Page 56 of 328 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    Hmmmm...I could really see how folks can see it this way, but I'm looking at it a little differently. I don't know who watches DWTS here, but there was a lot of backlash against Maks' partner Erin Andrews (the reporter from ESPN) a couple of seasons ago. She was the one who was a victim of some pervert who posted naked videotape of her on the internet. A real sicko peeping tom. People didn't think she should be seen dancing on tv in those outfits after that experience. Wow - so she should remain in victim mode for the rest of her life, and never do anything fun? She was more covered up in her outfits than lots of women on that show. I'm thinking the same way about Emily. She's a beautiful woman, and why not go on TB? Just because she has a child, suffered a public loss, and comes from a wealthy family she shouldn't go on TB? It's on ABC, not some raunchy cable show. I don't think anyone going on that show thinks that they'll be dragged through the mud, and not because they think they're special. I don't know, I guess I just don't think it's so wrong for her to do the show. She didn't leave her daughter unattended for a month. She left her notes and presents, and called her. Getting away from Emily - I also think it's fine for any of them to go on this show for any reason. Being on TB gives you tons of exposure, and if this is how you think you'll break into show business, go for it. It'll open a door that was closed before. Once you walk through that door it's up to you and your skills to maintain that career. Travis is doing just fine for himself, and Trista and Ryan pop up every now again to hawk a different product (is it KY brand they're doing commercials for now?). Good for them. I'd love to see true love prevail, and some seasons it does, but it's just a show after all. Reading the sleuthing threads is fun (people here are amazing in what they uncover!) and watching those fantastic dates is crazy, but there's not too much reality in this reality tv.

(No disrespect to nv or anyone with opposing views I just wanted to share my opinion. Thanks!)
    none taken I love hearing other points of view to comment on Erin on DWTS, I was so happy that she chose to do the show... loved, loved, loved her interactions with Maks but her choice only affected her, not a child or another family, not that I'm aware of anyway.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by zacksmom1993 View Post
    Let me preface this:
    --I don't know Emily
    --I don't know the Hendricks
    --I don't know Brad
    --Emily looks like a wonderful mother from her interactions with Ricki on screen
    --Ricki looks like a well-adjusted, happy child, due in no small part to the love and attention given her by the Hendricks and Emily
    --Emily and Ricky look like a young couple in crazy love with each other in all the photographs readily available online
    --Emily suffered a tremendous loss. One that I think EVERYONE understands and has compassion for. I certainly do.

All that being said, my heart is always going to be with the people who have no power over their story being told. In this case, that is the Hendricks and Ricki. I can imagine what Emily suffered, having suffered something similar. I can't imagine what the Hendricks suffered. To lose their only son, a brother, nieces, business partners, friends. It's incomprehensible. Do I think they want Emily to find someone new and have a father for Ricki? Absolutely. But it is soul sucking for me to think about Emily "winning" a TV show based at least partially on a story that in my mind was worse for the Hendricks than it was for Emily. And now on Monday they are going to have to watch her accept an engagement to be married to someone they've never met in a situation where the F1 has NEVER made it to the alter with the one they originally chose? I got torn apart for saying that Emily should have left the first night when she found out that it was a non-negotiable for Brad to leave Austin because the happiness of the Hendricks should have been at least a partial consideration to her. But that's my opinion. It doesn't make her a bad person to go on the show. It certainly doesn't make her a bad mother. But, I agree with northernviewer that it was a selfish decision.

All that being said, the story has been written. Nothing I can say will change it. But some wishful thinking for Brad, if I may? I think a new collection of bars would be AWESOME in Charlotte, NC. How 'bout on the media rounds next week, you say that you're moving there? Pretty please with a cherry on top? And beautiful, beautiful Emily? Please smile like you did with Ricky. And if you can't, find someone who makes you feel that way. You deserve it.
    ITA with this post

and I LOVE that line
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

Quote Originally Posted by pam2920 View Post
    Oh - I so so agree with you. Why would a woman from a decent family, very pretty, seemingly sweet, beautiful home...ever in a million years...do this ridiculous show?

I guess we could all ask this question about the other 30 woman who went on this show and the 500 people who went on the show before them .
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by draven31 View Post
    Like I said The Hendricks have had their story told (even narrated by Tom Cruise). The tragedy is brought up every year around the anniversary of the crash. It's a very big deal to the nascar family.

Why do we bash Emily for letting her story be told. She lost somebody to and now her little girl will never met her birth father.

Now as for her taking the Ricki away from her grandparents. I dont think there will ever be a problem with Rick, Linda or Lynn being able to see Ricki when ever they want. Rick has several private planes. He travels every race weekend anyway.
    Please point out to me where I bashed Emily in my post. My opinion was that it was a selfish decision and I explained why.

And regardless of whether or not the Hendricks have the means to travel easily, I still think it's preferable for them to be down the street. It's why I want Brad to move to Charlotte!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I seem to remember a lot of people getting tired of it "being rammed down their throats" so to speak and were tired of hearing of it..IMO its a large part of the reason Chris turned down the bachelor...he didint' want to play TPTB game and put his family through that again..It was the same thing during Deanna's season...we were sooooo sick of hearing how Brad dumped her and Jenni at the beginning of every episdoe

IDK why Emily chose this format to find love...and even though I think Brad is really into her..I do question whether she is into him as much..I said most of the season that she just appeared not to be into him that much. As I have said befoe I think and this is JMO that Brad is just a stepping stone for Emily..could I be wrong..YES could I be right..YES only time will tell the tale..but if they do break up..I fully expect Brad to take the blame to save her "image"

People got tired of hearing it but, since he was the favorite here of some it was much defened him always talking about it. Plus, he was never deemed selfish and other forms of negativity for coming on the Bachelorette and sharing the story of his mother or bringing his family into it.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    People got tired of hearing it but, since he was the favorite here of some it was much defened him always talking about it. Plus, he was never deemed selfish and other forms of negativity for coming on the Bachelorette and sharing the story of his mother or bringing his family into it.

well..its seems the same to me looks like a lot of people are here defending Emily
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ummtalhah View Post
    I asked this the other day... Did people feel the same way about Jason M.? Who not only did the show once made F2, but then came back a second time and did his own show. Which ultimately ended with him marrying his F2. Was he not 100% focused on his child?
    Yup. He got a lot of heat for doing it too. And all the future single women or men with children who come on this show will have to go through it too.

But hey, Ty survived and has a wonderful step-mom because of this show!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

I asked this the other day... Did people feel the same way about Jason M.? Who not only did the show once made F2, but then came back a second time and did his own show. Which ultimately ended with him marrying his F2. Was he not 100% focused on his child?
    That I dont remember. Good question though. I do think that people brought up the Jason/daddy thing along with Ty's mommy is still in the picture so it didn't count.

But the did show the little guy quit a bit if I remember and he was at the FRC with Daddy and the girl he later dumped. they jumped in a pool if memory serves.

FORT Fan

People did go after Jason. But, and I don't mean this to sound harsh, there was another parent around to be 100% focused on his child while he was away. In Emily's case (and Stephanie's), she is the only custodial parent. Actually, the thing that really ticked me off with Jason was how he acted like his wife had abandoned him and his son, when the truth was miles away from that. I do remember some pretty harsh talk about whether or not he could really be considered a "single parent." Simply, I don't think any of the leads get off easy, which maybe should give pause to future contestants who will be involving children.

FORT Newbie

Correct me if i'm wrong but Emily isn't the first one to come on this show that has had a tragic story or a child. A few seasons ago Stephanie came on The Bachelor and she had lost her husband in an accident as well. I agree that Emily's fiancée was a prominent figure, but her past and his death should not dictate what she does i.e. the bachelor. We may all believe this show is scripted but the scripted purpose of this show is to find "love" and why should Emily's motives be considered "selfish"? She's just like any other 24 year old out there who wants to find love. Yes she has a child and yes that child should (and probably does) come first but i think it's a little harsh the way people are judging Emily. Just because she made it to the final 2? No one on these boards, including myself, know's Emily or Chantal so for anyone to sit here and judge either of these girls based on their past, their family or their physical attributes is just wrong and uncalled for. Someone wrote on top that she should have known her story would be dragged through mud...and i just don't see something like that. Why should it be? Why should her story be dragged through mud and not Chantal's divorce? I mean what right do we have to judge her actions, she can do whatever she wants, no one is perfect, including the people who are being judgmental to Emily or Chantal!

*Phew* this is just my opinion that has been bubbling in for the last few days and i just had to get it all out today. Now that i'm done, everyone can go back to judging Emily and Chantal