+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame Rocks

Birks31

Notre Dame #3 in the BCS polls

Miami and Oklahoma arte Nos. 1 &2 , but there is still a lot of ball to be played. If Notre Dame wins out, I think their strength of schedule and commercial appeal will land them in the Fiesta Bowl with a shot at their 12th National Championship. Anything can happen and usually does.

Who's left on ND's schedule? Is it realistic to think they could win out? They've had some tight games against some inferior competition. The Stanford game was even close for a while. Final score was pretty unsightly, though.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Birks31

Odds are against it

Every year there are 7 or 8 teams undefeated in October. Only One or two usually end the year undefeated.

Notre Dame has a tough slate with Fla State, USC and Boston College. Navy and Rutgers should be easy wins.

My gut tells me ND will Finish with two losses and that the Championship game will feature Miami and Oklahoma.

I'd be in favor of a rule that states a school must graduate 75% of its Football players in order to play in the BCS games. Then it would be Notre Dame, Stanford, Northwestern, Duke & Vanderbilt vying for the national championship. The rest of those schools are just the minor league farm teams of the NFL. Tennessee graduated 8% of its past senior crop of football players and 0% of its black players. That is criminal in my opinion.

That is criminal in my opinion.
    I whole-heartedly agree!

The Stanford basketball program under Mike Montgomery graduated 100% of its players until last year when Casey Jacobsen and Curtis Borchardt left early, and I think they even went back to summer school so they may actually have wrapped up their degrees. Not sure.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Birks31

Great little Football Story

Every so often, people can be really good to each other.
    Worth the read.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/2002/.../24/LStop2.htm

FORT Newbie

seminole

FSU is going to eat your lunch and send you home crying to your mama

Birks31

Well Well Well

The media experts said we are overated. They said we were lucky. They said our record was all smoke and mirrors.

The Irish just applied an old fashioned Ass kickin to FSU in Tallahassee where they had been 54-2 over the past decade.

Are the Irish Overated now?
    The ESPN and media experts can all kiss my happy Irish Ass!

Go ND.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    And I have to give a congratulatory post out to ND.

Like Wayner, you can put me in the non Irish fan category, but the win today was impressive. I appreciate a good team/game just as much as the next person
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Birks31

FSU humbled in Tallahasee

All week their fans were smack talking about FSU by 3 TD's.
    Now they know that when ND has a good coach, their capable of beating anyone anywhere.

Birks31
    Notre Dame is getting screwed in the coaches poll. All the computers have them ranked #1, 2 or 3 and the coaches leave them stuck at six.

Miami plays Florida State in Miami and needs a missed field goal as time runs out to sneak off with a win, and everyone talks about how wonderful the Canes are, how they could beat the Cincinatti Bengals. The following week, The Irish go into Tallahassee to take on that same FSU team that had two weeks to prepare, and we simply kicked their ass. FSU did not hold a lead once in the game, and trailed by 24 with 2 minutes left. FSU barely EVER loses at home, let alone gets kicked to the curb. If Miami had beaten them like that in Tallahasee, the media would be saying the Canes need a superbowl shot.

There is no denying a real anti-ND bias in the coaches and media. The only teams that might have a shot against ND are Oklahoma and Miami. The sports media and those southern cracker coaches will do everything they can to make sure ND has no part of the BCS National Championship game.

Lucky for us the Networks know good and well that ND outdraws anyone when they are winning, period.

People get on us about being arrogant fans, but they don't have to put up with the anti-catholic bilge that gets printed in those southern papers.

The hatred is always there, it just comes out more when Notre Dame is winning. I just hope we don't get totally screwed like we did in '93 when 11-1 FSU gets the National Championship over 11-1 Notre Dame who beat FSU head to head.

People try to justify that hose job, but just 3 years earlier both Notre Dame and Miami finished 11-1 and Miami got the National championship due to their head to head win over ND. That was fair. Doing a complete 180 degrees on criteria in 93 in order to hose Notre Dame was not fair.

Oh well, in the end, we are still Notre Dame and Fla State & Miami are something less. Rant over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast