+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real Football AKA Soccer

eny
    FORT Fogey

Real Football AKA Soccer

The official who was responsible for getting Italy dumped from the World Cup is being investigated for unsuitable officiating. He is currently under suspension for several other offences.The Italians have insisted that the case of the disputed goal that would have at least given them a tie be reopened.
    ........If you are going to pick on a country to be stupid with, don't pick Italy - duhhh. They eat sleep and breath football.

Well, there was some very dodgy officiating in that match so I'm not at all surprised the Italian FA have lodged a complaint.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Portugese FA complained too as they fell victim to a few questionable decisions too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Woohoo, another win for Liverpool today.
    Yes, they should beat West Brom, but it is always nice to have those three points.
    "That's Numberwang!"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Yay Liverpool ! I have to cheer for them by default .

Do you do the football pools? I used to but gave it up as I was totally guessing and won nothing.They always addressed my mail as Mr. because they probably couldn't fathom a lady in Canada doing the pool.

A plane was about to crash and there were 5 people on board and only 4 parachutes.

The first person said. " I am Roy Keane, one of the best footballers in Ireland. I am worth a lot of money and my fans need me so I think I should be saved." The others agreed and gave him one of the parachutes and off he went.

The second person said "I am Gerry Adams, a radical Irish politician who can really help my country and I think I should be saved." The others said." o.k." and gave him a parachute.

The third person said "I am David Beckham, captain of the English National squad. I have a wife and 2 sons. Everyone knows I am a really nice guy and everyone thinks I am stupid,but I'm not, so I am taking a parachute." and off he went.

There were two folk left, the Pope and a 10 year old schoolgirl. The Pope said, "child I am old and frail and have lived my life while you are young with everything before you." " You take the parachute and I will stay with the aircraft and take my chance"

"It's o.k.." said the girl, "there are still two parachutes. David Beckham picked up my schoolbag."

Brilliant
    "That's Numberwang!"

I honestly do not follow any kind of sports, but had to say....Man the legs on those soccer players really rock! And the yummy hineys....whew! mmmmmmmm!
    :slobber
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar

Soccer anyone?

hmm.. i see alot of NFl.. But anyone into soccer here? English Premier League, Spanish La Liga, Serie A?

wel.. just looking for people whos just interested..

I love soccer, and watch it occasionally, but don't know any of the teams or players etc!
    I just think it is an awesome sport, and love watching it being played well.
    I'll talk about it if you want... you just may wind up with a bunch of "...Wow, that sounds cool, too bad I missed it"
    I will post when I catch something though

For the record, my daughter was the highest scorer on her team for both the spriing and fall seasons this year
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Unexplained, just in case you missed it, we do have a thread for soccer...It's called "Real Football AKA Soccer" in here somewhere. Those pesky europeans insist on calling it football, for some odd reason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast