+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kobe Bryant will be charged

Kobe Bryant will be charged

One count, felony sexual assault.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

crazy.
    ~M o s a i K~

Unfortunate all the way around, in my opinion. Even if he's found not guilty of assault, he's morally guilty of adultery.

The complete statements released on the behalf of Kobe Bryant and his wife, Vanessa Bryant, through their attorneys, Harold A. Haddon and Pamela Robillard Mackey:

Statement from Kobe Bryant:
    "I am innocent of the charges filed today. I did not assault the woman who is accusing me.

"I made the mistake of adultery. I have to answer to my wife and my God for my actions that night and I pray that both will forgive me.

"Nothing that happened June 30th was against the will of the woman who now falsely accuses me.

"These false allegations have hurt my family. I will fight against these allegations with all my strength. My wife is the strongest person I know. She is willing to stand by me despite my mistake. That means everything to me.

"I have so much to live for. And by that I do not mean the contracts, or the money, or the fame. I mean my family. I will fight for them.

"I appreciate all those who have supported me. Thank you for believing in me. My family and I are going to need your support and prayers now more than ever."

Statement from Vanessa Bryant:
    "I know that my husband has made a mistake -- the mistake of adultery. He and I will have to deal with that within our marriage, and we will do so. He is not a criminal.

"I know that he did not commit a crime, he did not assault anyone. He is a loving and kind husband and father. I believe in his innocence.

"Because I know him to be innocent, I will stand by him and we will face this together. I will give him all the strength and support he needs to face these false accusations. I will not let him face these accusations alone.

"I know Kobe better than anyone. The great person you see on the court and in the public is a far greater person off the court."

The guy's probably commited adultery a million times and now got caught. Sexual assault??? Ya- my a$$. She's just a bunny looking to make some easy ca$h! I'm sure he didn't handcuff her, pick her up from the front desk of the hotel and force her up to his room little slut!! Give me a break! I hope he's found innocent on sexual assault charges and I he better be careful cuz it'll be his wife to take him to the cleaners.

Actually, evalaruefan, according to reports here in Colorado, the alleged victim is an employee of the hotel and had delivered a room service order. Fellow employees became worried after she hadn't returned for some time. Although they haven't released her name, it's fairly common knowledge in Eagle (where the alleged incident occurred) who she is. People in Eagle who have been interviewed have said they were 100% behind Kobe and believed him innocent until they found out who the accuser was and now they don't know what to think because they just can't picture this particular girl lying or trying get attention in this way. Others have given interviews saying the girl is less innocent than she appears. I think it's only fair to wait and hear the facts in the case than label her a slut and assuming she's out for some cash. Her family hasn't spoken to the press and in fact, did not even consult an attorney until well after the story broke and both parties were tested at a local hospital.

Hmmm doesn't help any that hotel employees have reportedly seen them flirting in the lobby prior to the alleged incident.

I agree with GG though... remains to be seen... hard to rely on the media for anything these days.
    ~M o s a i K~

ok people, we cannot make the assumption that well known people in society can't do anything wrong because we all know that is completely untrue! since well known people always behave that they will get the benefit of the doubt from the public they will come to us with their silly excuses and rely on their fans to feel sorry for them. However, wasn't this the same Kobe that said he never did anything to this woman and was always committed to his wife and felt that the authorities would clear him soon? and now he is saying it was adultery, he should have said this from the start for me to win my support but for now I doubt his story very much. I am not saying he is guilty because there is more to this story that is not being told for legal reasons. However, I am asking you guys not to get too carried away with Kobe saying he is innocent because we have to get the entire story in order to justify who we believe is telling the truth and who is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre1980
    ok people, we cannot make the assumption that well known people in society can't do anything wrong because we all know that is completely untrue! since well known people always behave that they will get the benefit of the doubt from the public they will come to us with their silly excuses and rely on their fans to feel sorry for them. However, wasn't this the same Kobe that said he never did anything to this woman and was always committed to his wife and felt that the authorities would clear him soon? and now he is saying it was adultery, he should have said this from the start for me to win my support but for now I doubt his story very much. I am not saying he is guilty because there is more to this story that is not being told for legal reasons. However, I am asking you guys not to get too carried away with Kobe saying he is innocent because we have to get the entire story in order to justify who we believe is telling the truth and who is not.

Last time I checked, Its still INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty. Too much info gets leaked to the press and there is a rush to judgement. Lets leave that to the courts, shall we?
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

I guess I didn't see anyone touting Kobe's innocence - hard to do, since he's admitted that he's an adulterer at the very least. Time will tell, though as another poster has said, our justice system is based on the tenet of "innocent until proven guilty by a court of law".

Quote Originally Posted by Andre1980

Actually, it seems so far the only side leaking anything is Kobe's legal and PR machine. That seems pretty suspicious to me, as the girl is not going public and is not filing civil suits or asking for money.

It's hard to say what will happen, or who is right, but one thing is certain, the girl and her reputation will be completely destroyed. That is too bad, especially if she really was raped.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast