+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame Rocks

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    The BCS needs to be abolished and some sort of playoff system investigated.

I can site several instances in the past few years where teams have really gotten the shaft because of the way the BCS is set up. There are lots of people getting screwed if that makes you feel any better Birks.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I agree with BF, the BCS is bogus.

As for ND getting screwed in the coaches' poll, well, we know I'm biased, but I think it's about time that they got the short end of the stick for a change. There have been many years where they were mediocre at best but continued to be ranked in the top 20.

And yes, they did whup up on Florida State (another school I'm not crazy about, BTW ), but I wouldn't get too excited about that. After all, FSU did lose to Louisville; who lost to Colorado State.

Oh look, I brought the conversation around to a school I DO like!

All kidding aside, ND's got a terrific coach, and it is impressive to look at how he's got them improving each and every week.

That said, Go USC!!!!

Birks31
    Yeah, Wayner. The USC ND game should be a good one. Sorry if I seem a bit overzealous. Notre Dame has been in the shitter for the past 6 years under Bob Davie, the bum who came in after Lou Holtz

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    You aren't overzealous at all! Now, me and the SJ Sharks - THAT'S overzealous!

You're right - Davie just couldn't get it done. I think with TW, ND is in great shape for years to come!

Willingham is a perfect college coach, in my opinion. He's dignified, organized, and quietly intense. He seems to bring out the best in the young men on his team because they are inspired by him as a coach and as a role model. In addition, nobody wants to be the one to let Tyrone down. I thought he'd do quite well at Notre Dame, but I didn't expect such immediate success. Like I said, I wish him well. I just wish he'd left Stanford before recruiting season so Buddy Teevens could've had a legitimate shot to get some good players.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Just fyi...I moved some of the off topic posts in this ND thread to another one called "Talk about NCAA football"
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Well, I'm not a ND fan -- and I do really like Boston College -- especially after the miracle pass in '84 against Miami. Which, btw....Gerald Phelan never gets remembered for his part in the Flutie pass. And how can anyone forget those gorgeous green eyes ? ::sigh:: I digress.

Anyway.....Birks I did think of you as I watched this game. I'm sorry your team lost, I know how devastating one loss in college is.

I do have to say that this game had the WORST case of officiating that I have ever seen in my life! Fortunately, they made crappy calls on both sides of the ball, but these guys should be fired or required to have their eyesight checked.

- ND scores a TD but the refs don't call it
    - The refs call a pass complete that keeps a ND drive alive (when it so obviously skipped on the ground first
    - The refs take the ball away from BC after they recover a fumble on the kickoff !

I hate bad officiating. I give them some slack because they are seeing this in real time, unlike me...but these calls were just ridiculous!

There has been a lot of bad officiating in college this year. USC won a game with Cal in which they were clearly gifted a touchdown that should not have happened.

The Pac10 actually admitted the following week that the call was bad, and cost Cal the game.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Has the NCAA ever thought about instant replay? I don't remember hearing anything, but wouldn't be a bad idea to perhaps investigate!

I think in Basketball of all things they have authorized the officials to go look at the monitors courtside of buzzer beating shots, but that's it.

I think they are afraid of it, because outside of the BCS conferences, the schools aren't always on TV and thus have the equipment to do it.

By the way, my favorite line about the BCS is: BCS has one to many C's in it.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast