+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon

I've been watching the World Cup games almost religiously, but I decided to take a short break to watch this epic match. It's absolutely nuts! I feel sorry for both Isner and Mahut, but whoever ends up winning, I think that they'll both end up feeling rewarded. For one thing, they'll be in the history books. Also, they'll be able to take a much needed break after it all ends (whenever that will be).

I didn't know I got ESPN-U either, but I guess it's part of my subscription.

They're approaching 9 o clock over in London, which is around the time they ended the game last time. I'm guessing that they're gonna do the same today.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

59-58, on serve. Hi CrossingGuard, isn't this awesome! And I almost didn't turn on the coverage today because Rafa wasn't playing.

Match point, Isner!

Nope, deuce.

59-all

They're going to call it. Should we all meet back here tomorrow? Florimel, CG?
    Last edited by chrisg; 06-23-2010 at 04:09 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Sounds good to me, chrisg. I'll be here. I kind of think it won't last too long tomorrow because I don't think their bodies can recover enough. I guess they'll have to postpone the next match that was supposed to be played tomorrow by the winner.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Isner was also supposed to have played a doubles match tonight. Yikes! What an insane match. So, if he wins tomorrow the schedule is that he would also play the second round match plus his doubles match. I don't THINK so!

I could only follow this one online, but what insane excitement. What a day to be at home, Chris.... WorldCup, this match, a major thunderstorm, and an earthquake that was felt in Detroit. I had fun today.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3947823;
    Isner was also supposed to have played a doubles match tonight. Yikes! What an insane match. So, if he wins tomorrow the schedule is that he would also play the second round match plus his doubles match. I don't THINK so!
    I could only follow this one online, but what insane excitement. What a day to be at home, Chris.... WorldCup, this match, a major thunderstorm, and an earthquake that was felt in Detroit. I had fun today.
    No way they could ask him to do that. Honestly, I'd be surprised if whoever wins this match will get past the next one. There's too much to recover from both mentally and physically even if they do get a rest day.

I just love working from home.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

That was/is insane. I tried to catch it at lunch but given the large number of German soccer fans there was no way I was getting a tv on the tennis.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I don't know how they're even going to drag themselves out of bed tomorrow. Isner clearly wanted to keep on playing tonight, but they wouldn't have been able to get in more than a couple more games anyway before dark. The Queen is attending tomorrow afternoon for the first time in thirty-something years. I think they should let those guys finish their match on Center Court--it's the least they can do for them!
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3947934;
    I think they should let those guys finish their match on Center Court--it's the least they can do for them!
    But it might go another 10 hours! lol! I think that would be spectacular. Regardless of who wins, it is in the record books! Everyone is talking about it... people who don't even watch tennis....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3947713;
    59-58, on serve. Hi CrossingGuard, isn't this awesome! And I almost didn't turn on the coverage today because Rafa wasn't playing.

Match point, Isner!

Nope, deuce.

59-all

They're going to call it. Should we all meet back here tomorrow? Florimel, CG?
    Hello! I'll try to be here tomorrow, but I currently don't have a computer (it got hit with a virus ). My Blackberry is keeping me sane. But because I'm just on the phone, my post count will probably be minimal.

I agree about going to Center Court. These two totally deserve it.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

In 2004, there was a match that lasted 6.5 hrs (at the French Open). Just this set has been longer than that.

When I realized that those two guys played 3 hrs yesterday and 7 hrs today, I was amazed that they were still standing. Twitter was all abuzz...good thing the US didn't play their WorldCup match this afternoon ;-)

+ Reply to Thread