Thread: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

FORT Fan

Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoowl View Post
    Hold the phone people... just got home from work and am reading all the posts. So Brad and Emily were going to get married last week, even though he hadn't seen Ricki since the HTD 5 months ago? Huh?

Where are Brad's family or friends? Are they just enabling Brad and EM in this charade? I would hope that my friends and family would tell it like it is and keep me in check. If I was Brad's or Emily's friend or family member, I would say, "Whoah, steady. Too soon, You really want to do this?" Or are they just telling them what they want to hear?
    I think friends and family are too afraid of poking the bear and the babe to tell them the truth.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lithargic View Post
    I believe that if you truly love someone then you try to protect them, especially on national TV.

She could simply have said

"We are going though what most new couples do, trying to build a relationship that will be strong and last forever. There have been a few challenges but overall it has been the best thing that ever happened to me!"
    She didn't even have to mention the temper, the screaming, the "poking the bear", etc.

If a woman ever treated me that way I would run for the hills!
    Very well put, and she said nothing of the sort. Interesting, to say the least.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by socalmd View Post
    I wouldn't really say Emily "won". IMO Womack reminds me of the dude in sleeping with the enemy.
    I think Miss Emily herself is realizing just what a "prize" she won. Unfortunately, I do not think Brad has yet seen just what's in the cracker jack box for him... give him time.
    We like because... we love although...."

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by allykat View Post
    So true! We have Brad telling Chantal he brought her to the end because she was fun to be around, and his friend dismissing their relationship and saying she was supposed to be gone before then anyway. I'm sure it's all true, but it still comes across like mean girls.

Meanwhile, what's Chantal doing today? Facing media all day to talk about her public humiliation because the 'happy' couple need privacy. And what is she saying while she covers for them? That she wishes them well and is sure they'll make it because their is obviously something there. So while she's gracious and classy, they tear her down to build up insecure Emily.
    to this post

...although it's only right that brad and emily finally got some privacy and some sense of normalcy since clearly they have a lot to work on (as they pointed out themselves).

Quote Originally Posted by socalmd View Post
    I wouldn't really say Emily "won". IMO Womack reminds me of the dude in sleeping with the enemy.
    She might be one of those women that think that is "love."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by secri View Post
    to this post

...although it's only right that brad and emily finally got some privacy and some sense of normalcy since clearly they have a lot to work on (as they pointed out themselves).
    I hope they actually do take this chance to remain private and work on things, if only for that little cutie Ricki! To think they almost married with him only meeting her once -- whew, glad they put the brakes on that notion.

After all it is much easier to *stay out* of something than it is to *get out.* Now is the time for them to decide just what is best for all of them.
    We like because... we love although...."

Crap, tales me so long to type stuff that I miss the fun, guess I shouldn't be so long-winded!

Chantal's dating a connection of Ali's????

Cool beans!
    All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions ~ Leonardo da Vinci

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    Did you watch the ATFR at all? That was the basis of the ENTIRE discussion!
    By their own account they have been fighting since the show first aired.
    That roller-coaster ride Brad was avoiding with Chantal ~ he's been riding
    full tilt with Emily! Knock-down drag-out fights?? Really??

You're right ~ I don't think it has anything to do with her insecurities with
    Chantal. Do us a favor, and let's not draw Chantal into THEIR
    dysfunction junction. What we're dealing with are two very volatile
    personalities. Let's not make excuses for THEIR behavior!
    Which part of what I said indicated I didn't watch ATFR?! I am not making excuses I am simply stating an opinion, MINE.
    I am allowed to do that here, right?!

Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    I think Miss Emily herself is realizing just what a "prize" she won. Unfortunately, I do not think Brad has yet seen just what's in the cracker jack box for him... give him time.
    That's a good way of putting it!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bevinfighter07 View Post
    No offense Allana but I don't think there already broken up. Why is it so hard to believe that they had hard times while the show was airing. And now that the show is over they have a fresh start. It sounds pretty simple to me
    Why? Because the moment the show was over, they didn't automatically become two different people with the relationship skills, maturity, commitment, and level of self-awareness necessary to work out their problems. They're still the people we saw on ATFR last night, except they're not on TV anymore.