+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Wimbledon

Originally posted by fluff
    Venus and Serena both won their semi-final matches today so will be in the final on Saturday

I like them both so it's a win/win for me.
    Another all-Williams final...*yawn*...

But, if it's going to be Serena vs. Venus, I'm definitely pulling for Serena! Something about Venus just bugs me...

Fluff, I'll be interested to know what the mood is like in England now that Tim Henman didn't make it out of the quarterfinals...

I love Mark Philippousis and like him way more than I ever liked that whiny bitch Pat Rafter.

*not a Pat Rafter fan*

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Iobeck, true. *yawn* Venus and Serena are both great players but I'd like to see more competition against them.

Tim lost.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Originally posted by lobeck
    Fluff, I'll be interested to know what the mood is like in England now that Tim Henman didn't make it out of the quarterfinals...
    Kinda miserable, although not as bad as it was when England were knocked out of the World cup and the European championships on penalty kicks (damn that still burns )

It;s been nearly 70 years since a Brit won Wimbledon.
    Tim has some finesse, but he's always likely to lose out to players wth more firepower.

Oh well, next year...
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Unexplained,
    Thanks for picking up the banner and doing a splendid job. Well done!

I haven't had the heart to post anything. Andre, my idol, was out before the Quarterfinals and then I kind of lost my enthusiasm. I really feel that this was his last chance. Well, except for the U.S. Open, but that's definitely it.

Who knew Philippousis was going to come back big time? He'd been out for so long with injuries.

Andy Roddick is cruising though. I have not seen the second men's semi-final but I hope I'm right when I'm picking him to win.

I also like Grosjean and hate to see him lose.

Oh well. It's still a great sport, but I would like to see the Williams Sisters defeated. I was rooting for Henin-Herdennes and Clijsters. Oh well!

Great link to Wimbledon:
    http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/index.html

FORT Fogey

One of these guys will be Wimbledon Champ on Sunday!

Philippoussis - Federer to play for Championship

I personally think that Federer is a fantastic all-around player and I hope he wins.

Originally posted by CaliGirl
    Unexplained,
    Thanks for picking up the banner and doing a splendid job. Well done!

I haven't had the heart to post anything. Andre, my idol, was out before the Quarterfinals and then I kind of lost my enthusiasm. I really feel that this was his last chance. Well, except for the U.S. Open, but that's definitely it.

Who knew Philippousis was going to come back big time? He'd been out for so long with injuries.

Andy Roddick is cruising though. I have not seen the second men's semi-final but I hope I'm right when I'm picking him to win.

I also like Grosjean and hate to see him lose.

Oh well. It's still a great sport, but I would like to see the Williams Sisters defeated. I was rooting for Henin-Herdennes and Clijsters. Oh well!

Great link to Wimbledon:
    http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/index.html
    Your welcome.

I'm suprised that Mark got this far.

I wanted a Belgian/American final but the William sisters dominated the matches.
    Last edited by unexplained; 07-05-2003 at 02:30 AM.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Serena clinched the finals.

Roger Federer beat Mark Philippousis in straight sets. 7-6, 6-2, 7-6.

FORT Fogey

The Wimbledon Champion 2003

Roger Federer became the first Swiss man to win a Grand Slam title on Sunday, beating Mark Philippoussis 7-6 (5), 6-2, 7-6 (3) in the Wimbledon final. The gifted Federer, who was never threatened on his serve, has a chance to win many more majors.

+ Reply to Thread