Thread: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!

  1. #1121
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!

    First off, can anybody tell me who / what BFC is?

    In fairness, I thought Brad handled / controlled himself really well during the entire AFTR.
    Even during the scene where he told Emily he was in it for the long haul and was wanting to take both she and Rikki, I think he was being heartfelt. It was Emily, IMO, who kept pushing it with him. The poor guy was obviously having anxiety. I didn't see him get volatile or anything even approaching that. He was totally anxious / panicked. The fact that he maintained his poise during the entire AFTR was pretty revealing, as well. She vacillated constantly about her feelings toward him. While I did find that an honest reaction on her part - I'm so sick of the AFTR's where they just look like 2 lovey dovey robots on a stage - I didn't think her going on about how "volatile" he is to be productive in that public arena. To then go on about "poking the bear" seemed to be overkill on her part, too. Jake with Vienna looked "volatile"; Brad with Emily looked wounded and hurt, but not "volatile." I thought Emily came across kind of passive / aggressive, overall.
    I didn't watch Brad's prior season. However, I do give him credit for not choosing either lady at that time. If you know it's not right, it takes a lot of courage to do that in front of a huge audience.
    The fact that Emily went on so much about her "boring" edit during the show and that she could have shown how much "fun" she was if she only had had the opportunity to go on the exciting, adventurous dates that Chantal had, also showed me that Emily looked at this as more of a "contest' and not a way of finding love. Did she not sign up for a reality show to begin with? Did she not realize that meant Brad would be "connecting" with others?
    All season, she got the Mother Teresa edit. More so than any other woman on the history of this show. Are we to believe she would have preferred to have a Michelle, Shawntell, Ashley or Chantal type edit, warts and all?
    I think if the relationship with Brad / Emily continues, there's no doubt in my mind that Emily is a very controlling, emasculating type woman.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 03-15-2011 at 03:53 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  2. #1122
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    First off, can anybody tell me who / what BFC is?

    In fairness, I thought Brad handled / controlled himself really well during the entire AFTR.
    Even during the scene where he told Emily he was in it for the long haul and was wanting to take both she and Rikki, I think he was being heartfelt. It was Emily, IMO, who kept pushing it with him. The poor guy was obviously having anxiety. I didn't see him get volatile or anything even approaching that. He was totally anxious / panicked. The fact that he maintained his poise during the entire AFTR was pretty revealing, as well. She vacillated constantly about her feelings toward him. While I did find that an honest reaction on her part - I'm so sick of the AFTR's where they just look like 2 lovey dovey robots on a stage - I didn't think her going on about how "volatile" he is to be productive in that public arena. To then go on about "poking the bear" seemed to be overkill on her part, too. Jake with Vienna looked "volatile"; Brad with Emily looked wounded and hurt, but not "volatile." I thought Emily came across kind of passive / aggressive, overall.
    I didn't watch Brad's prior season. However, I do give him credit for not choosing either lady at that time. If you know it's not right, it takes a lot of courage to do that in front of a huge audience.
    The fact that Emily went on so much about her "boring" edit during the show and that she could have shown how much "fun" she was if she only had had the opportunity to go on the exciting, adventurous dates that Chantal had, also showed me that Emily looked at this as more of a "contest' and not a way of finding love. Did she not sign up for a reality show to begin with? Did she not realize that meant Brad would be "connecting" with others?
    All season, she got the Mother Teresa edit. More so than any other woman on the history of this show. Are we to believe she would have preferred to have a Michelle, Shawntell, Ashley or Chantal type edit, warts and all?
    I think if the relationship with Brad / Emily continues, there's no doubt in my mind that Emily is a very controlling, emasculating type woman.
    It didn't seem to me that Emily was going on and on about her boring edit, but she was annoyed by it (since she obviously doesn't see herself as boring at all, her friends who have posted on the board concurred with that, and now we know for ourselves that she isn't either), so she brought it up, discussed it in a humorous way, and moved on to the next topic. The fact that the matter of her edit was on her mind at all, though, on the day where one would expect it to be totally focused on how happy she is to finally be able to spend time with Brad does tell me that she is having a lot of doubts about the viability of this romance. I don't see that as evidence that she is emasculating, but then again, I don't know how she feels about tape measures and GPSes.

    Forgot to answer your first question. BFC, or BabyfaceC is a friend and business partner of Brad's who posts here.
    Last edited by ironcat; 03-15-2011 at 04:34 PM.

  3. #1123
    Romantic Dreamer Love_Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!



    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

  4. #1124
    Romantic Dreamer Love_Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!



    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

  5. #1125
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,527

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!

    Beautiful pictures! I noticed last night that Brad just "lit up" when he was around Emily. It's hard to deny or hide when someone makes you that happy. I felt sorry for Chantal on their LCD, becuase Brad had already closed himself off to her. JMO.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

  6. #1126
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    276

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!

    Quote Originally Posted by RichLP View Post
    And of course, according to BFC, the first thing they did when they were free, BFC gave her a tour of the local bars...
    That would be the bars that they own.... slight difference from "the local bars." They being Brad, his brothers, and Jason (BabyfaceC).

  7. #1127
    He looks a right lurker RichLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    171

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!

    Quote Originally Posted by beader View Post
    That would be the bars that they own.... slight difference from "the local bars." They being Brad, his brothers, and Jason (BabyfaceC).
    Actually, "the local bars" was BFC's term, not mine...

  8. #1128
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    219

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!

    Did anybody talk about the bracelets that Emily wore on that last date?

    It looked to me that one large black leather bracelet may have had Ricky Hendricks initials on it (in silver) Of course I could be way off base - but it did seem to me that Emily did start to put up fences - like whoa, whoa, lets slow this down

    (and to hear tptb were going to stage a wedding at ATFR? that was shocking to me!)

    I found it interesting how open Chantal was, and how Emily was definitely seemed more guarded - but as a she is a single mom, I understood that!



    (found photo on screencap thread - thanks Love_Me)
    Last edited by angelmum3; 03-15-2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: added the photo

  9. #1129
    FORT Fogey reality-luv31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    940

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!

    Quote Originally Posted by angelmum3 View Post
    Did anybody talk about the bracelets that Emily wore on that last date?

    It looked to me that one large black leather bracelet may have had Ricky Hendricks initials on it (in silver) Of course I could be way off base - but it did seem to me that Emily did start to put up fences - like whoa, whoa, lets slow this down

    (and to hear tptb were going to stage a wedding at ATFR? that was shocking to me!)

    I found it interesting how open Chantal was, and how Emily was definitely seemed more guarded - but as a she is a single mom, I understood that!



    (found photo on screencap thread - thanks Love_Me)
    That bracelet has been discussed. Ricki is named after her father and grandfather- Her name is Josephine Riddick Hendrick. I don't think the bracelet reps Ricky- the ring did which she stopped wearing.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

  10. #1130
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    100

    Re: *Spoilers* 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!

    Quote Originally Posted by etherealfire View Post
    I love her too and also my favorite ever... I'm gonna miss seeing her on Mondays but I'm glad she has moved on to bigger and better things

    I'm so grateful for this board giving the headsup while waiting on the West Coast

    I agree that Chantal handled the AFTR interview like a classy woman. I hated how Brad made it sound like he kept her around becuase she was "fun" to hang out with. We all know it went beyond that. He was just scared of Emily's reaction if had indeed told Chantal his true feelings of why he kept her around. They weren't as strong of feelings as he had for Emily but making her sound like Chantal was just a "buddy" was mean!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.