Thread: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

FORT Fan

Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Beruthiel View Post
    Several things here... first off, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and in MY eyes Chantal beats Emily hands down, so scratch that argument.

Emily IS jealous of Chantal, for whatever reason, and if I were her, I would be too, both for the great dates AND for all of the positive things he said about Chantal.

Finally, DON'T BLAME CHANTAL for the F1 spoiler! OR THE EDITING! She's not responsible for either of those things and in fact she referred to how difficult it was, on Regis and Kelly this morning, to get congratulatory messages from well-wishers when she was hurting from being F2.

I accept that watching the series must be hurtful, but good grief, Emily won, she got her guy, whinging about it now just makes her look immature and pathetic.
    Brad's almost broken his back trying to make her feel secure all through the season, and she's STILL carping about it. Insert roll eye icon here.

Now, BFC is obviously a good friend to Brad, but he told us several things today that made my antennae wobble.
    He only met Emily last night, all his info comes directly from Brad, and Brad hasn't seen Emily's daughter since the hometown date.

If the last is the case, then what on EARTH were the plans for a wedding all about, Brad met the child ONCE and they were going to get married?

Then, ALL BFC knows of Emily is second hand, or as the legal system would have it, the evidence is "hearsay', just as all our other evidence is.

Lastly, am I wrong here, but didn't the show start broadcasting after the season was over, after the actual FRC?
    That went down in November, right? It's been months...
    If that's the case, then Brad must have been going nuts even then with the show as broadcast, because he'd already pledged his love, but TPTB were showing another story, based on the spoilers, and he must have been desperate to cover his ass with his beloved.
    Forgive me if I'm wrong on that, I can't even remember and don't really care about timelines, but all the stuff we saw on the ATFR just confirms that there's been trouble in Paradise since the FRC and it doesn't bode well, whoever the heck the planned F2/F3 were, and Brad has been working his butt off trying to mollify Emily all this time - poor Brad.
    My last point is evidence to me that the keep Emily happy by down playing all other connections has been in play since November, so just because Brad said it back then means little.

No offense, BFC, but I've been trained to test and analyse everything, so it makes me a sceptic, and that's how I see it.
    Have at me if I'm all wet, I can take it!
    Thank you!! I just cannot possibly imagine the thoughts behind this. Honestly... ridiculous. That poor dear sweet girl -- thank goodness they changed plans!
    We like because... we love although...."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by secri View Post
    ...and with that, my respect for brad as a man just went down a couple of notches more. and to think i was just feeling protective of him in a recent post...provided that he could not not bring just emily to the final rose, he could have at least gone the "ali" way and let go of chantal (at least) without dragging her to the final ceremony. oh well
    Do you really think TPTB would that happen every year? That's not how the show works.

Its funny that Ali's Chris exit is now the gold standard for letting F2 go because if my memory serves me correctly she was absolutely CRUCIFIED for it here!

Quote Originally Posted by lithargic View Post
    I believe that if you truly love someone then you try to protect them, especially on national TV.

She could simply have said

"We are going though what most new couples do, trying to build a relationship that will be strong and last forever. There have been a few challenges but overall it has been the best thing that ever happened to me!"

She didn't even have to mention the temper, the screaming, the "poking the bear", etc.

If a woman ever treated me that way I would run for the hills!
    I agree, but in this case I see it simply as a lack of maturity on her part.
    I see her as having had one real life love experience which was tragically cut down in it's prime. Her relationship with Ricky never grew past a certain point to see fruition--whether or not it would conitinue to thrive as she reached adulthood or would whither on the vine as many puppy love type things tend to do.
    In one sense, she might have the maturity needed to raise a child. But that is not the same as being ready to be in a mature, sharing relationship with an adult.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Beruthiel View Post
    Several things here... first off, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and in MY eyes Chantal beats Emily hands down, so scratch that argument.

Emily IS jealous of Chantal, for whatever reason, and if I were her, I would be too, both for the great dates AND for all of the positive things he said about Chantal.

Finally, DON'T BLAME CHANTAL for the F1 spoiler! OR THE EDITING! She's not responsible for either of those things and in fact she referred to how difficult it was, on Regis and Kelly this morning, to get congratulatory messages from well-wishers when she was hurting from being F2.

I accept that watching the series must be hurtful, but good grief, Emily won, she got her guy, whinging about it now just makes her look immature and pathetic.
    Brad's almost broken his back trying to make her feel secure all through the season, and she's STILL carping about it. Insert roll eye icon here.

Now, BFC is obviously a good friend to Brad, but he told us several things today that made my antennae wobble.
    He only met Emily last night, all his info comes directly from Brad, and Brad hasn't seen Emily's daughter since the hometown date.

If the last is the case, then what on EARTH were the plans for a wedding all about, Brad met the child ONCE and they were going to get married?

Then, ALL BFC knows of Emily is second hand, or as the legal system would have it, the evidence is "hearsay', just as all our other evidence is.

Lastly, am I wrong here, but didn't the show start broadcasting after the season was over, after the actual FRC?
    That went down in November, right? It's been months...
    If that's the case, then Brad must have been going nuts even then with the show as broadcast, because he'd already pledged his love, but TPTB were showing another story, based on the spoilers, and he must have been desperate to cover his ass with his beloved.
    Forgive me if I'm wrong on that, I can't even remember and don't really care about timelines, but all the stuff we saw on the ATFR just confirms that there's been trouble in Paradise since the FRC and it doesn't bode well, whoever the heck the planned F2/F3 were, and Brad has been working his butt off trying to mollify Emily all this time - poor Brad.
    My last point is evidence to me that the keep Emily happy by down playing all other connections has been in play since November, so just because Brad said it back then means little.

No offense, BFC, but I've been trained to test and analyse everything, so it makes me a sceptic, and that's how I see it.
    Have at me if I'm all wet, I can take it!
    I agree with almost everything you've said here. So no battering from this girl.

The part about how this had been going on since November really stands out. I would think by now, Brad is very good at walking on eggshells.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tessio55 View Post
    I would advise the people read upthread first before commenting but the genesis of BabyfaceC explaining that Chantal was actually F3 was because several posters where insisting that Brad had more feelings for Chantal than he was willing to admit at ATFR because Emily was backstage and because of what CH has been selling the media. He was just setting the record straight. I would also advise anyone to watch the F3 RC and see that what he saying is pretty obvious too!
    I understand the genesis of the explanation, and I watched the F3 RC as well. The classy thing to do would be to leave well enough alone. If Em and Brad are so rock solid, opinions by random posters shouldn't matter enough to elicit a response. That's a BIG if...

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat View Post
    The motivation is clear. Brad cares more about Emily's feelings than Chantal's, therefore the reason for the discounting of what he had with Chantal.
    As it should be if he has a hope in h*ll of trying to make this thing work. But I don't have to drink the kool aid, and I am not wilfully being a jerk for saying that many, many people, including Emily apparently, saw something more than NOTHING AT ALL between Brad and Chantal, and so trying to say after the fact that there was never a moment when Chantal mattered to him is questionable. Who has the most to gain here? That's my way of looking at things. In this case, Brad has the most to gain by denying any feelings for Chantal. She's already been dumped and it out of the picture. He's still got to deal with a very obviously irritated fiance who needs the reassurance that she was the only one.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by kjeriss View Post
    I understand the genesis of the explanation, and I watched the F3 RC as well. The classy thing to do would be to leave well enough alone. If Em and Brad are so rock solid, opinions by random posters shouldn't matter enough to elicit a response. That's a BIG if...
    ^THIS^

When you hurt someone (intentionally or non-intentionally), you don't turn the knife. Or as some may say, you don't pour salt in the wounds.

As a grown-up, you know better, and you have true compassion for that person and wish them only the best if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    this is them less than 12 hours ago...

[/

Now this is what I have been waiting to see! They look absolutely adorable together!!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    Before the season aired I posted something like it will be straight up love story. In your face. No crazy shenanigans. All because Brad told me it would be obvious who fell for from the beginning. He was shocked after each of the episodes leading up to Anguilla that they weren't showing anything close to enough of their love story. He even met with the producers and asked them to please show more. Kind of felt like they were being robbed of their experience because it wasn't being shown.

She did have a hard time with the show on Mondays. Frustrating bc it's the 21st season of the bachelor. Not the first.
    I have 2 questions 1) Are brad and emily still together?? 2) Are brad and emily not going to do any media interview??

FORT Fan

<--- someone! :-) hehe, but ty for seeing what i see! (sometimes i feel im crazy here :-))