+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: US Open

US Open

Tom Watson, 53, just shot 65 to tie for the lead after round one.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Fade to black
    Yea, I love it. Used to root for him as a kid. I caught the last 4 holes and was all smiles when he sank the putt that hung on the edge for moments. The crowd reaction was nice.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar

Re: US Open

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Tom Watson, 53, just shot 65 to tie for the lead after round one.
    too bad he is a condescending a-hole... i used to like him a lot until i met him at a golf tournament here in orlando- has a huge holier the thou attitude- i'm freaking Tom Watson!! go back to the champions over the hill tour...

Fade to black
    Huh, that's weird - he was super nice when I met him at Augusta about 6 years ago. Wonder if it was a bad day (or vice versa).
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    maybe it was just a bad day, but i have met a couple of the old timers that have paved the way for the current generation- and they all have the same condescending, holier then thou attitude- hale irwin, curtis strange, tom weiskopf, and watson. Maybe they feel they missed out on the current HUGE paydays that golf has to offer... i dont know- but i dont think it's ironic either that those 4 that i have met were prix

Fade to black
    Watson was going through a tough period in his life - but I can understand your frustrations. For what it's worth I met Irwin and Strange as well, and they were asses, but Watson was great, that's why I was surprised (of course he had just had a good round too).

If you can find a copy of the Thursday USA Today, they have an article on Vijay Sighn.... it doesn't pull any punches and really shows an asshole. You would not believe what this guy does to his fans.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Vijay has really been going on a bad-mouthing spree lately, as his game has suffered. Dude, fix your game and shut up.

I really hate sports figures who feel the need to step on a pedestal and badmouth other players or their fans. Play your game, get your check, and go home. No one wants to hear your opinions.

Sadly, Watson didn't have a second day of magic to call upon, but a 2 over round at the Open is respectable. Jim Furyk is taking control.

Tiger is showing signs of waking up though, and if he is par or better going into the weekend, I think he will win.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

Tiger shoots 66, to get to -4.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast