+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jr. Three for Three at Daytona

Jr. Three for Three at Daytona

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- The question: Could anyone beat Dale Earnhardt Jr. at Daytona International Speedway? The answer: Not tonight.

Earnhardt Jr. is now three for three this year in the Busch Series. Michael Waltrip finished second and Jamie McMurray pulled in third.

I got to see most of that race while at work tonight. I didn't realise that Jr. didn't even have a sponsor for that car till they said something about it. I am surprised that they didn't get a one-shot deal from some company or just went and put DEI on the hood. A good one would have been "this space for rent"
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Earnhardt Wins (from ThatsRacing.com)

Earnhardt Jr. leads every lap
    on way to Friday Busch win
    Pole winner takes 2 tires to stay out front
    By JIM UTTER
    ThatsRacin.com Writer

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Easy money.
    Dale Earnhardt Jr. never gave another driver another chance in Friday night's Winn-Dixie 250, leading all 100 laps en route to a dominating victory from the pole at Daytona International Speedway.

Earnhardt Jr. completed a sweep, winning all three restrictor-plate races in the NASCAR Busch Series this season. He also won the season opener at Daytona and the April race at Talladega, Ala.

"We had a real strong car. These guys at Chance 2 Motorsports are real young and energetic. They're going places," he said.

"We stayed up front all night and I didn't think that was possible."

Earnhardt Jr. held off Michael Waltrip, his teammate at Dale Earnhardt Inc. in the Winston Cup series, by 0.161 seconds for the win. It's also his third consecutive Busch win at Daytona.

Earnhardt Jr. and Waltrip were among several drivers who elected to take only two tires on their lone pit stop on Lap 44.

"We've won two races at these restrictor-plate tracks by making a two-tire stops and we weren't even leading at the time at those," Earnhardt Jr. said.

"Today just about everyone else took four. We just wanted to try to start up front and stay up front and thought that was the best way to do it."

Only in the closing laps did Waltrip able to make any serious challenges to Earnhardt Jr., but he never was able to even pull alongside.

"Dale Junior led every lap - you got give those guys credit," Waltrip said. "Our cars were pretty equal and you have to be careful when you play the game of trying to roll off the gas to get a run because everyone is kind of on their own agenda.

"As I was trying to play the game a little bit, I saw the other guys taking runs at me. So, I had to try to not jeopardize my position."

Jamie McMurray finished third, Ron Hornaday fourth and Johnny Sauter fifth. Scott Riggs took over the series points lead following his sixth-place finish. He leads David Green by two points.

The race was slowed three times by caution for 13 laps.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread