+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: FORT Football Fantasy League

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Not cool hazyshadeof, not cool. Thats why the Yanks are leading your Sox!

Fade to black
    Oh the Sox are soooooo not mine, I was forced against my will to use this avatar. There's a gun to my head, can't you see it?

(Huge Yankees fan here)
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Cash, the system will do an auto-draft for us. Players are ranked by the system in each position currently, based on last year's performance. If you wish to re-rank them, you can (and I recommend it, especially for key positions). As long as you've got your rankings selected before the draft date, you're all set. The system will pick your highest-ranked player that remains when it's your turn.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Oooh, an auto draft? Okay I'll think about it, but I don't want to take a spot from someone who is gungho about it.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    Hmm, a competition with prizes. I may have to rethink

Is this something that will require weekly monitoring? It seems like all the friends I know that do this always have their weekend dictated for them by having to call in a lineup....
    To be effective, you'll want to pay attention to your lineup every week. But you can be competitive even by reserving just a few minutes a week to set your lineup. Once you get started, you'll probably want to spend more time examining trade possibilities or free agent pickups to improve your team, but you can seriously do quite well just setting aside a few minutes on Thursday or Friday to make sure none of your guys' heads fell off in the previous game.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

You can be competitive just by benching your players who are on "bye weeks", without too much other trouble. Of course, you might find you really like to get into it.

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hazyshadeof
    Oh the Sox are soooooo not mine, I was forced against my will to use this avatar. There's a gun to my head, can't you see it?

(Huge Yankees fan here)
    Then whats with the "Yankees suck ha ha ha"

He lost a bet.

On topic here, I'd also like to set at ease the minds of people who haven't played before. Honestly, you can devote as little or as much time to it as you'd like. The girl who won one of my leagues last year never put in a lineup, never made a trade, never even checked her team. That was a fluke, but it CAN happen. It's just more fun to become involved.

Yeah, I'm gonna become involved by picking guys whose names I like, Amanda.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Greenie, I am both shocked and appalled. Names? That's ridiculous. A travesty, really.

I mean, my God. You could be picking based on how good looking they are.

(Okay, mea culpa. I've picked based on names before. Ha. I can't help it. Shannon Sharpe is just an awesome name. Very soap opera-esque. Sterling Sharpe was no slouch in the name dept, either.)

+ Reply to Thread