Thread: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

FORT Fan

Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

Quote Originally Posted by AZHotFlash View Post
    Now that I've watched the entire ATFR .. I think that Brad is going to make it work come whatever. He'll push and push .. and then back off .. and then push some more for Emily to set a date for the wedding. He does not want to look like a jerk this time... (ooops .. too late!) So I believe he will MAKE it work no matter how he ends up feeling.. he just has to keep telling himself that Emily is the woman he's waited for all his life (all his life???) ..

My only question.. Does anyone else find it odd that he's 15 years older than she is? ..(Although in maturity .. he acts 12 .. so maybe they are closer in "age")
    I totally think this relationship is going to "work" because he's like possessively weird about her. I think we will see these two getting married (unless Em pulls out completely) and at that point all I can do is hope that I am WILDLY wrong about how I view them. And, yeah, the age difference between them skeeves me out in the worst way. Last night when he was proposing to her, the words were so, so sweet, but it looked like her Dad giving her away. Gross!

FORT Regular

I think they will survive. I think the only problem was her having to watch the show. Pretty sure they broke up because he slept with Chantal. She'll get over that.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by allykat View Post
    So true! We have Brad telling Chantal he brought her to the end because she was fun to be around, and his friend dismissing their relationship and saying she was supposed to be gone before then anyway. I'm sure it's all true, but it still comes across like mean girls.

Meanwhile, what's Chantal doing today? Facing media all day to talk about her public humiliation because the 'happy' couple need privacy. And what is she saying while she covers for them? That she wishes them well and is sure they'll make it because their is obviously something there. So while she's gracious and classy, they tear her down to build up insecure Emily.
    My sentiments exactly! Wow- just catching up on the day's posts now- and I am so much more turned off by Brad's camp than I already was. Chantal says on ATFR that Brad's a good person so she wants to see him, and today on R&K that she hopes they can work it out cause they obviously have something. She hasn't responded to any of the millions of tweets she's gotten calling Brad every form of the word loser, AND I don't think it could be clearer that she's moved on...you'd think that Brad's side might want to let sleeping dogs lie, or gasp......wish her well. But Em has Chantal "fun-edit" envy, so the appeasement is full-throttle. I think Brad's S's in law were right- maybe Em is more "one of them". Just brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    I think the whole "not even close" and "Ashley was supposed to be F2" just adds insult to injury -- and I don't get the motivation behind that.

Really, really do not get the motivation behind it.

The motivation is clear. Brad cares more about Emily's feelings than Chantal's, therefore the reason for the discounting of what he had with Chantal.

Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    I think the whole "not even close" and "Ashley was supposed to be F2" just adds insult to injury -- and I don't get the motivation behind that.

Really, really do not get the motivation behind it.
    If I recall many long-time posters have said that the Bach or B'ette
    usually let's their actual F2 leave at F3 out of respect. They do this
    so that they are somewhat spared of the humiliation and hurt of being
    rejected at the podium. The F2 is usually the one less emotionally
    invested.

** correct me if I am wrong here old-timers!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Quote Originally Posted by kcc112 View Post
    I think they will survive. I think the only problem was her having to watch the show. Pretty sure they broke up because he slept with Chantal. She'll get over that.
    Brad said he didn't sleep with any of his F3 during the season. Why do you think her slept with Chantal then?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    thats how I saw it...its like not only did you get your heart broke on Nov 19 you werent' even supposed to be there
    exactly... and there is no need to say that after she is already gone... It's like, yeah we get it (!) brad did not pick chantal... ppl don't have to go out of their way to make it seem like he didn't care for her at all -- to me that is BS cooked up to keep Little Miss Emily happy (and even she isn't falling for it!)
    We like because... we love although...."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I saw it differently. First, I thought the entire show was authetic for the first time. That was refreshing. I figure good will come out of it. When we exose our foibles it is easier to find the freedom of self acceptance. Sure, Emily exposed Brad instead of him saying it, there is that. However there is no shame in being easy to anger. And there is no shame in crying or feeling insecure. Our culture puts things in the catories of right or wrong when, in truth, neither exist. We are all mixed bags and when partnered find ways to choreograph a dance that works.
    How true this is as I have seen it "play out" in my own life. Trust me...I've seen and experienced "grace beyond measure" in my own life and marriage....if "zydacoegirl" (that's me) can manage 14 years of marriage (mostly good) than anyone can.

Time will tell on these two. I know what I think will happen and since this is a very public relationship, I guess I will find out the results at some point.

Chantal did a great job on R&K today. She'll be fine. Loved the shoes.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    And to add to that... Not only was it not close, but Ashley was supposed to be F2. Period. I guess I'm wrong about that too?
    ...and with that, my respect for brad as a man just went down a couple of notches more. and to think i was just feeling protective of him in a recent post...provided that he could not not bring just emily to the final rose, he could have at least gone the "ali" way and let go of chantal (at least) without dragging her to the final ceremony. oh well