Page 59 of 328 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

FORT Fan

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Quote Originally Posted by one71721 View Post
    Actually to be a well rounded individual and a good parent, you have to be a little bit selfish. Its ok to be a parent and still pursue your dreams...just so long as you continue be a parent. I don't see Emily being a bad parent.. I don't see her participation in the show as evidence that she is a bad parent or so selfish her daughter is suffering.

I got divorced and took a job 600 miles from our family and friends where we new ABSOLUTELY no one. Six years later my daughter is doing fantastic we have new fabulous friends and a good life. Emily and Ricki will be fine. Cut the girl some slack...
    Ahhh you're right! OK...throw that little blond filly into a "real" sweat inducing adrenaline date....and make her eat a worm....then a promise I will ride the SS Bremily!!!!!
    Last edited by skitts; 03-10-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carriealexander View Post
    ITA. As long as everyone is healthy and happy what does it matter? My parents have raised me to chase my dreams, if I fall down I get back up and consider other options before jumping back into the chase.
    The only time you stop chasing them is when your dead....Live life, enjoy it, all it, even the hard parts when you don't want to get back up.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    Looks like she gave up fame and entertainment, though, for a Texas barman, who cant wait to get back to his life in Austin with her and her daughter, because Brad isnt going to be part of the bette groupies. He is not going to play celebrity with the LA party scene or walk the red carpet every chance he gets. She made the wrong choice if entertainment industry was her goal. She may learn to bartend though if she wants
    Have to disagree with this to some extent. Brad is a guy that decided to go on The Bachelor TWICE! He can say whatever he wants but he clearly enjoys the spotlight to some degree in order to do that. Most of the guys I know wouldn't be caught dead on this thing. Really Brad, you have to go on a reality show to find a wife? Give me a break. That's ridiculous.

ETA: BTW, I don't necessarily fault him. Just saying he's as much of a famewhore as the rest of the people that woke up one morning and decided to date a bunch of people on TV at the same time for the world to see.
    Last edited by cakewalker; 03-10-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skitts View Post
    Ahhh you're right! OK...throw that little blond filly into a "real" sweat inducing adrenaline date....and make her eat a worm....then a promise I will ride the SS Bremily!!!!!
    Oh I'm not on the Bremily train, I just don't like watching her get torn down for trying to live her life. She's not on drugs, we have no media of her flashing her choochie in a drunken stupor..she looking for love or sure maybe a career that she'll enjoy or both..and hey even parents deserve to have fun. I have fun all the time... everybody derserves that.

Quote Originally Posted by cakewalker View Post
    Have to disagree with this to some extent. Brad is a guy that decided to go on The Bachelor TWICE! He can say whatever he wants but he clearly enjoys the spotlight to some degree in order to do that. Most of the guys I know wouldn't be caught dead on this thing. You have to go on a reality show to find a wife? Give me a break. That's ridiculous.
    Maybe all the women in Austin are friends with Roo and this was his one option?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    I think Emily's decision to go on TB was a selfish decision. At least I certainly hope so. Someone nominated her and it sounded like fun. She was able to cover all the bases to get Ricki taken care of while she would be gone. More power to her! She is 25 years old. She runs her own life as much as a 25 yo mother can. Good for her.

If she wanted a career in entertainment or broadcasting like Ali or Melissa or Jillian, more power to her. TB usually isnt much a stepping stone that way, but who knows. As it turns out, she had a grand time, travelled all over the world free with a bunch of interesting women and a very hunky man Her daughter did just fine. She got to tell all her friends at school how she was on tv and played with the camermen.

She still has a family - mother and father and Ricki's grandparents - who love both of them and will continue to support her decisions, because that is what you do for a daughter, even when you might have not completely agreed with her choices.

Looks like she gave up fame and entertainment, though, for a Texas barman, who cant wait to get back to his life in Austin with her and her daughter, because Brad isnt going to be part of the bette groupies. He is not going to play celebrity with the LA party scene or walk the red carpet every chance he gets. She made the wrong choice if entertainment industry was her goal. She may learn to bartend though if she wants

If she was really hoping for love, she found a guy who is head over heals for her. Along with that comes another close knit family of brothers and wives and kids that will love and support her and Ricki, and life will never be dull

Selfish is taking care of yourself, and it is not necessarily at the detriment of others. Seems everyone came out okay in the deal. We will see what the future brings in real life.

I was going to highlight parts of it to comment on it, and then I realized I'd be highlighting the whole thing! One of the things that I like about Brad doing this show the most is that he has no aspirations to be in the Hollywood life. It appears that Emily and Brad have similar family values, and I can see their lives meshing well together back in Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    Maybe all the women in Austin are friends with Roo and this was his one option?
    That was my thought as well as he's got a playboy/dog reputation around town and he can't find a good woman.. who knows. I'm just glad Chantal dodged that bullet and Emily, I'm sorry, I just don't see it lasting a la Trista and Ryan..

Quote Originally Posted by cakewalker View Post
    Have to disagree with this to some extent. Brad is a guy that decided to go on The Bachelor TWICE! He can say whatever he wants but he clearly enjoys the spotlight to some degree in order to do that. Most of the guys I know wouldn't be caught dead on this thing. You have to go on a reality show to find a wife? Give me a break. That's ridiculous.
    Then why watch it? We have had numerous guys that went on the show. Some have faded away as soon as their season was over. Some have found every reason possible to stay in the spotlight. Brad was one that stayed away from the spotlight after his first go round. Brad has also said that he does believe in the process and feels that he didn't open himself up enough his first go round. Brad decided to do the show again, TPTB decided to allow him back on again, viewers decided to watch him again. Brad says he fell in love this time around, TPTB have gotten the ratings they wanted this time around, the viewers have something to watch on Mondays and argue or b*&ch about the rest of the week. Win, win, win for everyone involved.

FORT Fanatic

when did BabyfaceC decide to be so obvious about who is F1? He was so discreet before when he gave his little hints. Now, I think he is making it
    very clear.

FORT Newbie

New to here--but reading for a long time...

All I know is that IF, and that is a BIG if, Brad does not end up choosing Emily, I cannot imagine what the backlash would be....

Telling her he was falling in love with her-(thats a big one)
    Meeting and spending time with her daughter, (after knowing what a huge deal that was for Emily)

Not to mention the latest spoilers and articles that have pointed to Emily in the last couple weeks, and the huge fan base she carries. If he was hated because of his last season, that would be nothing compared to the outcome if it ends up letting Emily go...

Yes, I am an Emily fan.