Page 55 of 328 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 3276

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

  1. #541
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    151

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Let me preface this:
    --I don't know Emily
    --I don't know the Hendricks
    --I don't know Brad
    --Emily looks like a wonderful mother from her interactions with Ricki on screen
    --Ricki looks like a well-adjusted, happy child, due in no small part to the love and attention given her by the Hendricks and Emily
    --Emily and Ricky look like a young couple in crazy love with each other in all the photographs readily available online
    --Emily suffered a tremendous loss. One that I think EVERYONE understands and has compassion for. I certainly do.

    All that being said, my heart is always going to be with the people who have no power over their story being told. In this case, that is the Hendricks and Ricki. I can imagine what Emily suffered, having suffered something similar. I can't imagine what the Hendricks suffered. To lose their only son, a brother, nieces, business partners, friends. It's incomprehensible. Do I think they want Emily to find someone new and have a father for Ricki? Absolutely. But it is soul sucking for me to think about Emily "winning" a TV show based at least partially on a story that in my mind was worse for the Hendricks than it was for Emily. And now on Monday they are going to have to watch her accept an engagement to be married to someone they've never met in a situation where the F1 has NEVER made it to the alter with the one they originally chose? I got torn apart for saying that Emily should have left the first night when she found out that it was a non-negotiable for Brad to leave Austin because the happiness of the Hendricks should have been at least a partial consideration to her. But that's my opinion. It doesn't make her a bad person to go on the show. It certainly doesn't make her a bad mother. But, I agree with northernviewer that it was a selfish decision.

    All that being said, the story has been written. Nothing I can say will change it. But some wishful thinking for Brad, if I may? I think a new collection of bars would be AWESOME in Charlotte, NC. How 'bout on the media rounds next week, you say that you're moving there? Pretty please with a cherry on top? And beautiful, beautiful Emily? Please smile like you did with Ricky. And if you can't, find someone who makes you feel that way. You deserve it.

  2. #542
    FORT Fogey grneyedgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,370

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    She had umm *enhancements* done... and some say she has veneers which I can kinda see because in the younger photos of her you can see she has kind of a rogue eye tooth. Maybe the veneers were an easier option than getting braces esp when you are older.
    LOL...enhancements! Honestly, I never even noticed! I must admit that I am jealous of the veneers...it I had the money I would get them in a heart beat!
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

  3. #543
    FORT Fogey LuvThisStuf!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Luv this location!
    Posts
    837

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    First I'd like to say sorry for your loss and that I agree with what you've said and all those have had to face it... and I'm sure that number is great just with us here at Fort...know that money will never make up for it. That being said, I think for many, including myself, kind of take acception to her using her tragic backstory to get a guy This is a well known public family tragedy that affected more than just her and her ability to find a guy ... why the heck would she go on a reality television dating show?? like c'mon, she had to know how it was going to be dragged through the mud...did she really think that she was so special that it was going to be left alone? sometimes as a mom and a member of a prominent family you have to think about more than yourself. I feel sorry for little Ricky and the Hendrick's... Emily is a big girl, who IMO, made a really selfish move by applying for this show.
    Hmmmm...I could really see how folks can see it this way, but I'm looking at it a little differently. I don't know who watches DWTS here, but there was a lot of backlash against Maks' partner Erin Andrews (the reporter from ESPN) a couple of seasons ago. She was the one who was a victim of some pervert who posted naked videotape of her on the internet. A real sicko peeping tom. People didn't think she should be seen dancing on tv in those outfits after that experience. Wow - so she should remain in victim mode for the rest of her life, and never do anything fun? She was more covered up in her outfits than lots of women on that show. I'm thinking the same way about Emily. She's a beautiful woman, and why not go on TB? Just because she has a child, suffered a public loss, and comes from a wealthy family she shouldn't go on TB? It's on ABC, not some raunchy cable show. I don't think anyone going on that show thinks that they'll be dragged through the mud, and not because they think they're special. I don't know, I guess I just don't think it's so wrong for her to do the show. She didn't leave her daughter unattended for a month. She left her notes and presents, and called her. Getting away from Emily - I also think it's fine for any of them to go on this show for any reason. Being on TB gives you tons of exposure, and if this is how you think you'll break into show business, go for it. It'll open a door that was closed before. Once you walk through that door it's up to you and your skills to maintain that career. Travis is doing just fine for himself, and Trista and Ryan pop up every now again to hawk a different product (is it KY brand they're doing commercials for now?). Good for them. I'd love to see true love prevail, and some seasons it does, but it's just a show after all. Reading the sleuthing threads is fun (people here are amazing in what they uncover!) and watching those fantastic dates is crazy, but there's not too much reality in this reality tv.

    (No disrespect to nv or anyone with opposing views I just wanted to share my opinion. Thanks!)

  4. #544
    TEAM BREMILY ♥ Truelovealways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,711

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Ummtalhah View Post
    I also got the sense from her that she really didn't want that to be what Brad knew of her. Even when she told him about the plane crash she never said who he was. She didn't go into further explanation until BRAD asked her. It is not like she volunteered the information. He wanted to know if she was OK and she obviously felt that was a good time to explain just how tied into nascar she really was. By that time they had spent some time together and her knew her a little bit more. He didn't fall for her because of her back story at least not that I see.
    ITA. When she was telling Brad the story first she told him that she is sorry for waiting so long to tell him but she wanted him to get to know/like her for who she is and not her with all this "stuff". So I am not understanding people saying that she used this story for Brad to fall in love with her . Like you said she didn't even mention his name or the fact that he was a NASCAR driver until TPTB set-up that Nascar date.....

    Again I am not getting all of the cold comments about Emily and her tragic loss. Chris had the same story last season with his mom and his loss and we heard about it every single episode. No one made such harsh comments about him or his loss. Or questioned why he went on the show. We have heard from Chris himself that he did not only talk about his mom with Ali and I am sure the same can be said of Emily. I guess because Emily is the F1 and not Chantal it is now ok to rake her over the coals and make her out to be a horrible person who doesn't even love Brad she just accepted his proposal just because
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

  5. #545
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    151

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by draven31 View Post
    I have never heard Emily's POV , no stories on Nascar.com. No interviews with Marty Smith. We saw her during the Hendricks movie but she did not speak on camera. I have no clue why she did the show now. I really dont care. Is this giving her a voice for her own tragedy? I think so. I dont think she a fame whore or gold digger or anything other than a single mom with a story she was now ready to tell.
    I almost NEVER say this because I'm stubborn as a mule , but that is a great point that is causing me to reconsider. What an interesting take that the story was probably always about the Hendricks and her voice was never heard. Sincerely, thank you!

  6. #546
    FORT Newbie pam2920's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    14

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by WakeUpSunshine View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm just not buying that Emily is sincere about any of this! !
    Oh - I so so agree with you. Why would a woman from a decent family, very pretty, seemingly sweet, beautiful home...ever in a million years...do this ridiculous show?

    Was she bored? Could she not find anyone to date in her city or state? And who in their right mind would put their kid on TV for 5 minutes of fame? If I am 100% focused on my kids, then I'm 100% focused, I would not consider dashing off to play games on a reality show.

    There is always a reason behind the reason, the chances she went on the show to meet the Bachelor and "fall in love" are about the same as Wes. They do it for their own personal reasons, and on the way, try and convince us to buy into the drama.

    Which is why most of these relationships don't last. The ones that do, it's a coincidence. They are like co-workers that day after day working on a project, long hours, feelings develop. Good for them, quite by accident.


  7. #547
    FORT Fan draven31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    san antonio,tx
    Posts
    357

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by zacksmom1993 View Post
    Let me preface this:
    --I don't know Emily
    --I don't know the Hendricks
    --I don't know Brad
    --Emily looks like a wonderful mother from her interactions with Ricki on screen
    --Ricki looks like a well-adjusted, happy child, due in no small part to the love and attention given her by the Hendricks and Emily
    --Emily and Ricky look like a young couple in crazy love with each other in all the photographs readily available online
    --Emily suffered a tremendous loss. One that I think EVERYONE understands and has compassion for. I certainly do.

    All that being said, my heart is always going to be with the people who have no power over their story being told. In this case, that is the Hendricks and Ricki. I can imagine what Emily suffered, having suffered something similar. I can't imagine what the Hendricks suffered. To lose their only son, a brother, nieces, business partners, friends. It's incomprehensible. Do I think they want Emily to find someone new and have a father for Ricki? Absolutely. But it is soul sucking for me to think about Emily "winning" a TV show based at least partially on a story that in my mind was worse for the Hendricks than it was for Emily. And now on Monday they are going to have to watch her accept an engagement to be married to someone they've never met in a situation where the F1 has NEVER made it to the alter with the one they originally chose? I got torn apart for saying that Emily should have left the first night when she found out that it was a non-negotiable for Brad to leave Austin because the happiness of the Hendricks should have been at least a partial consideration to her. But that's my opinion. It doesn't make her a bad person to go on the show. It certainly doesn't make her a bad mother. But, I agree with northernviewer that it was a selfish decision.

    All that being said, the story has been written. Nothing I can say will change it. But some wishful thinking for Brad, if I may? I think a new collection of bars would be AWESOME in Charlotte, NC. How 'bout on the media rounds next week, you say that you're moving there? Pretty please with a cherry on top? And beautiful, beautiful Emily? Please smile like you did with Ricky. And if you can't, find someone who makes you feel that way. You deserve it.


    Like I said The Hendricks have had their story told (even narrated by Tom Cruise). The tragedy is brought up every year around the anniversary of the crash. It's a very big deal to the nascar family.

    Why do we bash Emily for letting her story be told. She lost somebody to and now her little girl will never met her birth father.

    Now as for her taking the Ricki away from her grandparents. I dont think there will ever be a problem with Rick, Linda or Lynn being able to see Ricki when ever they want. Rick has several private planes. He travels every race weekend anyway.

  8. #548
    FORT Fan draven31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    san antonio,tx
    Posts
    357

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by zacksmom1993 View Post
    I almost NEVER say this because I'm stubborn as a mule , but that is a great point that is causing me to reconsider. What an interesting take that the story was probably always about the Hendricks and her voice was never heard. Sincerely, thank you!
    very welcome. Like I said JMO.

  9. #549
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways View Post
    ITA. When she was telling Brad the story first she told him that she is sorry for waiting so long to tell him but she wanted him to get to know/like her for who she is and not her with all this "stuff". So I am not understanding people saying that she used this story for Brad to fall in love with her . Like you said she didn't even mention his name or the fact that he was a NASCAR driver until TPTB set-up that Nascar date.....

    Again I am not getting all of the cold comments about Emily and her tragic loss. Chris had the same story last season with his mom and his loss and we heard about it every single episode. No one made such harsh comments about him or his loss. Or questioned why he went on the show. We have heard from Chris himself that he did not only talk about his mom with Ali and I am sure the same can be said of Emily. I guess because Emily is the F1 and not Chantal it is now ok to rake her over the coals and make her out to be a horrible person who doesn't even love Brad she just accepted his proposal just because
    I seem to remember a lot of people getting tired of it "being rammed down their throats" so to speak and were tired of hearing of it..IMO its a large part of the reason Chris turned down the bachelor...he didint' want to play TPTB game and put his family through that again..It was the same thing during Deanna's season...we were sooooo sick of hearing how Brad dumped her and Jenni at the beginning of every episdoe

    IDK why Emily chose this format to find love...and even though I think Brad is really into her..I do question whether she is into him as much..I said most of the season that she just appeared not to be into him that much. As I have said befoe I think and this is JMO that Brad is just a stepping stone for Emily..could I be wrong..YES could I be right..YES only time will tell the tale..but if they do break up..I fully expect Brad to take the blame to save her "image"
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  10. #550
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    28

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by pam2920 View Post
    If I am 100% focused on my kids, then I'm 100% focused, I would not consider dashing off to play games on a reality show.




    I asked this the other day... Did people feel the same way about Jason M.? Who not only did the show once made F2, but then came back a second time and did his own show. Which ultimately ended with him marrying his F2. Was he not 100% focused on his child?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.