Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2575115116117118119120121122123124125
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1250

Thread: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!

Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    Practice makes perfect! It was undeniably a HUGE step up in the romance department from the Marry Me / phone text strategy. Huge. Really, such a big step forward. We really must be more optimistic about this couple, guys.
    You know I find that very endearing. You can tell that Brad really fell for her and loves her body and soul. I think for the first time ever in his life, Mr. Womack is truly in love. Somebody on here posted that he was acting like a middle school dork around her he was so in love and now that I look back he was and is. During that proposal, he was shaking and his voice was cracking, I thought he was going to pass out. I feel like he meant every word he said to her. I also feel bad because I think Emily is going to finish off his already fractured heart when she dumps him.

Don't know Emily or Brad or have any facts, but I think it may be harder for her to leave Charlotte than most posters seem to think. I have 6 friends/family members who have lost their spouses in the past 7 years - all of them were in their 20s or 30s and all with at least 1 child. All but one of them lived in the same area as their deceased spouses' parents. None of them have nor would they even consider moving their children away from their deceased spouses' families, both for their in laws sake and their childrens. From what I have seen, it is not the same as a "normal" grandparent/child relationship. I can't understand how Brad, at his age, can't see that that it is more important for Em to stay in Charlotte than it is for him to stay in Austin - heck you can open a bar anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by one71721 View Post
    You know I find that very endearing. You can tell that Brad really fell for her and loves her body and soul. I think for the first time ever in his life, Mr. Womack is truly in love. Somebody on here posted that he was acting like a middle school dork around her he was so in love and now that I look back he was and is. During that proposal, he was shaking and his voice was cracking, I thought he was going to pass out. I feel like he meant every word he said to her. I also feel bad because I think Emily is going to finish off his already fractured heart when she dumps him.
    No fair quoting my Sarcastic Snark in your True Love Forever post.

I'm sorry, I think I should clarify that I DO NOT think this is true love forever... maybe in Brad's mind it is..

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    Don't know Emily or Brad or have any facts, but I think it may be harder for her to leave Charlotte than most posters seem to think. I have 6 friends/family members who have lost their spouses in the past 7 years - all of them were in their 20s or 30s and all with at least 1 child. All but one of them lived in the same area as their deceased spouses' parents. None of them have nor would they even consider moving their children away from their deceased spouses' families, both for their in laws sake and their childrens. From what I have seen, it is not the same as a "normal" grandparent/child relationship. I can't understand how Brad, at his age, can't see that that it is more important for Em to stay in Charlotte than it is for him to stay in Austin - heck you can open a bar anywhere.
    Emily has said she is willing to move. She has already relocated once to Nashville with Ricki. This is not a "normal" family. This is a family of substantial means which means that distance is not as much of a factor for them as it would be for "regular" folks. Everyone forgets that Emily has a family as well who are not local and they make it work just fine. Furthermore, with Brad's whole family being in Austin with aunties, uncles and cousins, Emily and Ricki would have more of a family there than here in Charlotte.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

J- your sarcasm can be very endearing. I felt all warm and fuzzy reading about your "optimism"
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by one71721 View Post
    I'm sorry, I think I should clarify that I DO NOT think this is true love forever... maybe in Brad's mind it is..
    He presents as arrested at the stage of development where when you finally feel the Best Most Exciting Butterflies Ever AND She's Really Really Pretty, you have found someome to marry. Ha.

Many, many couples find out what Married Love is all about during, not before, marriage.

But adding a 5-year old into the mix is complicating. They have to work it out without legal commitment coming first, and (I predict only) that will be fatal in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    Emily has said she is willing to move. She has already relocated once to Nashville with Ricki. This is not a "normal" family. This is a family of substantial means which means that distance is not as much of a factor for them as it would be for "regular" folks. Everyone forgets that Emily has a family as well who are not local and they make it work just fine. Furthermore, with Brad's whole family being in Austin with aunties, uncles and cousins, Emily and Ricki would have more of a family there than here in Charlotte.
    My main point is that you don't just up and move your child to another state in these circumstnaces to try to see if a relationship is going to work. IMO Brad should move to Charlotte first for the "let's see if this is going to work" stage and IF they decide to actually get married then they can move to Austin. Again, JMHO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion View Post
    Thanks for the info re: the photo of Emily and her family. They look like a nice family.

It's in Key West, and she looks the same as in her high school pictures. It's probably from around 2004. Her parents were divorced in 2008, so it doesn't explain if she's still close to them. As to RS's info about her dad flying to South Africa, no one else has mentioned that and we didn't see it. I'm just curious as to why there was nothing mentioned or shown on TV about her family -- and why neither she nor Brad ever brought it up on the show.

Families are usually a big part of the story for the top 4 and the Bach/ette. Even during Jillian's season, when Ed left and didn't get a HTD, they flew his parents out to Hawaii to meet Jillian before she decided.
    Update: Brad confirms in the new People that Emily's father was in South Africa and he told him he was in love with Emily. Emily said her dad cried when he saw them together and really liked Brad a lot.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion View Post
    Update: Brad confirms in the new People that Emily's father was in South Africa and he told him he was in love with Emily. Emily said her dad cried when he saw them together and really liked Brad a lot.
    They look hot together!