+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NFL Discussion

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    We did an NCAA tourney and that was really fun.

I've been trying to find a fantasy type thing for us to participate in. If anyone has ideas, now is the time to share as ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL? is right around the corner!

Go :chef
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Couch may be cuter (in your opinion), but Holcomb is the better player.

Go Browns!!!
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    We did an NCAA tourney and that was really fun.

I've been trying to find a fantasy type thing for us to participate in. If anyone has ideas, now is the time to share as ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL? is right around the corner!

Go :chef
    I've always used the Yahoo leagues. I've been commissioner of a few baseball leagues, and it's super-easy to set up. They keep the stats for you, and have enough options that you can customize it fairly well. The only drawback would be that (assuming there's enough interest in the idea) each league has a max of like 12 (not entirely sure of the number) players. But who knows - maybe we'll have trouble even coming up with a minimum number.

Incidentally, I use the yahoo setup for my money leagues as well. It always seemed fairer (ha! I make up words!) to let some computer program keep track of stats than to allow someone with a vested interest in winning do them.

Hey I'd join Amanda. Even though I wouldn't have any idea what I was doing. I do watch football though and I do understand the game.

You all can take advantage of me.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Fade to black
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    You all can take advantage of me.
    We already do. Especially John - you are writing the recaps for Who Wants to Marry My Dad aren't you?

You'd probably win the damn league greenie
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

There's not much to know, really. Since we're all spread out, it's not like we'd be able to do a "real" draft. My assumption is that once we had everyone signed up, we'd just assign the computer to randomly assign a draft order. Yahoo ranks players before the season starts, and then, based on draft order, gives you a team. After the teams are locked, everyone is free to do trades and whatnot, but you don't have to do that if you don't want to. You're also able to pick up and drop players (for example, if one of your team members is injured), but again, it's not a requirement.

Trust me, it's easy as can be. Much easier than a "real" league. I've gone to drafts where it's me and a bunch of rabid boys, sitting around with draft reports and making it all very official. I've actually picked players based on how much I like their names, or how cute they are. I may be tomboyish in some ways, but I'm still a chick. And the funny thing is that I've won a lot of my leagues. The guys were NOT happy about that.

I'm sorry, Amanda, are you speaking English in that first paragraph? Oh this will be fun . . .

And hazy, you know you can't wait to take advantage of me.

gf

Don't worry, if this thing materializes, I've got your back. I need to suck up to you for when I move to Boston and need someone to show me around.

Aww no suck upage (who's making up the words now huh? ) needed. Although I do take cash, personal checks, MasterCard, Visa, no American Express sadly, and bank account numbers.

If I give you my account number, will you put some money in? It's a little bit...um...thin right about now. (Mainly because I'm too lazy to go to the bank. Why oh why didn't I get direct deposit? )

On-topic: does anyone else think they'd be interested in this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast