+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon

I'd have enjoyed it far more if I hadn't wanted one person to win so much.
    Fantastic match, but nail-biting when you're cheering for one person rather than simply enjoying a great game.
    I can never, ever be neutral while watching a sporting event.
    Luckily the perosn I wanted to win did win, so I'm very, very happy
    "That's Numberwang!"

That was an incredible match. I am ecstatic that Nadal won. Truly the best of the best. Wow.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

WHAT A MATCH!!!! Loved seeing Nadal win, still was sad for Federer. Great sportsmanship!

Fantastic match. It is one that will be remembered. I'd have been happy with either one winning, but I think Nadal's win is good for tennis. It helps to establish the next great rivalry on all surfaces.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

I had been telling my brother-in-law for 2 weeks that if Nadal won it all, he'd be able to hear me screaming with glee from where they live 7 miles away. I never actually thought that when the moment came, I WOULD really be screaming and giggling with glee. I went from going nuts screaming and clapping to getting rather teary eyed as I watched him hugging his family. Federer getting all frustrated and moping about the wind early in the match just added to the joy for me. THe guy wants to equate himself with Tiger Woods ... I didn't see Tiger getting frustrated and complaining about his knee during the US Open ... and that was an obstacle he faced that other competitors did not! Sit down Roger ... there's a new best in the game.

My cousins and I went to go to the movies during the match, so I only caught a few minutes of it. But from what I saw, it was a good match!

ETA: Did anyone catch the Womens' Wimbledon Final between the two Williams sisters? I'm afraid I missed that one also.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Well, happily enough, Federer IS still the best in the game and is retaining his #1 ranking. But this year has shown that the man is not infallible... and this is most likely the beginning of the passing of the torch.

Nadal is definitely incredible. His power behind the baseline is insane.. and some of the rallies these two put together were of an entirely different caliber that I'm envious of anyone that was at the match. WOW.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Great match. I'm glad the Federer came back to take take it to the 5 sets. Nadal deserved to win but Federer was amazing the way he kept winning points in the 3rd & 4th sets to take it to 5.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3110275;
    I had been telling my brother-in-law for 2 weeks that if Nadal won it all, he'd be able to hear me screaming with glee from where they live 7 miles away. I never actually thought that when the moment came, I WOULD really be screaming and giggling with glee. I went from going nuts screaming and clapping to getting rather teary eyed as I watched him hugging his family. Federer getting all frustrated and moping about the wind early in the match just added to the joy for me. THe guy wants to equate himself with Tiger Woods ... I didn't see Tiger getting frustrated and complaining about his knee during the US Open ... and that was an obstacle he faced that other competitors did not! Sit down Roger ... there's a new best in the game.
    Veruka, that was one fascinating golf tournament. Everyone could tell Tiger was hurt, but he never let on how badly until after it was over. I wouldn't find it hard to believe that he's from another planet. And Mediate's great play and pure enjoyment at being there was delightful. Golf is never boring for me and my kids.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I wasn't against Federer but I was cheering for Nadal....FANTASTIC tennis by both men. I was on the edge of my seat for most of the game. My S.O. and I were joking about how we had big plans to do some things outside today after tennis went off and then hours later..........

Federer has nothing to be ashamed of...damn good game. It was one of those "thrill of victory and agony of defeat" moments...the joy in Nadal's face and the disappointment in Federer's....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread