Thread: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

Quote Originally Posted by secri View Post
    ...and with that, my respect for brad as a man just went down a couple of notches more. and to think i was just feeling protective of him in a recent post...provided that he could not not bring just emily to the final rose, he could have at least gone the "ali" way and let go of chantal (at least) without dragging her to the final ceremony. oh well
    I guess he could have just walked right up and TOLD MF what was going to happen and how it was going to happen.. Yeah rightttttttttttttt
    It has been said a billion times WHO calls the shots at sending people home and how. Geeezzz

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    She might be one of those women that think that is "love."

Hope not. She sure is pretty, but maybe not the brightest bulb. I guess women get blinded by looks just like men do. She's way too good for him.
    The only reason the dude is so after her is cause she's playing hard to get. Once she says ok lets get married he leave her high and dry in Austin.

FORT Regular

I believe Chantal was hurt over the "It wasn't even close" statements floating around the Internet. The emphasis on this is very odd. Brad repeatedly stated how comfortable he was around her, whereas with Emily, he was nervous. It was only physical attraction on Brad's part toward Emily, and that showed. Although to me, Chantal is clearly more attractive. Beautiful features, great skin, and more importantly, she's a lovely person.

I really would have been crushed to see Chantal in Emily's place last night. I'm still elated that she wasn't chosen and escaped that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by socalmd View Post
    Hope not. She sure is pretty, but maybe not the brightest bulb. I guess women get blinded by looks just like men do. She's way too good for him.
    The only reason the dude is so after her is cause she's playing hard to get. Once she says ok lets get married he leave her high and dry in Austin.
    Women are groomed by society to think that is love. It wouldn't surprise mine. How many women think they want that guy that won't let go? How many times do we see that romanticized? Shoot, on this board women swoon over over that behavior. So it really wouldn't surprise me if she thinks that is what love is.

They both need to spend some time apart and work on themselves and come back at this as whole people.

Quote Originally Posted by intheblind View Post
    It amazes me that EM or Brad are being chastized as they are. Em showed nothing different last nite in her insecurites that Ashley or Chantal do themselves on the show.. Do we all remember the hissy fits both showed because of the time he was spending with other women. One was SI date if I recall & the other was when Brad wanted to give Ashley a rose & decided to give it to someone else. She is not a wall flower & resented being held accounatble for that & being viewed as perfect. It was & is unrealistic. ALL THREE WOMEN SHOWED INSECURITY BECAUSE OF THE POSITION THEY WERE IN.

Why are we crucifying EM? I said awhile back in my posts before any of this broke when everyone was complaining about CHan or ASH edits & Babyface came & said they were upset about the edits I said Em's edit was the worse. No human can hold to the standard as what was given to EM..

I sure hope many sit & rewatch some of this. All three final women have insecurites in this show. They all fell for Brad in different ways & Brad I am sure has some real emotions for all of them. He chose the one he wanted to spend his life with or marry. People complained because they felt EM was boring now they complain because they see a different side & some spunk.

She showed nothing different then either ASH or CHantal did throughout the show & IM betting you may find some of that on the cutting room floor from EM.

Im happy with just a continued update from BFC every now & then & let this couple sort it all out now.
    Because it was a COMPLETE departure from the Saint Emily edit we were given and we are completely STUNNED/SHOCK/FREAKED OUT. I think I remember Chantal being raked over the coals for being emotional, manipulative and whiny for crying.. but her emotional breakdowns weren't ANYWHERE near the volitale knock down drag outs that Emily and Brad admited to last night...and sweet little Emily ain't so sweet.. she's a BALL BUSTER and she took Brad's from him right there in front of God and everyone.

Do I wish them ill? Heck NO... I'm a grounded person that has some life experience and I KNOW what I witnessed on TV will not end well.

I think Chantal is a little too busy doing the media rounds on behalf of the happy couple, so they can enjoy their privacy and work on their relationship, to get down with the Celebrity Fit Club.

I wonder how much of a celebrity would you need to be for that show...I could use a little work myself - summer's getting closer every day!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    Thank you!! I just cannot possibly imagine the thoughts behind this. Honestly... ridiculous. That poor dear sweet girl -- thank goodness they changed plans!
    I know! The horror of it. What was Emily thinking, actually even talking about a wedding when Brad had only met her daughter once and vice versa, not to mention planning a wedding?! Either Emily was temporarily insane as a result of the show, or Brad did a pretty major job of brainwashing. He's desperate to hold onto her. He knows he could never interest a woman like that in real life. I had the same feeling when Jason proposed to Melissa.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Carelesshomage View Post
    I believe Chantal was hurt over the "It wasn't even close" statements floating around the Internet. The emphasis on this is very odd. Brad repeatedly stated how comfortable he was around her, whereas with Emily, he was nervous. It was only physical attraction on Brad's part toward Emily, and that showed. Although to me, Chantal is clearly more attractive. Beautiful features, great skin, and more importantly, she's a lovely person.

I really would have been crushed to see Chantal in Emily's place last night. I'm still elated that she wasn't chosen and escaped that mess.
    I agree that must have hurt. I was able to see it and several of the girls from the show have said the same thing. It didn't seem like it was close. I hope she finds her Mr. Right. She is adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    She fell to F3 because of an outrageously awkward fantasy date. period.
    From what I watched, I think it was obvious that Brad did not expect to send her home after that date. He chose to because he didn't have any other choice - he knew in that moment it was as done as done could be. (And would likely provide nothing but awkward moments going forward.)

I could also venture a guess that until he got solid confirmation on how Emily felt about HIM, he saw Ashley as a contender for dating. But I saw a marked difference in the physical attention he paid to anyone else after Emily told him how she felt. From the beginning, I think Brad was honest and forthright as much as he was allowed to be.

I got caught up in the comfortable, fun and engaging connection he had with Chantal. I loved her, he enjoyed it to the fullest, absolutely, and set up dates that capitalized on the strengths of their relationship. But the nature of this show is that someone always always gets led on. Brad isn't at fault for that, IMO. The many times Chantal commented on getting a ring, he never responded in kind. When she said she loved him, he didn't reply. He did, however, break rules repeatedly for Emily. (Hindsight is sooooooo 20/20.)

The funny thing is that is Brad (or any bachelor, really) truly can't win in this position. He fell early and when he knew she felt the same, it was very obvious after that point. Isn't that what we all say we want to see more than anything? He's trying to be honest about all of that in the end. He gets reamed for it. If he lied, he'd get called out for that. I would love to see Brad and Emily happy, and sitting on stage with the other Bachelor success stories.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    I know! The horror of it. What was Emily thinking, actually even talking about a wedding when Brad had only met her daughter once and vice versa, not to mention planning a wedding?! Either Emily was temporarily insane as a result of the show, or Brad did a pretty major job of brainwashing. He's desperate to hold onto her. He knows he could never interest a woman like that in real life. I had the same feeling when Jason proposed to Melissa.
    My guess is both are true! Luckily, they canned those plans. If they get to the altar, I'd like it to be healthily for the sake of that little girl. But for some reason, no one has called me to consult :-(
    We like because... we love although...."