+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The NHL, October 18-24, 2002

Hey Birks, I love having people to talk to about hockey. Mr Ducky gets tired of me really quick, that dumb jerk.

Maybe Chelios isn't a bad guy to you, but like I said, he's a "Captain of Team USA Red Wing" so thats like, every point possible against him. Though, if I were to meet him, I probably wouln't call him a stupid fucker to his face.

I don't know much about Granato and Olzcyk, maybe you could tell me more?

Gretzky and Kurri, you make wise choices boy, as they were/are both Oilers.

I don't judge players by their looks!! I can judge when a player is cute, and I can judge when a player is good (unless they're blindingly ugly like Mike Ricci). Sometimes they happen to be both, like Peter Forsberg and Joe Sakic. Patrick, well, I wouldn't say he's at the top of my list looks-wise, but he's really a good goalie. *Ducky tries to think of a good ugly player* Um... OK, I cant right now, other than Patrick Roy.

Keep posting! We love different perspectives.

Birks31

I take it you are Canadian?

You must have loved that Olympics, Huh? My wife has always loved hockey players, too. We met at a Hockey Party in College.
    She is in deep lust with Brendan Shanahan of the Redwings. I have to admit, he is a pretty good looking Guy.

In terms of talent, Joe Sakic is just amazing, as is Forsberg. Most People don't understand how difficult hockey is to play at the pro level, so they just don't understand how friggin talented Sakic and Forsberg are. I was in High School during Gretzky's best years. I have video tapes of him and I still study his moves. I play in a pick u[p league with some guys who were awesome college players at North Dakota, Princeton, Wisconsin and Notre Dame(my alma mater). Even in our mid thirties, we still have a passion for the game in a lonely rink in the middle of the night. Its still just as much fun as when I was a Pee Wee leaguer. And the chicks always liked the hockey players best.

I went to Arby's with Brendan Shanahan years ago. He's good friends with my sister's boyfriend's family.

Nice guy... that was before he became huge though.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Mark the date guys.

October 21. The day the Leafs have been eliminated from the 2002-2003 playoffs.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.

*Ducky seethes with non-eating-wth-Shanahan jealousy*

That's so cool Miss F. The closest I've gotten to a hockey player is when I got rear-ended by someone with a Leafs license plate.

Yep, I'm Canadian, and the Olympics were great. Own the Gold Rush video because I'm geeky like that. When Shanahan doesn't have the murderer goatee, he's much more attractive.

Chicks like hockey players best cause they've got stamina, and hand/eye coordination. So, what does that say about chick hockey players? (Something I am not... I tried to play but the fact I can't skate very well put and end to that quickly)

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Hi Birk! Yes someone has to keep us on hockey talk.Join in. we can't promise we won't disolve into a Forsberg rocks pile of goo now and then, but we usually have hockey somewhere in there.Wayner just joined us in hockey talk too. He's pretty good for a sharkie , besides he lives in Avalanche territory. "

Miss F and I ( Fluff Too)are the constantly deluded Leafs fans, but its a product of our upbringing.Not Fluff - shes near TO and a Brit.
    I stopped watching NHL on the fly tonight when the Leafs were going down the tubes.I was strangely attracted to the Bruins - throwback to my teen years.

Miss F knew Shanahan and never told Ducky and Eny Hmmm. We'll get over it ...

I thought I told my Shanahan story. It was back when he played on the London Knights with my BIL's cousin, who is now a hockey player in Europe. They're good friends.

Anyhoo.... Shanahan wasn't a bigtime player just yet and everyone talked about one day he'd be in the NHL, but you don't really care at that point. He was nice, but just another guy at the time, ya know? Wish I remembered what he ate.

I also worked at a private golf course and we always had golf tournaments. I've met Pat Verbeek, (who cares) John Daly, Tie Domi, Darren McCarthy, etc, etc.

Tie is a crazy nice guy. Unbelievable how nice he is to fans.

God, eny, I'm drawn to the Bruins too, I think it's Thornton though. :slobber

I heard Tie is really nice to fans, it just seems like such a different... person to who he is on the ice.

Miss F, I would totally be bragging about that. "I ate fast food with Brendan Shanahan once a bunch of years ago. He ordered SEVENTEEN BURGERS!!" or something, even if he didn't order seventeen. Or you could say he ordered seventeen burgers and gave them to the homeless and/or stray dogs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12