+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NFL Discussion

I think autopick would be way, way easier. Live drafts are tough enough to figure out logistically even when you have all the participants in the same city.

I've done both head-to-head and points leagues. I like both, so I'm all good with either. If I had to choose one, I'd go with head to head.

Are we going to have both a pick 'em and a fantasy league? If so, I'm in for both (unless that's being too greedy, in which case I'd prefer straight fantasy).

Fade to black
    I like head to head. Makes weekly matchups more important.

I'm for both too. If I had to choose just one though it'd be like Amanda - straight fantasy. (is there such a thing as a straight fantasy?)

This should be fun.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

The private leagues can accomodate 20 teams on Yahoo. Is Yahoo an acceptable place to hold a league, or do people prefer something like CBS Sportsline?

(I always do mine at Yahoo, so it's where I'm all signed up, but again, I'm flexible)

Fade to black
    I've always used Yahoo as well. It's pretty easy to understand I think (and free!)

20 teams would thin the talent out quite a bit though, no?
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

I like Yahoo's fantasy setup.

And thin talent is what makes it interesting. Usually when I do my baseball money league, we have 12 teams, and we'll only use NL players. Having a bunch of all-star teams is boring, IMO.

Fade to black
    oh I agree - but a lot of novice fantasy players won't know who the best #4 receiver in the league is - the fewer teams levels the field a little more I think.

I'm up for whatever though.

I'll start a league open to 20 teams, and that way, anyone who wants to join in can, but if we end up with only 8 or 13 or whatever, that will be fine too.

I don't think we'll get 20 people interested, personally.

Oh my. What the heck are you all talking about? I'm way in over my head. This'll be much fun.
    Who shot who in the what now?

"live draft" means you have to be there, on-line, to pick your players. Autopick means you rank your favorites in each position, as many as you want, and then the computer picks for you based on your rankings and what's available.

Head-to-Head = you actually compete against another player's team each week. If you get more points than them, you win and they lose. The top 4 or 8 teams compete in a "playoff" during the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season. "Points", you just play for points, not against anyone else.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Can we still do the weekly game picks?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast