Page 100 of 200 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1995

Thread: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor: After The Final Rose

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4 View Post
    She's BacK!!!
    I love it. I think she comes out the big winner. Brad and Emily have their work cut out for them. Chantal found love and Ashley gets to be the Bachelorette.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy View Post
    Brad and Laurel 2.0. It's clear Brad needs to go back to therapy. Jmo of course.
    Yes. Anger has been studied for decades and some reports say that it is inherited. No matter where it comes from, it is next to impossible to correct. A physical change occurs that logic cannot penetrate. At best case senario is for someone expressing rage to be able to walk away from the situation and come back to the table when cooled. That is a tall order & "poking the bear" is way too cute implying it is not the ragers fault or responsibility. Walking on egg shells is not the answer but the course of action many take to avoid the onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules View Post
    I love it. I think she comes out the big winner. Brad and Emily have their work cut out for them. Chantal found love and Ashley gets to be the Bachelorette.
    I agree she does come out as the big winner. I love how she handled herself with such class.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Yes. Anger has been studied for decades and some reports say that it is inherited. No matter where it comes from, it is next to impossible to correct. A physical change occurs that logic cannot penetrate. At best case senario is for someone expressing rage to be able to walk away from the situation and come back to the table when cooled. That is a tall order & "poking the bear" is way too cute implying it is not the ragers fault or responsibility. Walking on egg shells is not the answer but the course of action many take to avoid the onslaught.
    I agree. I always appreciate your psychological perspective.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

A couple of things I have said this season from my "internet psychologist" POV.

I think Brad has a narcissistic personality

Symptoms

A person with narcissistic personality disorder may:

React to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation

Take advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals

Have excessive feelings of self-importance

Exaggerate achievements and talents

Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love

Have unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment

Need constant attention and admiration

Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy

Have obsessive self-interest

Pursue mainly selfish goals

This was highlighted to me last night when he came up with the speech about what a great dad he wants to be. Emily -rightly so in my opinion asked him what being a dad means to him and he couldn't really answer it so he got mad that she didn't pee her pants with joy over his heartfelt speech.

I think she recognises that he idealises and she doesn't want to rush into anything until she is convinced he is really in it for the long haul (better or worse). It is much easier to break off an engagement than it is to re-uproot your daughter and end a marriage/break up a family. She also needs to make sure that the daddy she chose for her daughter is a good fit. I was impressed that she didn't jump at an Anguilla wedding last night. The real world is the only place to find reality.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Good Morning everyone all I can say about the ATFR is .... WOW!! Loved Chantal, very classy and happy that she said what she did to Brad about him just bringing her to the end because she was fun. I don't really buy that as you could see some real emotion from him on their earlier dates plus we know, due to earlier previews that there were more kisses between them than was shown last night on the LCD... he just threw Chantal under the bus in order to gain some brownie points with Emily... totally not cool Brad and then we she started to cry he made a comment along the lines about not caring who was watching?? and then comforted her anyway - he did that at the WTA all too about saying things about the girls when he wasn't supposed too. Whipped much Brad??

Emily seemed more jealous about Chantal's activity dates than she was about what went on during them as it seems she was more concerned about the edit than the guy. If a girl can say what she did in front of a camera... she's just not that into you... not that she ever was IMO The whole "poke the bear" thing was sad, ok so people get mad, but if your causing so much anger so soon... time for both to walk away.

I so wanted to be able to wish them well as a couple, but I can't..... individually yes. And BFC, when this ends, and it will.... keep your friend away from Laurel, even if it means hog tying him
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Haven't read through the thread yet, but just had to post that I have officially joined the Emily fan club. I take back all I said about her being boring. It was all the editing. And kudos to her for also admitting that even she found the edited Emily boring and fell asleep watching her own dates with Brad! She liked edited Chantal better, I feel ya, Em!

Also, shame on the idiots in the audience who booed her, possibly made her feel guilty, for not wanting to marry Brad immediately, snatch her daughter out of school away from her family and move her to Austin to live with a man she has met once, in his bachelor pad, and deal with his questionable temper. Yeah, that would have been smart. NOT. Come on, does anyone really think she should have done that? It's fine for us to treat this relationship like a Lifetime TV movie, and after we see the fairytale (and in some cases, impractical) ending, the credits roll and we switch the channel, but Emily has to live out the real ending from that point on, which will clearly not be a fairytale, but hard work, with some issues to resolve if they are even able to make it. Kudos to her for thinking of her daughter first. She is obviously a good mother.

One thing I will give Brad credit for is that he picked two exceptional women for his F2. Chantal looked gorgeous and conducted herself admirably. So glad she is happy with her new guy, and I suspect she didn't really even care enough to put Brad on the spot like she did, but was told by producers to ask him that question (all the F2s ask that same question at ATFR). Brad should have been prepared with a better answer. He needs to learn how to communicate better, as well as dealing with his temper, if he's going to hold onto the "girl of his dreams". And slow down, Brad, and stop pressuring her, or you'll push her away for sure.

Speaking of which, again I must say, that seriously considering getting married under these complicated circumstances, after knowing each other five months, and never having gone out in public? Romantic? You bet. Ludicrous and the epitome of poor judgment? You bet.

Also wanted to mention, I loved Emily's new haircut and color! A huge improvement and so much more natural looking. She is not the bland pageant princess that the show tried to present her as. You go, girl!
    Last edited by ironcat; 03-15-2011 at 08:49 AM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    Good Morning everyone all I can say about the ATFR is .... WOW!! Loved Chantal, very classy and happy that she said what she did to Brad about him just bringing her to the end because she was fun. I don't really buy that as you could see some real emotion from him on their earlier dates plus we know, due to earlier previews that there were more kisses between them than was shown last night on the LCD... he just threw Chantal under the bus in order to gain some brownie points with Emily... totally not cool Brad and then we she started to cry he made a comment along the lines about not caring who was watching?? and then comforted her anyway - he did that at the WTA all too about saying things about the girls when he wasn't supposed too. Whipped much Brad??

Emily seemed more jealous about Chantal's activity dates than she was about what went on during them as it seems she was more concerned about the edit than the guy. If a girl can say what she did in front of a camera... she's just not that into you... not that she ever was IMO The whole "poke the bear" thing was sad, ok so people get mad, but if your causing so much anger so soon... time for both to walk away.

I so wanted to be able to wish them well as a couple, but I can't..... individually yes. And BFC, when this ends, and it will.... keep your friend away from Laurel, even if it means hog tying him
    Great post.

IMO, one of the reasons Chantal had such a problem with closure is what happened at the final three. Remember when Brad let Ashley go. His voice over said he was sure she would be one of the final two meeting his family. Now we know for sure that it was really supposed to be Chantal, but he changed his mind. After seeing that show, I think Chantal wanted to hear Brad say that to her, but he couldn't bring himself to do it face-to-face. She certainly got the better end of the deal, though.

I don't know if these two will make it or not. If they're fighting a lot now, and there's a child involved, maybe Emily is better off not moving to Austin.

Just my .02.

FORT Newbie

Did someone further back say that they had cancelled all media appearances, not just until thursday??