Page 58 of 328 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 3276

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

  1. #571
    Premium Member jelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Under the big umbrella
    Posts
    3,914

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    I think Emily's decision to go on TB was a selfish decision. At least I certainly hope so. Someone nominated her and it sounded like fun. She was able to cover all the bases to get Ricki taken care of while she would be gone. More power to her! She is 25 years old. She runs her own life as much as a 25 yo mother can. Good for her.

    If she wanted a career in entertainment or broadcasting like Ali or Melissa or Jillian, more power to her. TB usually isnt much a stepping stone that way, but who knows. As it turns out, she had a grand time, travelled all over the world free with a bunch of interesting women and a very hunky man Her daughter did just fine. She got to tell all her friends at school how she was on tv and played with the camermen.

    She still has a family - mother and father and Ricki's grandparents - who love both of them and will continue to support her decisions, because that is what you do for a daughter, even when you might have not completely agreed with her choices.

    Looks like she gave up fame and entertainment, though, for a Texas barman, who cant wait to get back to his life in Austin with her and her daughter, because Brad isnt going to be part of the bette groupies. He is not going to play celebrity with the LA party scene or walk the red carpet every chance he gets. She made the wrong choice if entertainment industry was her goal. She may learn to bartend though if she wants

    If she was really hoping for love, she found a guy who is head over heals for her. Along with that comes another close knit family of brothers and wives and kids that will love and support her and Ricki, and life will never be dull

    Selfish is taking care of yourself, and it is not necessarily at the detriment of others. Seems everyone came out okay in the deal. We will see what the future brings in real life.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

  2. #572
    FORT Fan draven31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    san antonio,tx
    Posts
    357

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    I think Emily's decision to go on TB was a selfish decision. At least I certainly hope so. Someone nominated her and it sounded like fun. She was able to cover all the bases to get Ricki taken care of while she would be gone. More power to her! She is 25 years old. She runs her own life as much as a 25 yo mother can. Good for her.

    If she wanted a career in entertainment or broadcasting like Ali or Melissa or Jillian, more power to her. TB usually isnt much a stepping stone that way, but who knows. As it turns out, she had a grand time, travelled all over the world free with a bunch of interesting women and a very hunky man Her daughter did just fine. She got to tell all her friends at school how she was on tv and played with the camermen.

    She still has a family - mother and father and Ricki's grandparents - who love both of them and will continue to support her decisions, because that is what you do for a daughter, even when you might have not completely agreed with her choices.

    Looks like she gave up fame and entertainment, though, for a Texas barman, who cant wait to get back to his life in Austin with her and her daughter, because Brad isnt going to be part of the bette groupies. He is not going to play celebrity with the LA party scene or walk the red carpet every chance he gets. She made the wrong choice if entertainment industry was her goal. She may learn to bartend though if she wants

    If she was really hoping for love, she found a guy who is head over heals for her. Along with that comes another close knit family of brothers and wives and kids that will love and support her and Ricki, and life will never be dull

    Selfish is taking care of yourself, and it is not necessarily at the detriment of others. Seems everyone came out okay in the deal. We will see what the future brings in real life.




    Every word you just typed.. especially the bolded.

  3. #573
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Steel Country
    Posts
    159

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    I think Emily's decision to go on TB was a selfish decision. At least I certainly hope so. Someone nominated her and it sounded like fun. She was able to cover all the bases to get Ricki taken care of while she would be gone. More power to her! She is 25 years old. She runs her own life as much as a 25 yo mother can. Good for her.

    If she wanted a career in entertainment or broadcasting like Ali or Melissa or Jillian, more power to her. TB usually isnt much a stepping stone that way, but who knows. As it turns out, she had a grand time, travelled all over the world free with a bunch of interesting women and a very hunky man Her daughter did just fine. She got to tell all her friends at school how she was on tv and played with the camermen.

    She still has a family - mother and father and Ricki's grandparents - who love both of them and will continue to support her decisions, because that is what you do for a daughter, even when you might have not completely agreed with her choices.

    Looks like she gave up fame and entertainment, though, for a Texas barman, who cant wait to get back to his life in Austin with her and her daughter, because Brad isnt going to be part of the bette groupies. He is not going to play celebrity with the LA party scene or walk the red carpet every chance he gets. She made the wrong choice if entertainment industry was her goal. She may learn to bartend though if she wants

    If she was really hoping for love, she found a guy who is head over heals for her. Along with that comes another close knit family of brothers and wives and kids that will love and support her and Ricki, and life will never be dull

    Selfish is taking care of yourself, and it is not necessarily at the detriment of others. Seems everyone came out okay in the deal. We will see what the future brings in real life.
    Selfish is certainly not a quality I aspire to for myself, my children or friends.

  4. #574
    FORT Newbie cnewman525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    I right there with ya... on everything. I watch this show for entertainment. It's my one guilty pleasure and I look forward to Monday's every week when I get to sit in my bed without DH (girl zone only) and sip my cheap pink champagne. What these people do outside the show is their problem not mine. I have too many other things to give me headaches than trying to speculate why they do this show... but I am thankful they do!!

    I love coming on FORT because my oldest is 3 and snark is kind of lost on him ... DH does try his best to sound interested in FORT tho. Everyday he asks me what's happening on here. Gotta give him props

    Me too! I love watching on Monday nights with a glass of red wine! My husband pretends not to watch even though I see him peeking over his laptop during the whole show.....
    I think it's great we can all give our opinions of the show and the people but who really knows what is going on in their lives or their reasons for doing anything?? Ya know?

  5. #575
    FORT Fogey carriealexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    I right there with ya... on everything. I watch this show for entertainment. It's my one guilty pleasure and I look forward to Monday's every week when I get to sit in my bed without DH (girl zone only) and sip my cheap pink champagne. What these people do outside the show is their problem not mine. I have too many other things to give me headaches than trying to speculate why they do this show... but I am thankful they do!!

    I love coming on FORT because my oldest is 3 and snark is kind of lost on him ... DH does try his best to sound interested in FORT tho. Everyday he asks me what's happening on here. Gotta give him props
    ITA. It's the same for me every Monday night is my night to relax. I don't have class and usually work a quick morning shift. It is my escape from stress day.

    My Bf does too I'm a very quite and calm person IRL but can be a bit sassy and snarky when I'm talking or joking with him it really comes out. He likes to read the posts on here once in a while and if he is in a bad mood I let him read what I'm writing to cheer him up. He thinks everyone is hilarious here and should print FORT on their resumes for their next job interview with the CIA.

  6. #576
    FORT Fanatic Pdilly1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    673

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by zacksmom1993 View Post
    Please point out to me where I bashed Emily in my post. My opinion was that it was a selfish decision and I explained why.

    And regardless of whether or not the Hendricks have the means to travel easily, I still think it's preferable for them to be down the street. It's why I want Brad to move to Charlotte!
    In all fairness it is Emilys, Brads and Rickies life and theirs to decide where to move to. As far as them staying i Charlotte, I am sure Emily has discussed it with the Hendricks. Because someone moves out of state does not mean that you are not close. Sometimes it means you have more quality time when you speak or visit with that person.

    As far as Emily making a selfish decision...I do not agree with you at all.

  7. #577
    FORT Fogey one71721's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,570

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by skitts View Post
    Selfish is certainly not a quality I aspire to for myself, my children or friends.
    Actually to be a well rounded individual and a good parent, you have to be a little bit selfish. Its ok to be a parent and still pursue your dreams...just so long as you continue be a parent. I don't see Emily being a bad parent.. I don't see her participation in the show as evidence that she is a bad parent or so selfish her daughter is suffering.

    I got divorced and took a job 600 miles from our family and friends where we new ABSOLUTELY no one. Six years later my daughter is doing fantastic we have new fabulous friends and a good life. Emily and Ricki will be fine. Cut the girl some slack...

  8. #578
    FORT Fanatic Pdilly1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    673

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Sometimes I think it is the parents that are selfish. I have 4 children and 9 grandchildren. I have always told my kids to chase that rainbow. Some do live out of town and 1/2 across the US. Do I miss them. Yes I do. But it is their lives they have to find what makes them happy whether it is a certain career or a place to live. What kind of parent would I be telling them they can not dream and live their own lives. All are good kids with decent jobs and they are fine parents. My job is done.

  9. #579
    FORT Fogey carriealexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1 View Post
    Sometimes I think it is the parents that are selfish. I have 4 children and 9 grandchildren. I have always told my kids to chase that rainbow. Some do live out of town and 1/2 across the US. Do I miss them. Yes I do. But it is their lives they have to find what makes them happy whether it is a certain career or a place to live. What kind of parent would I be telling them they can not dream and live their own lives. All are good kids with decent jobs and they are fine parents. My job is done.
    ITA. As long as everyone is healthy and happy what does it matter? My parents have raised me to chase my dreams, if I fall down I get back up and consider other options before jumping back into the chase I know that I can always come back to them if I ever needed anything but they raised me to not be dependent on them for everything.

  10. #580
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    287

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    I think Emily's decision to go on TB was a selfish decision. At least I certainly hope so. Someone nominated her and it sounded like fun. She was able to cover all the bases to get Ricki taken care of while she would be gone. More power to her! She is 25 years old. She runs her own life as much as a 25 yo mother can. Good for her.

    If she wanted a career in entertainment or broadcasting like Ali or Melissa or Jillian, more power to her. TB usually isnt much a stepping stone that way, but who knows. As it turns out, she had a grand time, travelled all over the world free with a bunch of interesting women and a very hunky man Her daughter did just fine. She got to tell all her friends at school how she was on tv and played with the camermen.

    She still has a family - mother and father and Ricki's grandparents - who love both of them and will continue to support her decisions, because that is what you do for a daughter, even when you might have not completely agreed with her choices.

    Looks like she gave up fame and entertainment, though, for a Texas barman, who cant wait to get back to his life in Austin with her and her daughter, because Brad isnt going to be part of the bette groupies. He is not going to play celebrity with the LA party scene or walk the red carpet every chance he gets. She made the wrong choice if entertainment industry was her goal. She may learn to bartend though if she wants

    If she was really hoping for love, she found a guy who is head over heals for her. Along with that comes another close knit family of brothers and wives and kids that will love and support her and Ricki, and life will never be dull

    Selfish is taking care of yourself, and it is not necessarily at the detriment of others. Seems everyone came out okay in the deal. We will see what the future brings in real life.
    I absolutely love, love, love this post! Well said!!
    Brad to Emily: It's real...it's definitely real.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.