+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anaheim Wins World Series

Anaheim Wins World Series

I think it's really great for baseball that a team without a big time star, :coughbarrybondscough: manages to win the World Series.

Personally, I was a winner when the Yankees were knocked out.

JR.
    I don't think many people were paying attention. I heard it was the lowest rated series ever, down 22% from last year.

Wur-eld See-reez? Whats that?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I was cheering for the Angels but that's because I was a fan of the California Angels when I was a teen. (and if I can find the pic, you'll understand why in the hottest men thread )

However, I didn't even know the WS was on and tuned in last night in the 7th inning -- finding out it was Game 7 . I saw they were up 4-1 and went to bed... I agree, I wish baseball would just go away!

Unfortunately I forgot about the Michael Eisner connection. Had I remembered, I might have wished for a Giants victory (even with Bonds).
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I was glad to see that the Angels won, hate Bonds... and after the stunt that Lofton pulled with the Cardinals, he got on the top of my sh*t list with Bonds. I didn't know about Eisner though, that damn rat factory(disneyland) is messing with everything.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I was pulling for the Giants. Used to be a season ticket holder when I lived in the Bay Area. The Angels are a great team, though, and they have a lot of character. They definitely deserved it.

I think the lowest rated Series of all time was the Subway Series a few years back. Not sure if this one clocked in lower, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did. In general, East Coasters don't care about California teams, same way West Coasters don't care about the big East Coast teams (Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, etc.) very much.

The game itself is hurting big-time. Ratings may be down because the baseball idiots nearly went on strike again this year. Interest is deservedly low for the baseball dinosaur. I with they had gone on strike. They'd have found out what it means to slit your own throat.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    If not for fantasy baseball (yes, I'm a roto geek), I wouldn't care about baseball at all any more. The owners are a bunch of rich, spoiled weasels. The players are a bunch of rich, spoiled weasels. Why should I care about them?

And the commish, who is supposed to be such a baseball expert and loves the game, showed himself to be a complete buffoon yet again when he announced that the World Series MVP award was being presented to Troy "GLOWSE". Un, Commish, it's spelled Glaus, but it's pronounced "GLOSS". You were at the games. Presumably you heard the PA announcer call his name a time or two. You probably thought the fans holding the signs that said "Glaus is Boss" were the idiots. Moron.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Oh, all that said, for the Angels. My first live game as a kid was a double-header between the California Angels and the Minnesota Twins.

Wayner,

I am a roto-geek too. How did your season go?

I agree, Selig is a buffoon. He just spews lies everytime he opens his mouth....as does most of the ownership group as a whole.

Best example yet is the Florida Marlins from '97. They win the world series, but the owner, famously cried poverty and losses all during that season and of course the off-season when he dumped all of his good players, such as Gary Sheffield and Robb Nen because he was "losing money".

Well a basic assessment of the situation showed that the reason the Marlins were losing money is because their stadium deal was horrible. Just an absolute rip-off, and probably three times the rate of what was fair. So why not renegotiate the deal with the owner of the stadium? Well, the owner was unwilling to budge...because he was....the same guy who owned the team.

Sure the Marlins lost money...but the owner made tons of it.

It's this kind of shady financial dealing, and the fact that the owners will not allow outside inspection of their financials, all the while claiming they are losing money, and knocking down the game itself while shifting the blame to "greedy" players that is ruining baseball.

But I don't really have an opinion ;-)

Bill
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread