• 2 Post By redsox girl
  • 1 Post By tapper01
  • 1 Post By tapper01
  • 1 Post By JLuvs

Thread: Baseball 2017: Pre-Season, Regular Season and Post Season

Baseball 2017: Pre-Season, Regular Season and Post Season

Spring Training has begun.
    dagwood, Brooks and momrek06 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Baseball 2017: Pre-Season, Regular Season and Post Season

If plans work out, we plan to visit three major league parks this year. Once we have done those, we will have visited a major league baseball park in all the current cities. We are NOT going back to cities that have built new parks, Even I have a limit. LOL.
    I'm Paula.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    If plans work out, we plan to visit three major league parks this year. Once we have done those, we will have visited a major league baseball park in all the current cities. We are NOT going back to cities that have built new parks, Even I have a limit. LOL.
    I don't lol Can I come with you?
    You can keep me in the trunk. Drill a few air holes and give me some water and cheez-nips. I'll be fine.
    Brooks, momrek06 and AZChristian like this.
    Andy:there are places in this world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside... that they can't get to, that they can't touch. That's yours.
    Red:What're you talking about?
    Andy:Hope.

522110265_6776e4beef_z.jpg2268356236_4aa2ca5dcd_z.jpgThis is a tad off topic-but not really. Okay, there is a place called Holman Stadium in NH. It used to be home to the Brooklyn Dodgers minor league team in the 1940's. When Branch Rickey signed Jackie Robinson, Roy Campemella and Don Newcombe to The Dodgers. He did so because Nashua N.H. was the only place in America that gladly accepted minority players. Jackie went to Montreal because he was triple AAA. But Newcomb and Campanella stayed in Nashua playing for The Nashua Dodgers double AA team. The color barrier was broken in a minor league park. Buzzy Bravasi was hired by Branch Rickey to find a home for Brooklynís new minor league level club. He chose a small town in New Hampshire, named Nashua. Bavasi was a key figure in helping baseball & the Dodgers break the color barrier in the 1940ís. At this time there were racial tensions after the signing of Jackie Robinson, & Don Newcombe & Roy Campanella in the Dodger farm system. After one game against the Lynn Red Sox, Bavasi challenged the whole team to fight in the parking lot after they had shouted insults to his black players.

Anyhow, there is a collegiate team that plays there-it's a beautiful park. Right out of the 1930's-brick walls and surrounded by towering pines.
    My Dads and I used to go to games when there was a minor league team there. But, we love baseball so much we went to see the Silver Knights college team often last year.
    I was able to save money and I bought us season tickets and our seats are right next to the home team dugout. Trust me, season tickets to a college baseball season are pretty cheap so I didn't have to break the bank-and so I'm looking forward to spending time there with my Dad.
    They have awesome fireworks there, too.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 02-22-2017 at 11:09 AM.
    momrek06 and AZChristian like this.
    Andy:there are places in this world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside... that they can't get to, that they can't touch. That's yours.

its really hard for me to be excited about Baseball this year with the death of Yordono Ventura

has anyone not heard of it? He was in a car wreck last month and instead of saving him, they looted him while he lay dying in the Dominican Republic. Where his family lives.

So needless and SO sad
    redsox girl likes this.

truly believe that he would have done great things this year ending in receiving the Cy Young Award
    redsox girl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    its really hard for me to be excited about Baseball this year with the death of Yordono Ventura
    I didn't see your post until just now. I heard Yourdon Ventura died, it hit me hard. The police are investigating. But, there are contradictory reports. Did you hear his grandfather speak? He said Yordonas world series ring is missing.
    Yordano Ventura said to have been robbed as he lay dying - NY Daily News

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    truly believe that he would have done great things this year ending in receiving the Cy Young Award
    He was certainly heading in that direction. I agree with you.

I've been at Camelback Ranch catching Dodgers games during Spring Break!

So much fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Arielflies likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread