Thread: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

FORT Regular

Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    Not at all. I was simply giving you a behind the scenes explanation of what really happened since we as viewers only saw the edited version. I'm not sitting her saying anyone is perfect. Have a great day
    Thanks for coming to the board this morning. This was a mean place last night, somehow people who are only watching the TV show think they know everything.

I wish Brad and Emily and Ricki the best. I truly think with friends and family they will make it. I saw reality last night as opposed to what we get with most ATFR. I think Brad and Em are one of the first couples to have actually fallen in love on the show, which is what made watching the episodes so difficult.

Actually my wife and I went out with B and E and showed her the bars for the first time. We had a great time (hence my headache). They were very lovey dovey. It was so great to meet her. She's actually really funny and has much more of a sense of humor than was shown on TV. We had a great time
    Aww...that is great to hear. Now she can really see his world. I think being on camera would be brutal. I am glad to hear they were lovey dovey.
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

Actually my wife and I went out with B and E and showed her the bars for the first time. We had a great time (hence my headache). They were very lovey dovey. It was so great to meet her. She's actually really funny and has much more of a sense of humor than was shown on TV. We had a great time
    We only got to see little tidbits of her sense of humor in the outtakes. I guess since Chantal was the "fun" edit, they had to remove all of Em's personality so as not to confuse us.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    Did the producers make up the bear comment too? And the volatile temper/fights? They have great imaginations then.
    Still on fire I see.

I don't care who caused it (producers or Emily herself) but we definitely were watching the bear last night sitting on that couch. He gets a scary look on his face when he's been poked.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA083 View Post
    This is why I give Ali so MUCH credit for not taking Chris L to the proposal day. It was hard to watch last night with Chantal being rejected at the podium! I have never liked this part of the show.
    Yeah, I know it's the kind thing to do...but MF will probably NEVER let that happen again.

Wow. SOOOOO unsettling, so upsetting, so disturbing. That whole trainwreck should have NEVER aired.

Note to ABC: When a couple has a "volatile" relationship, with "knock down drag out" fights, and they each have a "temper," the solution is not to tell them that "America wants to see you together" or to bring on three happy couples who also met under unusual circumstances to counsel them. (Subnote: The problem here is not that they met under unusual circumstances.) The solution is to scrub the episode and to let them quietly work things out....or not.

The whole thing was sickening.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by one71721 View Post
    Yeah, I know it's the kind thing to do...but MF will probably NEVER let that happen again.
    I agree. I don't think that was an option for Brad. While it is a softer "let down" and more humane, but wait, this is MF. Not something he would be concerned about.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    I don't think it was all to appease Emily. Brad has intimated and BFC has just come out and said that Ashley H was the intended F2. He really didn't feel it with Chantal, but what was he supposed to say, "You were there by default"?
    He did? Where? If he did, I must've missed it. Things are flying awfully fast here today!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thatblonde View Post
    Emily seemed shocked to be seeing what she saw in Brad, onscreen with the others. Obviously had been misled post FRC from Brad.... probably heard it was you and only you from the start and all along. So while she alluded to knowing that editing was a factor- ( heck she knew she got the boring edit and if she had phrased it any other way than she didn't get the fun "action" dates I'm sure that would have been "edited" out too) she also firmly stated that Brad gave them lots of material to work with. That tells me she really didn't know what to expect on Monday nights, and Brad had not honestly prepared her for it. So for the past month she has watched the worst of the dates alone and without any quality time in between with Brad to help her adjust and give her reassurance. That is a recipe for disaster. What girl wouldn't be insecure with all that going on, and the one person who can help you with it is miles away?

I don't think she is jealous of Chantel per se, why would she be? I think she's more upset with seeing a connection, all the physical touching and alluding to having real "feelings" that she didn't know she would see because Brad sold her the "it was always Emily" story too. It has to be a real shocker to see that Brad's actions and words didn't match, and now everyone knows that I'm not the only one "special" to Brad. What Emily thought would be OUR love story, really isn't all that, and more importantly, now everyone knows that. As a private person, she was forced to see her dating issues played out onscreen and in public. Sweet lil Emily became, if this is the forum you want to disrespect me in, then buddy, you got your wish, cause I'm not so sold on you either, at least not after all I've seen!

Do I think she let Brad have it on Mondays and into Tuesdays, heck yeah. Do I think last night she wasn't holding back or trying to put on happy face for the TV audience because she had been misled and was embarassed... blamed Brad for the situation HE put her in? A big heck yeah.

Then there's Brad behavior last night. First of all, he can't find a nice way to say "I enjoyed your company Chantel, I had fun with you, but I didn't fall in love with you. You were someone I could date, but not sure it would have ever led to marriage. With Emily, I saw marriage". No, instead he waffles and waves and no one can figure out what he's really trying to say. And from Emily's perspective..... why DIDN'T Chantel get the "it was always Emily" story shoved down her throat like he undoubedly did with Emily? Then when Chantel got upset, it was old Brad back in action......let me hug you, rescue you, protect you, "I don't care who's back there" referring to Emily (or some words to that effect). Wow, another smooth move. So now you're protecting Chantel's feelings over Emily's?

Brad has real issues. Very controlling and manipulative. Can't be serious about any one person long, because he soon sees their "imperfections" and then the dream bubble is burst. Back to square one. Then his abandonment issues kick in, and he hangs on tooth and nail and begs for forgiveness, etc until the next time the sleeping Bear can't be controlled and rages once again.

I can't say I blame Emily for anything here, except believing that she was truly THE ONE, and that the show would somehow reflect that. I'm sure she knew to expect editing issues, as well as dicing and slicing, to make things "look" like it was a real contest, but Brad handed them so much more. It's hard to sell "I had to" or "I'm just playing the Bachelor game". I wouldn't believe that, and I know what to expect with these shows. Do I think Chantel ever had a chance.....NO. But then again, I don't think Brad has a "real" chance with anyone "real". Emily girl, you had a great life before Brad, and you will have an ever better one after Brad. Don't settle......he's damaged goods.

I pretty much agree with what you said.

Although I was never a fan of emily mostly because I knew she was never the saint em they tried to show us and I got tired of her smirk and cold-reserve-whatever attitude, I think that I very much respect her in her decision to cancel or postpone any commitment.

Here it is more than marriage, it is commitment, living in the same place with Brad, making the move to austin etc.

I truly think that indeed brad is totally useless in term of how to deal with emotions and the women he cares.

Did I see love? yes, in brad but not emily. I saw a confused girl who was pissed about the way brad acted with others, pissed about the edits she had all along, pissed about how awkward their dates were shown, pissed about a guy who obviously never explained or communicated right

Finally I saw emily understand that brad is still a guy with huge temper who cannot carry on an adult conversation and take any question so personal that he dramatizes tenfold.

I think that this relationship has no chance. A distance relationship is already difficult, but knowing that the guy has a temper when the woman does not do or say what he wants.... plus little ricki in the middle

No way!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hooked4 View Post
    I enjoyed everything about last night! I thought the AFRC was real, and it certainly looked to me like a couple who wants this to work out! Will it? Who knows - not my concern. I do think it is worrisome that they have had several "volatile" fights already, but I am sure this has been an especially difficult period for them. One thing I am going to say, amidst all of the Chantal fanism, is that I was not crazy about her last night. She kept pushing and pushing Brad to tell her what she wanted to hear, while knowing he did not have those feelings. I was so hoping for a Bachelor first and to hear him say "I did not have strong feelings for you but I HAD to take SOMEONE to the F2!" That is certainly what he was saying without saying it! Best wishes to Brad and Emily!!
    I was a fan of all F4 and early on was hoping for Chantal to be F1. I really wish Chantal would have been the next B'ette, but, oh well....

Anyway, I totally agree with the bolded. How may seasons has this show been on now? And why can't people get it already that he has to bring people down to F4, F3, and F2? The lead (whether it's Brad or Ali or Trista) can fall in love on the 2nd date, but if they disclose it that early THAT IS THE END OF THE SHOW and it doesn't work that way. It's a balancing act for the lead. If he tells the F2 he was in love with her too, then he's a cad for falling in love with 2 women, plus, we all feel sorry for the F1. If he tells the F2 when he fell in love with the F1 he looks like a cad for leading on the F4, F3, & F2. Sheesh.

BTW, CH is such a little instigator. I don't know if anyone posted this, but he has perfected the P A U S E.......and when you're talking to someone under emotional circumstances, that pause and slowing down of the conversation really encourages the tears to roll or emotions to build. Makes for great TV, but it's so totally manipulated. I felt sorry for Chantal last night when she was on the hot seat. It was soooooo quiet at times when she finished some of her statements, it made ME feel anxious!