+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Wimbledon

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    It doesn't hurt that he looks great too. Anyway, I can't wait for the next major tennis tournament.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    It doesn't hurt that he looks great too. Anyway, I can't wait for the next major tennis tournament.
    I think Juan Carlos has the ability to do very well at the U.S. Open (and the Australian). He was raised on hard courts even though he grew up in clay country, so he certainly knows how to play on it. I would like to see Lleyton Hewitt do well again at the U.S., if only to show that he deserves the #1 ranking again. Then again, Roger Federer could either be a threat or, dare say, lose in the first round. He seems to have a penchant for shocking people all the time!
    What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. -Samuel Johnson

He shocked me well at the Wimbledon.

Anyway, the championship race has Roger Federer in first place. A close second is Juan Carlos Ferrero. The ranking is based on the tournaments they play and points these players accumulate.

Check out www.atptennis.com

Andy Roddick just won the Indianapolis RCA tournament. The runner-up is Paradorn Srichapan. Wonderful young men.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

He shocked me well at the Wimbledon.

Anyway, the championship race has Roger Federer in first place. A close second is Juan Carlos Ferrero. The ranking is based on the tournaments they play and points these players accumulate.

Check out www.atptennis.com

Andy Roddick just won the Indianapolis RCA tournament. The runner-up is Paradorn Srichapan. Wonderful young men.
    I like Andy Roddick well enough I guess... I just don't respect players as much when, without their huge serves, they wouldn't be anywhere near as good as they are... same with Pete Sampras. I don't know, I've just always much preferred the finesse players, who may have lacked power but used smarts and killer shots to win. If Sampras and Roddick are on, they've got some great shots beside their serves, but whenever their serves break down, their whole game usually goes.
    What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. -Samuel Johnson

There is just something mighty powerful about Roddick's serves.

Roddick lost at the Wimbledon '03's Semi-finals because Roger Federer break his serves. So, there's your example.

Anyway, it's nice to have a tennis maniac here too. Which player is your favourite?

Man, that's a tough question. Martina Hingis was far and away my favorite player, but unfortunately she's gone. I can't say I have a favorite player now, though I do like Clijsters, Henin-Hardenne (AWESOME backhand!), Coetzer, and the list goes on and on...

As far as the guys, I like Hewitt, Ferrero, Federer... how about you?

So far, I first got attracted to tennis because of that Spanish guy, Ferrero. He was superb in Roland Garros 2003.

I knew I was destined to be a fan of his and the game.

Anyway, I like Andre Agassi too.
    For the ladies, I do not have a favourite yet.

Martina Hingis is with Sergio Garcia, that golf player. I'm not sure where she is right now. Taking a break, I think.

I'm a newbie in tennis. I love the game!

So far, I first got attracted to tennis because of that Spanish guy, Ferrero. He was superb in Roland Garros 2003.

I knew I was destined to be a fan of his and the game.

Anyway, I like Andre Agassi too.
    For the ladies, I do not have a favourite yet.

Martina Hingis is with Sergio Garcia, that golf player. I'm not sure where she is right now. Taking a break, I think.

I'm a newbie in tennis. I love the game!
    Yeah, Martina was seen trotting around with Garcia for a while, though I haven't heard anything recently, so I'm assuming they're not together (but maybe they still are).

Martina isn't taking a break... she had to retire due to problems with her knee and ankle. She cannot play or train for extended periods without pain setting in, so she 'retired' from the tour but did leave herself open for a return should her physical problems somehow become alleviated. In the meantime, she's perfecting her English in Zurich and just trying to relax. Hopefully she'll be back someday.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Wimbledon

Is anyone watching the match between Federer and Nadal? They are freaking unbelievable! Going to the 5th set now.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Re: Wimbledon

I watched it bbnbama. It was a fantastic match.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread