Page 9 of 328 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    (Brought over from the Tabloid thread...)

It doesn't appeal to me, either. I'm in the Northwest, and that overly baked peroxide-hair, veneered-teeth, perfect-manicure look just looks...fake to most of us. I just keep thinking of Holly Madison and the Playboy mansion girls.

Beyond that, though, if Emily had a sparkling personality and chemistry with Brad that I could see, I would have enjoyed this season a lot more. As it is, I'm just left scratching my head, since all I see is an enigma. I hear Emily say she's falling for Brad, but I cannot for the life of me actually see it. When she said those words, she was sitting so primly on the couch, barely touching him. Where's the passion?

LOVE the Barbie and Ken avatar, BTW. Hilarious, and so true!
    That isn't included in the definition of a southern belle.

Actually the title "southern belle" is very outdated. True Southern Belles no longer exist.

Quote Originally Posted by 4233368
    It was used to describe a young woman from a wealthy elitist plantation owning family. They were raised by a Mammie and had slaves to wait on them. These girls were educated for the sole purpose to ensure an advantageous marriage. The rules of society had to be followed and the girls were expected to be virtuous and obedient to their parents. There were strict guidelines in courting, as the slightest "look or appearance of impropriety could ruin their reputation. Proper manners and etiquette was a must in the proper society and any deviation from that was not looked upon well. Even though they were born free of slavery the law looked upon the girls and women as property of the father or husband.

Once they were married they were expected to run their they would be the mistress to their husbands large plantation. Respectable Southern women were expected to do their part to hold up the plantation image which included being subservient to the powerful husband. The ‘true Southern lady’ was virtuous, self-sacrificing, and passive. Of course, while making sure the household was in perfect order, she was expected to be the perfect hostess and organize the lavish balls and receptions that were part of the social life. Many times the mistress was the one called upon for help in treating the sick on the plantation and in other times of distress when the husband was not around.

Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by ef13579 View Post
    Maybe we could've seen more of funny Brad... and more of the ACTUAL dates instead of just the drama and tears from each date and the stupid, "this is very real" "really" Bach-speak every date
    ITA! We saw some of those outtakes on the WTA and the one where he was dancing around during his interview...we don't see ANY of that. He looks so robotic during the show...it would have been nice to see him actually having fun like that.

FORT Fan

I still think it goes down like this I am NOT sure Brad did propose in SA...Like BFC said that it was just him dumping his F2 and choosing his his F1...So maybe there isn't a proposal at the FRC in SA..BUT after they got back to the states they NOW are engaged..And I still can't get out of my head that RS first said that they met around Thanksgiving..NOW how do we know that he may be engaged now..and that is why there were retakes so to speak of the proposal..I still there is something rotten in Demark....

I think RS has changed his story to FIT tptb story..After Monday night we will see the NORMAL FRC with him choosing Chantal and than at the ATFC we will see footage of the engagement and see the Happy couple...

So guys, what's your favorite TB/ette season ever? I've only watched since part way through Jill's... so all I know of the previous seasons are from the little bits that you guys mentioned through this season. What seasons/dates/epis in particular are memorable or you'd suggest for me to watch?
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

FORT Fan

Re: Tabloid rumors **possible SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by ko_vixen View Post
    ITA! We saw some of those outtakes on the WTA and the one where he was dancing around during his interview...we don't see ANY of that. He looks so robotic during the show...it would have been nice to see him actually having fun like that.
    Well we did some of his true wild self with Chantal on her dates..I think when BFC says we will see him LET loose after letting go the f2 gal..Maybe that why we weren't shown sc of Chantal walking toward the podium..Because she had a big smile just like Brad does when he see her..and This is the ONLY picture they could show her NOT smiling...

My first full season was only Jake's. I watched Ali after that and now this one. I will only watch the next if a) the guys are delicious or b) it isn't Ashley of the dark hair and bright orange/red lips.

Previously I watched the final dates of Trista and Ryan's season and while I couldn't stand Trista's baby voice I did fall in lust with Ryan (sappy poems and all)
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by ef13579 View Post
    So guys, what's your favorite TB/ette season ever? I've only watched since part way through Jill's... so all I know of the previous seasons are from the little bits that you guys mentioned through this season. What seasons/dates/epis in particular are memorable or you'd suggest for me to watch?
    Trista's season..
    DeAnna's season, FOR THE MEN not DeAnna

I like Andrew Firestone's season.
    I'm enjoying this season of Brad, for the girls not really inrterested in Brad.

Quote Originally Posted by one71721 View Post
    Trista's season..

I didn't see any of his but I saw him on Iron Chef as a guest judge and I may have liked it. He is quite cute.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by one71721 View Post
    Trista's season..

I did like Byrons season. I will say however Bob's season was the worst. UGH... I did like him in Tristas season but boy did they edit him in a good way during that season.

On Southern Belle as a term (though I wasn't the one to use it, I think it's an apt descriptor for Emily).

From Wikipedia:
    History is cool, but talking in today's terms, people who aren't from the south think of southern belles as women a lot like Emily. She even uses expressions like "mercy!" and "golly!" and is so very concerned with appearances and manners.
    Southern Belles have certain charm that is irreplaceable, and irrevocable. They are well mannered, and sweet....A true southern belle has perfect manners. Read up on your table manners, and make sure to always practice them. When you bump into someone accidently, say "Excuse/Pardon me", when someone gives you a compliment, smile and say "Thank you!". And of course, always be polite to everyone....Make sure you always dress well, and are presentable at all times. Do not wear clothes that are too revealing. Southern belles love wearing dresses, pearls, heels, and nice jackets. Invest in a few nice, casual dresses if you can.Keep yourself looking clean and neat. Bathe everyday, wear a light perfume, keep your hair looking nice and clean, keep your nails manicured and polished, and never cake on the make up!
    Sounds like Emily to me -- except for the caked makeup part. I think she wears too much.