Page 122 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2272112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1250

Thread: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!

FORT Fan

Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!

Quote Originally Posted by zydacoegirl View Post
    But she's NOT the next Bachelorette?

Was it because she was not considered/offered the gig?

Why not "bail" at F4, F3 then? She could have done this and STILL been the next b'ette.
    In the media thread I believe there's an interview with Fleiss posted that says Chantal could have been next bachelorette but she fell in love with some guy in Seattle.

Oops I misread your post...you were talking about Emily.
    Last edited by Samantharose; 03-16-2011 at 03:04 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion View Post
    One thing the show never tied up -- or even brought up -- was Emily's relationship with her own parents.

We never saw Brad ask about them and she never mentioned them. It was such a huge a deal during Melissa's season when her parents wouldn't appear on the HTD, and they staged that phone call to get Brad acquainted with them. And this season, they did show Brad talking to Chantal's father and Shawntel's father about blessings and joining the family (I can't remember if it came out during Ashley's HTD, I was bored to death during it and kept tuning out.)

Brad constantly talks about how important family is to him. Emily has a daughter, but that's not her only family. She has parents (who are divorced) and I think a brother who is a few years older than her. Why wasn't Brad curious about them and her relationship with them? I can't help wonder if Emily isn't estranged from one or both of them, and if so, for how long? And whether either of them see Ricki?

Maybe Emily has had more than one heartbreak, in which case, her fear of getting hurt again becomes a bit more understandable.
    A pic is posted in the Media thread of Emily and her family.

RS stated Emily's dad was flown to S. Africa...but it wouldn't be shown on T.V. ??? Not sure though.

FORT Newbie

Why not "bail" at F4, F3 then? She could have done this and STILL been the next b'ette.
    She couldn't.....and save face in any way. Brad made such a big deal out of her from the beginning and it wouldn't have been "proper," if that makes sense.

This entire thing literally backfired for her!

FORT Fogey

Maybe the producers talked her into believing she was better off being the winner than the next bachelorette. Maybe she thought she could accept the proposal and still be the Bachelorette if she and Brad broke up between the FRC and the ATFR.

From the media stories today, it sounds like Brad thinks the producers fed her the questions during their LCD about whether he was ready to be a dad. They probably also were able to initially convince her to do a surprise wedding in Anguilla. Sounds like she comes to her senses a little too late sometimes.

Or, maybe she intended to be the next Bachelorette but fell in love with Brad and changed her own mind about it.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    It really says something that in the 11th hour TPTB are still hoping
    that Emily (chosen one) will still end up being the B'ette! You've got
    to love the irony of it all!!
    Perhaps that is why there is no media this year.....I'm told that is pretty much the routine each year. Maybe they are saving her for next year.

If I am incorrect and she is truly looking for love, I only hope that she does a great deal of growing up in the next year. She is far from mature and grounded at this stage of the game.

FORT Fogey

A pic is posted in the Media thread of Emily and her family.

RS stated Emily's dad was flown to S. Africa...but it wouldn't be shown on T.V. ??? Not sure though.
    Thanks for the info re: the photo of Emily and her family. They look like a nice family.

It's in Key West, and she looks the same as in her high school pictures. It's probably from around 2004. Her parents were divorced in 2008, so it doesn't explain if she's still close to them. As to RS's info about her dad flying to South Africa, no one else has mentioned that and we didn't see it. I'm just curious as to why there was nothing mentioned or shown on TV about her family -- and why neither she nor Brad ever brought it up on the show.

Families are usually a big part of the story for the top 4 and the Bach/ette. Even during Jillian's season, when Ed left and didn't get a HTD, they flew his parents out to Hawaii to meet Jillian before she decided.

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion View Post
    Thanks for the info re: the photo of Emily and her family. They look like a nice family.

It's in Key West, and she looks the same as in her high school pictures. It's probably from around 2004. Her parents were divorced in 2008, so it doesn't explain if she's still close to them. As to RS's info about her dad flying to South Africa, no one else has mentioned that and we didn't see it. I'm just curious as to why there was nothing mentioned or shown on TV about her family -- and why neither she nor Brad ever brought it up on the show.

Families are usually a big part of the story for the top 4 and the Bach/ette. Even during Jillian's season, when Ed left and didn't get a HTD, they flew his parents out to Hawaii to meet Jillian before she decided.
    Back on topic... thanks before I get sent to the dungeon! Is that how you spell it? Anyway, mentioning or meeting the parents whether it be just Em's or Em's and the Hendricks on TV added nothing to the story of the edit. It was all about lil Ricki. I think Brad and Emily both are most comfortable with exposing as few close friends and family as possible. Yes, I know the Womacks were there but they were also there seasons ago. If they survived that season, this one was a piece of cake!!

With that I'm going to bed! Good Night all. Sweet dreams.
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

FORT sun

Congratulations to TB for a well planned season. The girl who slapped Brad hard (as Brad's VO said at the end of the LCD with Emily) was the F1, Emily. .. Thereby, giving clues and twarting RS. Tried to make it all seem real, even down to the AFRC with the problems being exposed. Brad and Emily make a great couple. It was one of the best seasons ABC has had. All of the contestatnts were likeable.
    TB still needs to find a better hairdresser, however, totally repulsed by the bangs treatment on all the hair styles...looks like floppy pony tails in the front. Ashley's bangs remind me of some bad comb over of a bald guy. So fire that hairdresser, TB, and continue to surprise and give clues to keep the mystery of love alive. Continue to mix up the recipe.
    Brad and Emily, I'm sure they have alot to do than react to any flamers. Congratulations on keeping it together, and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ammango View Post

He's so head over heels in love with her...It will be sad when she rips his heart out and throws it in thecorner where she threw his b#lls during the AFRC.

Quote Originally Posted by parrierajr View Post
    Well, if I got anything good out of the show it was the song they played at the end by Train--Marry Me. Gorgeous song.
    I agree. That song and video was as good a piece of film as some of our own video artists. Best thing about the finale.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman