+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Ex Patriot Aaron Hernandez suicide

Re: Ex Patriot Aaron Hernandez suicide

So in Mass since he killed himself it basically overturns his conviction and he dies a innocent man per Mass law smh
    Thanks to archaic legal principle, Aaron Hernandez died innocent in court's eyes - CBSSports.com
    psucashcow likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

It only overturns the recent conviction. He was already doing life for murder of someone else.

No, he as found innocent by a jury for the other two. The law says that if you die while under appeal, which the original life sentence is, it is as if he died before a conviction was found. In other words, as if the trial were still ongoing. So in the eyes of the law, he died an innocent man. It will make it harder to win a civil suit against his estate. I'm not actively following him, but you can't watch the news here without hearing all about it.
    psucashcow likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Right, I realized later it was the Odin conviction that would be overturned.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Now they're fighting over AH's brain to study for sport impact.
    Count your blessings!

I heard that the AH's family is looking into suing the Patriots for his remaining salary. I guess it is a possibility...his conviction is overturned. If he is not guilty as far the courts ruling, then I would think that his heirs would be eligible...probably his daughter most of all.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

The Grace of Salvador Furtado

Five days ago, Aaron Hernandez was found not guilty for the murder of two men in South Boston in 2012, but after the ex-NFL player’s suicide even the victims’ families are offering condolences.
    Hernandez was found hanged in his prison cell just after 3 a.m. Wednesday, prison officials said they believe it was a suicide.
    Safiro Furtado was one of the men killed in 2012, and his father’s attorney said he is not happy about Hernandez’s death.
    “He believes anybody shouldn't take anybody's life. And certainly believes that someone should not take their own life for the same reason,” attorney William Kennedy said about his client Salvatore Furtado.
    Despite what the Furtado family is going through, 60-year-old Salvatore said he knows the pain the Hernandez family is going through.
    “The Hernandez family is going through something similar. And they (the Furtado family)take no joy in what's happening to him(Hernandez) and more particularly to his family,” Salvatore said through a translator. “Life is a precious gift from God.”C90bA9RUIAEaFqx.jpgarticle-2641345-1E4795CB00000578-67_306x423.jpg
    Last edited by redsox girl; 04-20-2017 at 05:36 PM.
    woodiedog likes this.
    “Human beings can be awful cruel to one another.”
    ― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

I am sad that Aaron Hernandez committed suicide. I hate to think that he was in such a desperate state that he decided suicide was his only option. He supposedly had written John 3:16 on his forehead.
    One of my relatives does prison ministry where Hernandez was incarcerated. Hernandez attended services occasionally. We will never know how he felt or what he was thinking during those last hours. I have prayed for him, his victims, and all the families affected.
    Salvatore Furtaldo was spot on. Life is precious.
    JosephD and Eliza9999 like this.

I don't feel sorrow for him at all. He got to die on his terms unlike his victims. I don't want him to Rest In Peace! I want him to spin in hell!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

True grace: Odin Lloyd's mother forgives Aaron Hernandez for murdering her son
    e3b53041e933bf10730f6a70670089fc.jpg201504150930342331988.jpg
    "The day I laid my son Odin to rest, I felt my heart stop beating for a moment," Ursala Ward said, her voice catching. "I felt like I wanted to go into that hole with my son, Odin."
    "I forgive the hands of the people who had a hand in my son's murder, even before or after," she said.
    ["And I pray and hope," she continued, "that someday everyone out there will forgive them also."
    Ursula Ward, her eyes red, her mouth somehow in a satisfied smile, took a seat in a once vengeance-filled courtroom that was, courtesy of this simple, yet indomitable woman, now overcome with awe.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 04-21-2017 at 12:34 AM.
    momrek06 and woodiedog like this.
    “Human beings can be awful cruel to one another.”
    ― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast