friends stood up for her while the rest of the nation paid more attention to Kobe and having her as a scapegoat. Let's let the courts handle the media circus and let's have more of a "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" way. By the way, Cuban should put people, victims, and sensitivity first and foremost first, instead of fame, wealth, power, and privilege!!
    You misunderstood Mark Cuban's remarks. Cuban said the media attention generated by the trial will make more people watch NBA basketball, which helps the league commercially. He did NOT mean to imply this makes the alleged rape a good thing. He was just stating a sad truth about the way the sports and entertainment industry works.

I understand you're upset, Passepartout, but you're propagating the same rumour-spreading media circus you think you're attacking. Right now we don't know which party is telling the truth, yet you're already choosing sides. Let's be patient and wait until we're more clear on the facts.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I saw Mark Cuban on CNN last night and he's absolutely right. I think the clips that they have played of his initial comment were really unfair.

If you listen to him explain it, you'll see that he is appalled that this is the case, but everything he has said is true, unfortunately.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    not to mention the season opens up with the Mavericks playing the Lakers.....Mr. Cuban will be happy with all those people watching....

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    A big to kchamber and Bravofan!

Unfortunately it's all about money & power, It's not about the truth and justice. Kobe has bought the best lawyers that money can buy. Now I don't know if Kobe is innocent or guilty, but when the trial starts, his lawyers will do everything to twist the truth around. That's what lawyers do best.

Think OJ Simpson trial. Most people believe in their heart of hearts that he is guilty, but because of his money & celebrity he got off because his lawyers twisted the truth. They played the race card and you can bet that Kobe's lawyers are going to play the race card also. Did you know that the Eagleton's sheriffs department (or the city) had to pay approx $800,000 a couple of years ago, to I believe black motorists, who were victims of racial profiling. You can bet that that will come up in the trial.

Now regarding Mark Cubans comments, he is just like all of the other outspoken people who speak their minds, ie Charles Barkley. They say a lot of outrageous things, that at times are misinterpreted, but they are usually saying something that is truthful.

The truth is, the ratings for the NBA will be up this year, especially for Lakers games if Kobe is playing. That is good for the league. What Kobe is accused of, is not good for the league. It's just an example of young kids who make a lot of money early on in life, having people worshiping everything that they do and probably getting their way all the time and then something like this happens. This will be a good lesson, not only to the married sports athletes, but also the young players coming into the league. Do you really think this was the first time Kobe has cheated on his wife? Most of the athletes cheat on their wives/girlfriends.

So hang on for an interesting season, but I predict that Kobe will get off because his lawyers will twist the truth around. Remember NO always means NO!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Passepartout
    [FONT=comic sans ms]I hate to offend all Kobe fans, but I am for the 19-year old victim-accuser because I heard that in Eagleton, she is well-liked and well respected and a lot of her friends stood up for her while the rest of the nation paid more attention to Kobe and having her as a scapegoat. Let's let the courts handle the media circus and let's have more of a "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" way. /FONT]
    Those so-called friends in Eagle, CO also have said this girl tried to commit suicide and has not been extremely stable over the last year or two. Is she an attention-getter? I don't know all the facts.

You said let's have more innocent until proven guilty, but specifically stated you are for the victim/accuser. She's not on trial, though her credibility might come into play. If you truly believe innocent until proven guilty, then you shouldn't summarily "root" for the accuser/alleged victim.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    Did you know that the Eagleton's sheriffs department (or the city) had to pay approx $800,000 a couple of years ago, to I believe black motorists, who were victims of racial profiling. You can bet that that will come up in the trial.
    Chris
    Regarding this racial profiling of black and Hispanics, the county settled a class-action suit for profiling motorists stopped on Interstate 70, not because the town of Eagle itself was profiling and stopping traffic on town streets. Most non-whites living in Eagle that were interviewed for the article were surprised to hear of any race issues at all and feel Eagle is an extremely non-biased community.

I agree that "No always means no", but our justice system is based on the tenet of innocent until proven guilty. I predict that the trial won't even be held in the Town of Eagle, Eagle County or even in nearby Vail. I think it will be moved to Denver because so many people have already made up their minds on this issue without hearing all the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by GrammarGoddess
    Regarding this racial profiling of black and Hispanics, the county settled a class-action suit for profiling motorists stopped on Interstate 70, not because the town of Eagle itself was profiling and stopping traffic on town streets. Most non-whites living in Eagle that were interviewed for the article were surprised to hear of any race issues at all and feel Eagle is an extremely non-biased community.

I agree that "No always means no", but our justice system is based on the tenet of innocent until proven guilty. I predict that the trial won't even be held in the Town of Eagle, Eagle County or even in nearby Vail. I think it will be moved to Denver because so many people have already made up their minds on this issue without hearing all the facts.
    Well you would probably know the facts better than I, since you live there. And you would know how the people are in Colorado.

But I agree, Denver would be the best place to conduct this circus... I mean trial. As much as I love the Lakers, I hope justice is done and the actual truth comes out. If he is guilty of this crime, then punish him as if it were me (a nobody), but if she is lying/deluded, then she should get the same penalty that he would have gotten.

Chris

+ Reply to Thread