Thread: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

FORT Fan

Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

Quote Originally Posted by beachbabesuze View Post
    Watching Chantal on R&K.....she just admitted she knew she wasnt the one in the limo on the way to FRC.
    PS SHe doesnt look like she lost weight this morning.....that dress is SO not flattering

What she said was that she figured she might not be the F1 because of the time of day she was going to the FRC. As we know, she's a fan of the show and noticed that they usually do the proposal at sunset. She knew her arrival to the podium was early.

She looked cute and was perky and upbeat. Didn't say anything really new, was classy when asked if she thought B&E would make it. She said that she hoped they made it, but the tabloids and media make things tough.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I agree. I also think she was hurt by what he said - he is really not good with words. The way it came out, he fell for Emily early and thought she was fun and knew he had to "bring someone else along" so he chose her. That basically invalidates what she thought they had. Even if you are over someone, that hurts - and I think that is what she was (justifiably) crying about last night.

Based on the ATFR, I don't think Emily was portrayed very accurately on the show. The Em we saw in the ATFR was not the same girl we really saw (other than glimpses) in the show. Based on what she said last night, I actually don't question her commitment. I question his. She is much stronger than he probably thought - and has questioned him more than he had hoped/expected. As we have seen, he doesn't do real well when he is questioned. Whether this relationship makes it or not will be based on whether he grows up!

I agree. He reminds me of my 17 year old son. Expecting that saying the right thing equals understanding what your words mean. At 38 he should have been able to tell her what being a dad means. "it means I'll be there when she comes home from school and someone was mean to her. I'll hold her hair when she is being sick, I'll be beside you in the audience for every ballet recital, I'll stand in line all night to get that hard to get Christmas gift and I'll eat the cookies left out for santa" Even if he'd said I don't know what it means to be a dad because I never had one but I know what I missed and I'm going to make sure she never does.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Well, the damage control police were out in full force last night. I guess BFC meant himself when he said to watch out for twitter etc. And can I say, Emily looks exactly like every other man in Brad's life's wife. It's really uncanny. Chantal would have stuck out like a sore thumb in this group.

Personally I think Emily is probably wishing she were miles away putting her little girl to bed.
    Yep, stick a brunette in that mix and people would be singing "one of these girls just doesn't belong here......."
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    I think it's ironic that edited Emily and edited Chantal are IRL switched around Emily appears to be the overly jealous type, spoiled, manipulative and controlling, whereas Chantal is actually the one with class that just wants to love and be loved by her man and has no problem working or moving for the man she loves. Funny how many of us could see that coming, even with the bazaar edit, 'cause when you read between the lines (drawing from all the sources available to us here on Fort), you can disern a person's true colours.
    I agree that Chantal's outgoing personality is great in real life. You know Brad's mom referred to Chantal as "sweet" which didn't match the edited version, but does match the real life version. She is tough and sweet and seems to know which to be and when. When she is swimming with sharks, she is tough. When she is meeting the family or holding Boca, she is sweet. She is a real woman, with real feelings, who isn't afraid to tell the truth and likes to deal with life head on.

I joked to my sister that Chantal was back stage ROFLOL at Brad and the predicament he found himself in. Sometimes the risk is worth the reward and sometimes it's not. He threw Brantal away and she would've been a better match for him in Austin, which his family probably realizes now. Unfortunately you can't make someone fall in love with you back and Brad was too distracted by Saint Em to give him and Channy a chance.

She probably escaped the ATFR grateful that she didn't get the prize, because the real prize is the guy she met back home who hopefully loves her back. She deserves all the hapiness in the world and obviously Brad wasn't it for her.

I do hope that Brad and Emily work out, but if the relationship is volitle, then maybe it would be better to blow it up and part ways, especially if adorable little Ricki is going to be hurt in the long run. Em's priority should be Ricki and Brad needs to understand that. I will wait and see and realize that the edited version is not the real life version. Hopefully time away from the cameras will help them get it together in a normal, healthy relationship.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I agree. He reminds me of my 17 year old son. Expecting that saying the right thing equals understanding what your words mean. At 38 he should have been able to tell her what being a dad means. "it means I'll be there when she comes home from school and someone was mean to her. I'll hold her hair when she is being sick, I'll be beside you in the audience for every ballet recital, I'll stand in line all night to get that hard to get Christmas gift and I'll eat the cookies left out for santa" Even if he'd said I don't know what it means to be a dad because I never had one but I know what I missed and I'm going to make sure she never does.
    I get that he could've just come out and answered the question, but I thought (and I am a huge supporter of Brad and Em) that she pushed it a bit too far for that moment. I watched with my husband and he explained like Roberto did to Ali, that Brad was being really vulnerable in that moment and needed more comfort as opposed to being grilled. The question was valid, but I think his reaction was more about his vulnerability going unrecognized than it was about being questioned. DH thought her timing was off as I did. I think that comes with wisdom and maturity though.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

someone ask Chantal on twitter what show she would be on next. She said she wasn't sure yet. That sounds like she is going to be doing more to me. Good choice to put Chantal out there as articulate as she is if Brad and Emily won't be doing any.
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

I think it's ironic that edited Emily and edited Chantal are IRL switched around Emily appears to be the overly jealous type, spoiled, manipulative and controlling, whereas Chantal is actually the one with class that just wants to love and be loved by her man and has no problem working or moving for the man she loves. Funny how many of us could see that coming, even with the bazaar edit, 'cause when you read between the lines (drawing from all the sources available to us here on Fort), you can disern a person's true colours.
    Who was it that gave us that cryptic message: "don't believe everything you see"...
    Boy was that the understatement of the century.
    We were looking at relationships when we should have been looking at individuals.

Emily is never going to marry Brad. And good for her! Good for her for questioning him and putting the brakes on things. There are SO many red flags with him.

The way he overreacted when she was questioning him about Ricki on the LCD was ridiculous. Like if he "genuinely" means something, he expects you to just accept it without question.

And then on the ATFR, he's positioning things as BIG BAD Emily and poor Brad who just wants to love her and marry her right now. Before she even comes out! He looked so uncomfortable and embarrased through that whole thing. And then she was having to look at him & say ILY practically every time before she answered a question from Chris.

She should run in the other direction.

I personally didn't think that Chantal was "over" him yet, I think she really fell for the guy, but I do think that she is in the process of it and wouldn't go with him even if he wanted it. I think the taping of the ATFR helped tremendously and gave her some sort of closure so that she can move on full force with the new guy... who sounds like he's the real thing and just may be her forever guy
    I think she was over him, but she has shown, and admits herself, that she cries at the drop of a hat. Putting him on the spot (still think she was "encouraged" by the producers to pursue that line of questioning, since the F2s ask it every season) also made her uncomfortable, and between that and dredging up old emotions, she got teary. No big deal IMO. Remember, she's had almost 4 months to get over a 2 month relationship.

Regarding Emily and Brad, I don't see either one as the villain in this piece. I see two people who both came into this with histories that have created issues of their own, causing each one to have problems sustaining romantic relationships, and now all these issues are competing with each other for attention and wreaking havoc on everything. And this is combined with the extra issues that relationships born in the Bachelor Bubble already have to contend with. This couple has a long road to hoe and many things to work out in order to be ready to become a family with a small child. The idea that they even considered a quickie wedding in Anguilla (suspect that came mostly from Brad) concerns me because it makes me wonder if he is at all aware of how much "work" they still have to do on this relationship (and themselves) before they should consider merging.

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    I get that he could've just come out and answered the question, but I thought (and I am a huge supporter of Brad and Em) that she pushed it a bit too far for that moment. I watched with my husband and he explained like Roberto did to Ali, that Brad was being really vulnerable in that moment and needed more comfort as opposed to being grilled. The question was valid, but I think his reaction was more about his vulnerability going unrecognized than it was about being questioned. DH thought her timing was off as I did. I think that comes with wisdom and maturity though.
    True but I think it may be another example of how Brad says the right thing without worry about what it really means. Sure he laboured long and hard over how to tell Emily that he was ready to be a dad and that should maybe have been enough for her at the time but I also feel that she was trying hard to make sure she was living reality and really there wasn't time to let him have his moment. You are on your last chance date you need to deal with the big stuff.

The fact that he got sulky when she didn't give him any positive feedback for his message is telling to me that she will have to give him lots of reinforcement because he is needed in that way. He has a romantic image of how they are supposed to be together and he'll do all the right surface things as long as she doesn't probe too deep.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3