+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Baseball All Star Game

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Baseball All Star Game

I'm not fond of the fact that the all star game determines home field in the World Series. That just doesn't seem right.

So basically, someone from the BREWERS or the EXPOS could have a good night and determine the home field? Not right.

FORT Newbie
    Yeah that's one of the stupidest ideas Selig has come out with yet.

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    Its a very bad Ideal, I dont think it will change how the players play a bit. This is mostly for Selig to save face, boost rateings and fool the public. If they want to make the players play better then why dont they give them an extra day off. As it stands right now 3 days are given off with games starting on Thursday which makes for some odd series. If they started back on Friday it would make the schedule better. Plus players at the game wont need to rush out in the 5th inning on Tuesday just so they can try and have 1 day off.

Daphne
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    I'm not fond of the fact that the all star game determines home field in the World Series. That just doesn't seem right.

So basically, someone from the BREWERS or the EXPOS could have a good night and determine the home field? Not right.

Montreal does not have that bad a team this year. The Mets on the other hand...

So, getting off how much the home field advantage thing sucks for just a sec, I'm going to this game. Anyone else from here going to be there? I'll buy you a beer. Or pop. Whichever.

Oh, or *soda*. I will NEVER get used to saying that.

Hey, I'll come aj if you're buying!
    Who shot who in the what now?

Hmmm...we *do* have an extra ticket

I think the All Star game deciding home field advantage in the WS is a great idea. Beats the heck out of alternating every other year or flipping a coin. We might even see a real game as opposed to the photo ops of years past.

+ Reply to Thread