Thread: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

  1. #1491
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    40

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    Well, bottom line ~ Chantal's the only one who ended up looking classy
    at the end of all of this!!
    So true! We have Brad telling Chantal he brought her to the end because she was fun to be around, and his friend dismissing their relationship and saying she was supposed to be gone before then anyway. I'm sure it's all true, but it still comes across like mean girls.

    Meanwhile, what's Chantal doing today? Facing media all day to talk about her public humiliation because the 'happy' couple need privacy. And what is she saying while she covers for them? That she wishes them well and is sure they'll make it because their is obviously something there. So while she's gracious and classy, they tear her down to build up insecure Emily.

  2. #1492
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Still snowed-in in MN!
    Posts
    339

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    Lol, it's crazy how 2 people can watch the same thing, but see it completely differently, isn't it?

    Completely respect your opinion, but what I saw was a man looking away and forcing smiles here and there.... lord he just looked so uncomfortable!

    LOL!

    I saw a guy choking up with emotion.


    We're good!

  3. #1493
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    178

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by jamabae View Post
    LOL!

    I saw a guy choking up with emotion.


    We're good!
    This is what makes the world go 'round! :-)
    We like because... we love although...."

  4. #1494
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    Amen! So I can only assume that now, all the people who trashed Laurel (for trashing Brad) must also trash Emily, right?

    OK, that may be going overboard, but I hope the point is taken -- intended only for those who say one thing when Laurel does it, and quite another when dear, sweet Emily says it.
    I really felt like I was watching Roo's stories and those texts come alive with Brad and Emily, just Roo had a slightly different face and accent than normal. I can't even separate the two relationships with Brad.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  5. #1495
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    137

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

    Emily is only 24. Last night her immaturity and insecurities showed. Because she is a mom, I think on the show she acted much older; however, she is young!

    14 years is a big difference in age; however, Brad isn't real mature either - so it could work out. I wish them the best

  6. #1496
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Still snowed-in in MN!
    Posts
    339

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by lithargic View Post
    I think it is more likely that Brad was told to bring Chantal along to F2 to create the most fan base and sympathy for her role as the next bachelorette. The same thing was done last year for Chris- but lo and behold both Chris and Chantal turned down the offers.
    I actually could agree with you on this. However, there was no way Brad could tell Chantal that.

  7. #1497
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by lithargic View Post
    I believe that if you truly love someone then you try to protect them, especially on national TV.

    She could simply have said

    "We are going though what most new couples do, trying to build a relationship that will be strong and last forever. There have been a few challenges but overall it has been the best thing that ever happened to me!"

    She didn't even have to mention the temper, the screaming, the "poking the bear", etc.

    If a woman ever treated me that way I would run for the hills!
    I saw it differently. First, I thought the entire show was authetic for the first time. That was refreshing. I figure good will come out of it. When we exose our foibles it is easier to find the freedom of self acceptance. Sure, Emily exposed Brad instead of him saying it, there is that. However there is no shame in being easy to anger. And there is no shame in crying or feeling insecure. Our culture puts things in the catories of right or wrong when, in truth, neither exist. We are all mixed bags and when partnered find ways to choreograph a dance that works.

  8. #1498
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    863

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by lithargic View Post
    I believe that if you truly love someone then you try to protect them, especially on national TV.

    She could simply have said

    "We are going though what most new couples do, trying to build a relationship that will be strong and last forever. There have been a few challenges but overall it has been the best thing that ever happened to me!"

    She didn't even have to mention the temper, the screaming, the "poking the bear", etc.

    If a woman ever treated me that way I would run for the hills!

    Thank you lith for a man's point of view...Yes she is only 25 but never been married...lived with ricky very young.....but my daughter who was a big Emily fan is 17 and she even went "wow mom this is uncomfortable if she truly loves him why say those things...."......she is feisty and brad is riding the roller coaster I guess he enjoys....

  9. #1499
    FORT Fogey Nibbles22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,065

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by zydacoegirl View Post
    Chantal is o.k.

    In my book...she's no "classier" than Shawntel, Britt, or any of the others.

    If she had been Brad's F1.....trust me....we'd be "hearing" more than we wanted to about "her past".
    Yet for three months everyone (including the media) thought Chantal
    was the F1 ~ so I'm not buying that, sorry!
    Last edited by Nibbles22; 03-15-2011 at 06:30 PM.
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

  10. #1500
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,800

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

    Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    If you think I came to FORT 2 weeks ago and lied about how it wasn't even close between F1 and F2 in order to be loyal to my friend who doesn't read this and doesn't ultimately care what people on here think, then go ahead and think that. If something Chris Harrison said in an interview promoting this dramatic reality show confirms to you that I am wrong and he must be right I don't think that makes much sense. But then again, it really doesn't matter anyways.
    No harm, no foul. I appreciate your posts, BFC, but I also don't know if I take everything you say as 100% gospel truth. I really, truly mean no offence when I say that, because I really believe you are a good friend, but I cannot believe that everything coming from Brad towards his F2 throughout the show was simply friendship and going through the motions. If that's what is being said after the fact, so be it, but even Emily admitted to seeing a lot between Brad and Chantal, enough that it seemed to bother her a great deal, so either Brad is a fantastic actor (and who knows, perhaps he is) or there is a bit more to the story than "it wasn't even close."

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.